Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That 4th goal took the piss.

Never been this angry and by god I have seen them play ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Is it a case of Hibs just not turning up or are Malmo playing that well? You could see Malmo were a technically good side, with some good players over the 2 legs vs Drogheda, but I definitely thought Hibs would have had the better of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

im quite happy i didnt bother looking for a stream for that.. doesnt sound like theres football being played at all

markc1184 wrote: »
    Is it a case of Hibs just not turning up or are Malmo playing that well? You could see Malmo were a technically good side, with some good players over the 2 legs vs Drogheda, but I definitely thought Hibs would have had the better of them.

Bit of both but far more Hibs are **** then Malmo technically good.

I'm so pissed off right now. Never been so embarrassed of a side I supported.

Fenlon get his ****ing bollox together.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Fcuks sake, that's dreadful. Really hoped Hibs would progress, but 0-9 over the two legs? Unbelievable.

Simply not good enough, doesn't matter who you are playing.

What do you lads think the problem is? All down to Fenlon? Can you see him staying after that?

He deseves another season. We have to remember where we were when he took over.

But he has some task now to please fans. Top 6 is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭RoryMac

He'll need a very good start to the season if he's to survive I'd imagine, he'll have a job building confidence before the season starts.

I guess the fact I can't win Uefa Cup with Hibs in Football Manager, it's asking bit much for them to win it in real life.

Oh the joys.

RoryMac wrote: »
    He'll need a very good start to the season if he's to survive I'd imagine, he'll have a job building confidence before the season starts.

and the first few fixtures aren't exactly easy games.

I guess the fact I can't win Uefa Cup with Hibs in Football Manager, it's asking bit much for them to win it in real life.

Oh the joys.

out of curiosity can football manager hibs win a domestic trophy??

• Advertisement

With me only league cup.

The only club in FM with realistic mode haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭RoryMac

No, it's a very realistic game! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Hibs defence is shocking. It's all down to the manager and who he brings in.About 4 or 5 League of Ireland sides have way better back lines than Hibs at this stage. For sugars sake Pat himself wouldn't manage a side with as bad a defence if he was back home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Just popped in to say cheers lads, that 12-4 "Largest Aggregate Defeat" was one we didn't want to hold onto!
    ;)

I joined twitter last night just to let a few players know what I thought of them.

Call me what you like. I was one angry man last night after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

well, it never ceases to amaze me how hibs can continue to find new ways to humiliate us, raising the bar each time.

It has been carried across several managers now, and several overhauls of playing staff, so I think the problem is greater than Fenlon. However, he is going to have a huge task to recover any confidence in him whatsoever. I think he will be given the first two games, and if the results arent there , he will be gone.

James McPake also needs to retire from football. He is finished with that injury. It is Fenlon's responsibility to decide if he should play, it is not up to the player to give their word that they are fit.

At least when we got beat in cup final last year we could put blame on red for some of it.

But this was just so embarrassing. I be quite frank when I say a decent pub team would of given Hibs game last.

In the week when one of the clubs biggest legends and gentleman died from this club to go out and produce that type of display everyone of them should publically come out and apologise.

It was humiliation x1000

@shezer

I see your flag on display at Richmond park tonight.:)

Looks class.

strong rumours has it that Fenlon offered to resign and Petrie told him to go home and reconsider.

I hope he is given more time, and decides to stay. But in the 4 biggest games of his tenure (2 SCF and a European tie) we have scored 1 and conceded 17. There is certainly improvement in the mentality of his teams overall, certainly compared to the Calderwood era, but we cannot have another season treading water.

The club has clearly looked at a couple of defenders and has failed to sign them, if we start the season with the current central defence we are humped. McManus would have been excellent and could be played alongside Forster, I dont want to see the bombscares Hanlon and McPake anywhere near the team this year.

Does Fenlon simply not believe it is necessary to link midfield with attack? We have signed two further defensive midfielders in the summer, while the one defensive fielder of our defensive midfielder academy who had an ounce of creativity, Claros, is not coming back. Liam Craig was supposed to be the long-missed attacking midfielder we required, given his success and goals in this role for St Johnstone. It baffles me why Fenlon chose to play him out wide left, where he could not link Thompson and Taiwo's "tidying up" with the forwards. I really hope this was just a once -off ploy, for reasons known only to Fenlon, that backfired and will not be attempted again. Continuously playing players out of position is really testing people's patience. He did the same with Cairney last season, (back when he resembled a footballer and before he became mysteriously obese overnight), and even played him on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Thursday night was a total embarrassment for everyone involved with Hibs,to get a crowd of over 16,000 and then produce that ****e is a total embarrassment.I never thought we would beat Malmo as no matter how you dress it up we are still in pre season but there is no excuse for that shambolic display.As for Fenlon he is now severely under the cosh i honestly think he has taken us forward but if we don't get anything from our first two games i sadly think Fenlon's tenure will come to an end.

https://twitter.com/AdrianKewTour

this is my page if anyone on twitter

Alright lads. What's the name of the hibees pub in Dublin please? There are 4 of us coming up from Cork on Sunday 11th for the Hearts game at 12. Thanks

shezer wrote: »
    Alright lads. What's the name of the hibees pub in Dublin please? There are 4 of us coming up from Cork on Sunday 11th for the Hearts game at 12. Thanks

Murrays Bar, O'Connell St (next to junction with Parnell Street)

expecting numbers to be rather thin this year after that nonsense the other night

Let us know if any of ye have meet up in Cork for a game. Will try and meet up.

Let us know if any of ye have meet up in Cork for a game. Will try and meet up.

We definitely will be during the season.I'll post up here

• Advertisement

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    Murrays Bar, O'Connell St (next to junction with Parnell Street)

expecting numbers to be rather thin this year after that nonsense the other night

Thanks

535701_10151542771753263_848252664_n.jpg

Once we dont get beat by 0-7 or more tomorrow it will be good start to campaign:pac:

ffs.....time for Pat to leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ffs.....time for Pat to leave

Now now, if you keep a manager on for the new season you don't sack him after one game. Especially not a 1 nil defeat to a strong contender for 2nd. Malmo was awful obviously but still, end of October at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

CSF wrote: »
    Now now, if you keep a manager on for the new season you don't sack him after one game. Especially not a 1 nil defeat to a strong contender for 2nd. Malmo was awful obviously but still, end of October at the earliest.

Yeah, Motherwell are the second best team in Scotland. Hardly a sackable offence losing 1-0 against them.

It's a long time coming. Well before the Motherwell game i'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The board clearly evaluated the situation at the end of the season, whether we agree with their decision or not, now is not the time to re-evaluate. He will have been set targets to meet, and after 3 months it will be alot more clear whether they can be met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What bollocks. He kept you up 18 months ago when your team was a mess.

SantryRed wrote: »
    What bollocks. He kept you up 18 months ago when your team was a mess.

When he took over they were 4th last and they finished 2nd last! (2011/2012)

Out of 75 games under Fenlon-27 won 16 draws 32 losses

We were ok today. Draw I felt was fair result so little disappointed.

I want Fenlon to stay till season. If he delivers fine. If not thanks and good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Have to say I was disappointed today,I thought we started well and were moving the ball around nicely,but we were not much of a threat up front and that was disappointing especially at home and first game of the season, just puts more pressure on the game next week.

Thats my biggest worry for the season is where will goals come from?

I concur.How could you start a season without the proper firepower?

I concur.How could you start a season without the proper firepower?

Beats me.

When Motherwell scored today that was it. You just knew we were not going to create another chance.

• Advertisement

Strong talk of Fenlon a gooner if lose next Sunday. Collins could be back.

Will see.

Heard the rumours of an ultimatum. Hearts beaten today 1-0 by St Johnstone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Strong talk of Fenlon a gooner if lose next Sunday. Collins could be back.

Will see.

Cant see that happening tbh. Collins was off in Switzerland doing a coaching course with a friend of mine. Hibs are lacking patience i think

Dempsey wrote: »
    Cant see that happening tbh. Collins was off in Switzerland doing a coaching course with a friend of mine. Hibs are lacking patience i think

He was at the game yesterday anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

He was at the game yesterday anyway.

Do you think he went to the game yesterday to give momentum to getting another manager sacked?

I'm sure Kenny Shiels was as well. I heard rumours about him linked also

I'm sure Kenny Shiels was as well. I heard rumours about him linked also

Thats right he was at game. Saw him on telly with Dean.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Do you think he went to the game yesterday to give momentum to getting another manager sacked?

I doubt it. Dont think its his style. Could have been there for number of reasons.

I want Fenlon to stat, but unless he gets good results in coming games it aint happening.

McCourt is training with Hibs.

Hopefully he is snapped up.

• Advertisement

McCourt is training with Hibs.

Hopefully he is snapped up.

We are crying out for a player like McCourt, dont care if he is only good for 10 mins a game, we need players who can create something out of nothing - particularly if Harris is gonna be out for a while.

Every derby is huge but this one will have massive consequences for each team's seasons I reckon. Bricking it as usual :eek:

Advertisement