Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mars Bar chocolate sauce

Options
  • 13-03-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

The quickest, most delicious chocolate sauce you can ever make.

Ingredients:
    4 58g Mars Bars
    50 - 100 ml milk (depending on how thick you want it)

Method:

Unwrap and chop Mars Bars into chunks (5 to 6 chunks per bar). Place chunks in a microwave proof dish or bowl. A rounded bottom is best to concentrate the ingredients towards the centre. Add half the milk.

Place in the microwave on full power for one minute. Stir contents and repeat. Gradually reduce the microwaving time as the contents start blending together. You want to end up with a smooth sauce with some unmelted bits of caramel for texture.

If the sauce is too thick then add more milk. If too thin then one or two Mars Bars held in reserve can be added.

Serve hot over scoops of vanilla ice cream.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Sounds yum. Must give it a go. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I prefer making it on the stove over a pot of boiling water and I use cream instead of milk.
    Snickers work a treat too, salty peanutty flavour goes great with vanilla icecream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

Nevore wrote: »
    I prefer making it on the stove over a pot of boiling water and I use cream instead of milk.
    Snickers work a treat too, salty peanutty flavour goes great with vanilla icecream.

That's how I've always done it too - I've seen too many disasters as the chocolate burns in a microwave.

A drop of brandy and/or orange juice towards the end is nice as well.

Perhaps the best bit is the following morning, when you take the bowl with the leftovers out of the fridge, and dunk a crafty finger into the almost solid sauce. Mmmmmmmm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

nompere wrote: »

Perhaps the best bit is the following morning, when you take the bowl with the leftovers out of the fridge, and dunk a crafty finger into the almost solid sauce. Mmmmmmmm!

Leftovers????!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

I do a version of this with toblerone (in a bowl, over boiling water) - add cream slowly until its the consistency you want. Again, a small drop of brandy is nice....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

Leftovers????!!!! ;)

It's worth making too much just so there are leftovers.

Actually, it's worth making much too much!

Advertisement