Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on setting up a site using feeds to advertise products....

Options
  • 13-03-2012 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have an idea for a site that I would like to try to see how it goes. Basically, the site would involve pulling in ebay feeds for a particular product, but only pull in used versions of this product.
    I would also like to only pull in ebay ads that would ship to Ireland as well.

From what I can gather, this is possible.

I have the domain bought already, ages ago. My next question would be the best way to build it. I do not have the ability to build sites, but would try and use this as a learning process I reckon...

So, Wordpress is going to be the way....

Would it be best for me to buy a skin for this type of site? If so, any suggestions of ecommerce type skins that work fairly well?

Then, I would imagine I may be looking at bolting on a booking engine, or let ebay handle that? (Need to do some more research here).

I might add to it as I go then. For example, would it be possible to add in feeds or blogs or news posts or tweets from other related product sites, and just have them feeding through mine?

I would also add stuff like Facebook widgets etc....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭zelemon

Try www.irelandsebaydoctor.com he calls to your home & shows you how to sell your stock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Hi,

I don't have any stock. I just want to feed ebay stock through it, and get some commission. I imagine it will be small, but it's more of an experiment if anything...

Advertisement