Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

incorrect demand letter

Options
  • 13-03-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

i got a letter today from eircom saying that my last bill was unpaid, and that I owed €46.62 and that I was being charged €18 for non payment. This is a mistake as I paid the bill in full, which was actually €56, on the 2nd March. I called eircom and was told that the letter was a mistake and to ignore it. I got no kind of apology, by the way. I just want confirmation in writing that I will not be charged this late payment fee, I can PM my account details.

the only reason I am looking for written confirmation is that this is not the first time something like this has happened with my eircom billing. I find the service great, but have had some issues with billing so just want to cover myself and not have to go ringing again if this late payment fee shows up on my next bill, which is what happened before

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

i got a letter today from eircom saying that my last bill was unpaid, and that I owed €46.62 and that I was being charged €18 for non payment. This is a mistake as I paid the bill in full, which was actually €56, on the 2nd March. I called eircom and was told that the letter was a mistake and to ignore it. I got no kind of apology, by the way. I just want confirmation in writing that I will not be charged this late payment fee, I can PM my account details.

the only reason I am looking for written confirmation is that this is not the first time something like this has happened with my eircom billing. I find the service great, but have had some issues with billing so just want to cover myself and not have to go ringing again if this late payment fee shows up on my next bill, which is what happened before

thanks in advance

Hi millivanilli,

I will look into this for you, and get back with a response tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

thanks in advance

Hi millivanilli,

I have checked with our Credit Management department and they have confirmed to me that the invalid payment fee will not apply to your account. There was a credit set up relating to a fault that was left open on our system resulting in the balance being skewed slightly. They have amended that for you so it should be resolved from the next bill onwards. If there are any further queries with the next bill (due to issue ~17th March) then come back to us here and we'll resolve it for you.

Regards

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭millivanilli

thanks Mark

Jill

thanks Mark

Jill

No problem Jill

Regards, Mark

Advertisement