Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Makeup brushes

• 13-03-2012 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Bought some bobbi brown eyeshadow yesterday, and the sales agent was asking did I hae the ight brush for it? Im assuming the are commission based as a brush is a brush or am I completely off the mark?

Do you really need that many brushes if you're not a make up artist?

Comments

i use a basic brush though i have to say i used part of a voucher to buy a double-sided one in BT2, one end is a bit thicker and slanted and the other is for "smoky eyes", for underneath the eyes i think, and it's pretty handy
    other than that i'm happy with my basic brushes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Some good basic brushes help you achieve a better result with the product but you don't need that many and there are great low priced sets out there like Crown Brushes and Real Techniques. I'd recommend a good all over eye brush and one for blending darker shades and a good powder and foundation brush is nice as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Ive been using eco tools but i find them great, now I have the whole set, but in bts yesterday, the amount of brushes she has, I couldnt justify buying them all as I wouldnt be an everyday make up wearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I agree you only really need two. one to place base colours on and one to blend them out.
    I'd want more myself for darker and lighter colours etc, but you I think two is enough.smaller brushes for applying dark shadows over eye liner if you like that kinda look , but it depends what you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I have the opposite problem, and have far too many brushes now :o But I loves them all!! :D

I think if you have a few brushes for putting on shadow, and a few to blend (just so you can rotate them >.>), it's grand. No need to have fancy expensive ones either. Ecotools and Real Techniques are awesome. An angled brush for defining lash line and doing brows is also a good investment, but then again if you don't fill in brows or use shadows to define instead of eyeliner, there's not much need!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I don't believe you need a whole range of brushes.

As for the sale person asking you about brushes, it's just another way of her trying to sell more items.

I have both expensive and cheap brushes, and more times than not I've used my cheap brushes, they are just as good, but for a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blue.morpho

what about Sigma brushes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

what about Sigma brushes?

I just ordered the Sigma Kabuki brush, my mate has it and says it's very good and was reasonably priced, can't wait to get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I have the Sigma set and find them great - especially the eye ones.

The no 7 ones in boots are good to add to your collection too with the 7.50 vouchers as they are all under a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blue.morpho

i have few sigma brushes, they are ok. love their blending brush :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement