Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clinical microbiolgy hopes

Options
  • 13-03-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hey..im going to be fin my hons degree in microbiology next year..i didnt do amazing in my leaving cert but i didnt do bad either. i really want to do clinical microbiology and im wondering can i go into medicine with my microbiology degree? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

If you get a minimum of a 2.1 in your primary degree you can apply for Graduate Medicine, this is a 4 year course run in UCD, UCC, RCSI and UL. There is a fair bit of information on them in the individual colleges websites and also in the GAMSAT and GEM forum. You apply through the CAO and sit the GAMSAT.

If you are over 23 you can apply as a mature student, again check with the various colleges. You apply through the CAO as a mature student, sit the HPAT, (for Trinity apply with a separate supplemental application form) and there is an interview.

Once you have a degree you have to pay fees, loans appear to be a bit easier to obtain for the graduate medicine programs.

Advertisement