Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Cheerybye Fenlon, nice guy but totally out your depth at Hibs. Please leave before you do any further damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have defended him up till last night and felt he deserved time and people had to realise the position we were in before he took over.

But last night has left a bitter taste now. Done himself no favours.

Im still fuming after last night. Very few times would result put me in actual bad form, but im disgusted after last night. Just disgusted.

Gutless and useless. Will we ever change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

i am a fan of Pat Fenlon's and was thrilled when he took over,he steadied the ship after Coco's disastrous reign,but we have not pushed on like we should have in what is a poor league,I thought we would have been far more adventurous in our play than we have been,our home record this year has been abysmal,Sparky has been a huge loss and unfortunately you wont get a half decent striker from Vine,Collins and Caldwell,He has also been in charge of some of the worst results in the clubs history and i take no pleasure in saying it is time for him to move on as i was so proud to see an Irishman put in charge of our great club.

1967 wrote: »
    i am a fan of Pat Fenlon's and was thrilled when he took over,he steadied the ship after Coco's disastrous reign,but we have not pushed on like we should have in what is a poor league,I thought we would have been far more adventurous in our play than we have been,our home record this year has been abysmal,Sparky has been a huge loss and unfortunately you wont get a half decent striker from Vine,Collins and Caldwell,He has also been in charge of some of the worst results in the clubs history and i take no pleasure in saying it is time for him to move on as i was so proud to see an Irishman put in charge of our great club.

I really wanted Fenlon to succeed, and I think the fans have been a lot more patient with him than those before as he is a likeable, honest guy. However, despite being backed by the board and managing to assemble what appears on paper to be one of the stronger squads in recent years, we have managed to consistently surpass ourselves in ritual humiliation on his watch.

His position is unfortunately no longer tenable, and he has presided over too many "last straws" for too many fans. Many people suspected the last two home fixtures, aberdeen and last night, would give an indication of what kind of season we would have and if Fenlon would be given more time. We have failed to score in either, and have been outsmarted by the worst hearts team in living memory twice this season.

There are some decent players at hibs, but they are not a good team and that is down to the manager. The season can be rescued but he needs to exit pronto before its gets anymore poisonous than it is already.

I hear ya 1967.

Personally, I want him to stay till end of season. I think he has to be given that, but I cant blame fans for thinking different at this stage.

Top 6 is a must though. Anything less and he has to go. He has been given chances, chances many a manger would not have got at other clubs.

I'd love to see Fenlon turn it around. I want him too, christ I do, but last night took the biscuit really.

Hearts 5-1 at least we can be partially blamed on sending off and Peno that should never have been given. Not saying we have won of course, but scoreline would not have ended that way.

Cup final in May well it was Celtic we started brightly and maybe should have taken lead, but we still looked bit afraid and while it was hard task I felt we could have done little better all same. At least given Celtic decent game.

Malmo well we all dont want go there.

But last night was a night to make our mark so be it. It was a night to tell Hearts that we are the team in Edinburgh for the short period at least.

We blew it

We were gutless. toothless, lacked any sort of cohesion.

Of all the bad results we have had this irks me as much as any result. A chance to make amends for some of the hard times was in our hands and we have nobody but ourselfs to blame for blowing it into the wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Gael85

Pat Fenlon: Manager leaves Hibernian

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24776959

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Credit to him for stepping down, that is if it is 100% his decision as he is quoted as saying.

Must not have been nice hearing/seeing the fans calling for his head the other night.

Can't say I followed his time at Hibs too closely, but I suppose if they can get someone in now who can turn the clubs fortunes around, there is obviously no better time in Scottish Football than now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Wasnt long ago that I commended Hibs on the way they played against Celtic but this is just one high profile & embarrassing defeat too many for Fenlon. Hibs arent in a bad place really but Fenlon is correct in the assessment that he is the source of most of the criticism. A commendable sacrifice for the greater good of the club.

Interesting to see who will get the job

I wish him well. Sound guy and genuinely cared but its time to go. A lot of frustration from the fans leveled at Fenlon but it was not the personal hostility directed at the two previous managers, just anger and disbelief at being continuously humiliated.

To be honest the other night was a bit of a ridiculous match, and Easter Road cannot be an easy place for hibs to play when we go a goal down. However, the feeling of inevitable calamity is due to recent experience, and no more so than under Fenlon's tenure.

We do not have a bad squad of players, and we can still have a reasonably good season under someone with a coherent strategy for scoring goals. There are rumours of Kenny Sheils taking over until the end of the season with his assistant already in place, I sincerely hope this doesn't materialize

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Wasnt long ago that I commended Hibs on the way they played against Celtic but this is just one high profile & embarrassing defeat too many for Fenlon. Hibs arent in a bad place really but Fenlon is correct in the assessment that he is the source of most of the criticism. A commendable sacrifice for the greater good of the club.

Interesting to see who will get the job

Part of the problem though - its excusable and perhaps prudent to set up like that against celtic but not against motherwell or aberdeen at home, then pass a nil all draw off as progress.

Fair play to Fenlon. I wish he had been at least some bit successful in his time in charge cup wise.

His honesty and professionalism was great today.

He got the club as far as he could.

He will sadly go down for the wrong reasons, but we must not forget he saved us from relegation and for that I am grateful.

I wish he had stayed till May, but in fairness he knew he could only go so far.

Still bit sad, but long term pain for long term gain. Maybe.

Who I want God knows.

Kenny Shiels name will crop up though

John Collins is apparently interested.

if so get him now.

I am supporting Hibs nearly forty years and when PF got the job i was so proud to see a fellow Irishman manage my club,he brought us away from near certain relegation and only for some bad refereeing decisions last season we would have got top six but this is the season i really thought we would kick on in what is a poor league but for whatever reasons we did not and it was right for Pat to depart from Easter Road today.I wish him well in his next job GGTTH

Bring Pat Fenlon Back!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Bring Pat Fenlon Back!!!!!

:D

Jebus. We were awful. It is so important now to take the time and get the right man.

• Advertisement

That was grim - at no point did it look like we were going to score, despite some decent possession.

Thought Scott Robertson was again excellent. Not much else positive to take from that.

Did not see the game,but told we were poor and has already been said nothing going forward all backward and sideways passing and Rowan Vine giving pub league players a bad name

1967 wrote: »
    Did not see the game,but told we were poor and has already been said nothing going forward all backward and sideways passing and Rowan Vine giving pub league players a bad name

We put some okay passing together but no cutting edge, Collins probably had the best chance but it was his first touch and he clearly doesnt have much confidence at the moment. Robertson and Thompson did well but Craig had a stinker and we are probably looking to him at the moment for anything creative.

Vine is just a ludicrous individual

http://www.football.co.uk/hibernian/antonio_tapia_applies_for_hibs_manager_job_rss4473850.shtml
    According to well respected Sky Sports journalist Guillem Balagué, Spanish manager Antonio Tapia has applied to become Hibs manager.
    The 53-year-old is well respected in his homeland, having managed accross most of Spain's divisions.
    He has managed the likes of Poli Ejido and Granada 74, but has also managed some of Spain's bigger club's including Real Betis, Malaga and Tenerife.
    His last job was Tenerife, which he left in 2011, and is currently Director of Sports Advisory back at old club Malaga.
    Hibs are currently looking for a replacement for Pat Fenlon, who resigned from his job on Friday.
    Terry Butcher, Kenny Shiels and Peter Grant are said to be the front runners for the job at this stage.
    You can read more about Tapia here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Tapia

• Advertisement

shezer wrote: »
    Interesting.

It is.

Not been a huge success, but he cant be that bad if he has managed 2 La Liga sides.

Be interesting to see what he would bring.

I be in favour of trying it out.

Terry Butcher is 1/5 with Sky Bet to be new manager.

Maybe it might be him. He has done well.

Terry Butcher is 1/5 with Sky Bet to be new manager.

Maybe it might be him. He has done well.

He's ruled himself out I thought?

Dempsey wrote: »
    He's ruled himself out I thought?

As much as I dont like saying it I think he is better than moving to us. Think he is waiting for Rangers job myself.

No Collins in that betting is little strange.

.....and Terry Butcher has agreed personal terms to be the next Hibs manager. ICT say no contact between the clubs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24809195

Nothing for definite yet both clubs say he has not been approached,personally i can't see Petrie tapping up a manager,could be his agent playing games, but would be happy if we got him and his backroom team.

On Hibs forum few saying Butcher is pretty much new manager.

One lad there would be very reliable.

we will see.

Butcher given permission to talk to Hibs.

Hibs are a bigger club but ICT currently have the better group of players imo

I think we have a decent squad of players,i dont know if there is a certain mindset there that i thought PF had got rid of maybe i am wrong, hopefully Butcher can get the best out of them and if he turns Vine into a striker he should get manager of the decade

In Scottish Cup we got Ross County away

Hearts got Celtic at home.

• Advertisement

Our usual against ICT

Now butcher will realize the extent of the task at hand. Incapable of completing a forward pass, no leadership, no movement and most disturbingly no sense of urgency from any player, accept maybe Robertson. You would think they would be playing for places under the new manager.

We are not a team, just a collection of rudderless players that look like they have been forced to try and form a team against their will.

We have also scored only once in our last 6 games!

I saw this from a poster in a different fourm but it made me chuckle
    After today's shambles (no.326 in the series), I can just imagine the press conference:

ROD PETRIE: I'm pleased to introduce Hibernian FC's new manager, Terry Butcher

TERRY BUTCHER (running out the door): Sorry, there's been some misunderstanding......

I have been thinking that Fenlon is perhaps the only manager out of the last 4 who has left the club in a better state than they found it. Im not so sure after yesterday - truly horrible and insulting to watch.

What happened yesterday was the bottom of the barrel. It just goes to show how bad we actually are. Depressing stuff

I think it Butcher has taken ICT as far as he can tbh. Hibs have massive potential in his hands imo

Garry O'Hagan represented Hibernian at Sunday morning's Remembrance service at the Haymarket Memorial. I'm not sure who the man on his left is, but based on the colour of his scarf he seems to also be connected with Hibs.

TO7A7291.jpg

shezer wrote: »
    What happened yesterday was the bottom of the barrel. It just goes to show how bad we actually are. Depressing stuff

We have scored less goals this season than any other team in Scottish football's four divisions.

Hopefully Butcher can entice McKay down the road during the next window.

We need to spend some money. All players should go through a historical teaching period on the club. The current crop of players don't really play for the crest. Take a look at Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen. There have been times when they had average players who would play out of their skins for their respective clubs. We have lost that edge.

• Advertisement

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131111/terry-butcher_2262950_3533098
    Hibernian FC today confirmed that compensation has been agreed with Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC.
    This means Manager Terry Butcher and Assistant Manager MauriceMalpas now have permission to speak to Hibernian FC to agree personal terms.
    Hibernian FC Chairman Rod Petrie said: "We are grateful to Inverness Caledonian Thistle for the professional and courteous way in which the discussions between the Clubs have been conducted. We now look forward to welcoming the new management team to Easter Road Stadium."

Hibernian FC confirmed that contractual arrangements are being discussed with the individuals today with a view to introducing the new Manager at a media briefing on Tuesday afternoon.

Billy McKay to Hibs in January is surely a dead rubber :pac:

Glad this looks to be finally sorted, was looking like another classic hibs humiliation for a while there.

Butcher and Backpass wouldnt be my ideal choice but being realistic about who would even consider taking the job, we could do a lot worse.

“It’s all just speculation and no-one on the board has mentioned it.

“I brought all these players here so it would be hard for me to leave them. This team don’t know how good we can be, where we can go and what’s there at the end.

“But we have given ourselves a platform to build on and I really enjoy watching us play.

“I can’t look in the future and at this moment in time I’m staying. That’s it. Anything else is all ifs, buts and maybes.”

Agents do their job and....
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC made it clear that, despite speculation to the contrary, no club has contacted them to ask for permission to approach manager Terry Butcher."

_71070914_8980765.jpg

:pac:

Happy we got him think it is a very good appointment by Hibs and now hopefully we will climb the table GGTTH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Great appointment for Hibernian I would think. It has to be admitted he done a superb job up at Inverness. If he does anything like that with Hibernian your lads will be up at the top end of the table before too long.

• Advertisement

Sluggish first half in which we could easily have been a goal down at half time.

But we were the better team in 2nd half. Had about 6-7 corners in space of few minutes and should have done better with couple of those.

Sluggish first half in which we could easily have been a goal down at half time.

But we were the better team in 2nd half. Had about 6-7 corners in space of few minutes and should have done better with couple of those.

Bar the cluster of corners I thought we were shockingly bad. Heavy tackles at the start, surprised we didn't pick up a few cards.

Some good tackles by Thomson.1200 supporters was a good crowd to bring to St Mirren considering the results we've had.

That was encouraging display.

Really should have got a point. But if this is a sign of things to come in improvement then I be delighted.

Really pressed for goal the last 10 minutes.

Sad news about Hearts Under 14 player Jamie Skinner passing away on the pitch this morning.

Im sure I speak for all Hibs fans when I say RIP.

Too young

More sad news.

Hibs u20 player David Paul died in his sleep last night.

RIP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement