Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip 5k - 5th May 2012 - 11am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Wind was a bit of a killer in stretches but great race, great spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dowlinj

4 stars (good)
    Great race, fantastic spread. Calorie-wise, we were all winners today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

4 stars (good)
    I was going to do RTE today but headed out to Leixlip instead and I'm so glad I did, super race and some delicious chocolate cake :D and a great battle at the end with another boardsie

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/174862435

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

4 stars (good)
    +1 to the above, super race and a nice fair course. PB for me, finally broke the 19 minute barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

4 stars (good)
    Wonderful race in excellent conditions. If they were all this well organized, we'd be miserable, as we'd have nothing to complain about. Well done guys! Looking forward to next year's cake race already. Congrats to all on a fine set of results too. Many happy faces afterwards.

Now, may the gods of chip-times be with me..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Woddle wrote: »
    I was going to do RTE today but headed out to Leixlip instead and I'm so glad I did, super race and some delicious chocolate cake :D and a great battle at the end with another boardsie

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/174862435

Excellent. 19:51 for you means an easy 19:30 for me. Shame I went training this morning instead. :D

Well done Woddle, cracking running.

4 stars (good)
    Excellent. 19:51 for you means an easy 19:30 for me. Shame I went training this morning instead. :D

Well done Woddle, cracking running.

:D We'll have to have a smackdown soon for bragging rights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Was out spectating was a great one to watch
    tunguska wrote: »
    Wind was a bit of a killer in stretches but great race, great spread.

Great run Eoin, Sub 16 as well ? Race for top 3 was brilliant to watch. Lead guy had a big lead coming onto track. Davey Byrne started kicking to get away from you and when you gave chase you frightened the $hite out of him so he had to kick again, the lead guy was swimming in lactic at this stage and I was convinced he was going to be caught but fair play to him he hung on.
    and a great battle at the end with another boardsie

I thought she had you, did you appreciate my "get the f-ing finger out Dave" comment :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

:D We'll have to have a smackdown soon for bragging rights

Not too far away hopefully. Shame I missed out today, plenty of 5ks coming up though with the Kildare 5k series, I'll get you in one of them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Was out spectating was a great one to watch

Great run Eoin, Sub 16 as well ? Race for top 3 was brilliant to watch. Lead guy had a big lead coming onto track. Davey Byrne started kicking to get away from you and when you gave chase you frightened the $hite out of him so he had to kick again, the lead guy was swimming in lactic at this stage and I was convinced he was going to be caught but fair play to him he hung on.

It was great stuff alright. Davey has a kick like a mule, thats the second time he's skinned me in the last stretch of a race. We left it way too late to chase the leader to be honest, not enough urgency. It was like I was running in 10k mode not 5k. Im not sure if I'll get sub 16 on the official results, I had it at 15:59 when I stopped the watch so it'll be close. Should've been a lot quicker than though. Too much racing lately, time to let the body recover.

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)

I thought she had you, did you appreciate my "get the f-ing finger out Dave" comment :D

I heard sth alright but wasn't sure exactly but I got the intent and thanks for not eating all the chocolate cake, fairly decent of you.
    I thought she had me aswell and she probably would have if when she passed me she put a bit of distance between us but she gave me enough to cling on to. Going to have to watch my back in the next encounter for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

4 stars (good)
    Results are up already!!

http://www.redtagtiming.com/results/LeCheile5km_2012.pdf

4 stars (good)
    Now, may the gods of chip-times be with me..
    Well the Gods didn't look kindly (17:01), but gives me something to chase the next time (and I'll be aiming to be well clear).

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Great race, organisers are great people and very friendly. Was my first ever race last year so was excited to race it again. Knocked 2.30 off my pb and finished in 20.31. Delighted with that. Now to chase the under 20 dream :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Hammer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

The Hammer wrote: »

The child is just standing there in awe!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 3D2S

4 stars (good)
    Wonderful morning in Leixlip, superb spread again. Congrats to all involved, and got pb to boot:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Lock

Great race today, well marshalled with fantastic local support. Really can't fault it.

Delighted with the race. Can't believe I managed to win the thing. First time under 16 minutes and a PB by 45 seconds. I've never won a race before so it felt good to be leading the whole way. Nearly got away from me in the last 200m but just about hung on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Well done to all in LeCheile, looking forward to finishing on the new track next year...fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

6998765140_678718258f_b.jpg

WOW!

Arghhh sooo annoyed I had to give this race a miss ha! I'll definitely be down next year though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bludub

4 stars (good)
    Great Race today. loved the spread after - especially that 5 cake. My 4th race - got 21m25s big improvement, weather great - whats not to be happy about (even a public photo to properly record my pain near the end)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

4 stars (good)
    jb-ski wrote: »
    Love it! Lock's a tall one!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jacquib

Gr8 race 2day, it was my 1st time doin this race. It was well worth doing 4 all the home baking that was on offer afterwards. Weather was a lot better than we've had of late. A bit windy around the 1-2 mile mark but there's not a lot anyone can do about that. Well done 2 LeCheile AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Diesel

Part 1 of 2 sets of images available to view on Flickr;
    Congratulations to all to took part.... next time slow down so I can focus faster... :)
    rgds
    J..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33265232@N08/sets/72157629611821786/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SamAllardyce

4 stars (good)
    Jnealon wrote: »
    Well done to all in LeCheile, looking forward to finishing on the new track next year...fingers crossed

new track??

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Jnealon wrote: »

new track??
    Next year we will be a club with a new 8lane 400m tartan track :) the works is due to start this week. We will move from the current track location to the field beside the tennis courts, and the field that forms part of the approach to the track in current race. Next years race will finish with 6 or 700m on the track - a wonderful participant and spectator finish :)

4 stars (good)
    That's great news and I'll be back to see it. I'm so glad I did this, super race with a fantastic atmosphere, left in great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

lecheile wrote: »
    Next year we will be a club with a new 8lane 400m tartan track :) the works is due to start this week. We will move from the current track location to the field beside the tennis courts, and the field that forms part of the approach to the track in current race. Next years race will finish with 6 or 700m on the track - a wonderful participant and spectator finish :)

Hmmm, if everyone does a lap of the track at the end you should have a prize for the quickest final 400m in the race, shouldn't be too hard to do if you have the finishline mats down anyways :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 SamAllardyce

4 stars (good)
    lecheile wrote: »

wow great to hear excited to race next year so, how long is the completion of the track expected to take??icon10.gif

Advertisement