Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Looking forward to the Final now, M'on the Hib's.

Don't want to see that bastard Black with a winners medal for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Just booked my flights now Glory Glory To The Hibees,if we beat them it will have been worth the wait since the last one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Eirebear wrote: »

Jesus, good thing you didn't switch those words around :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

1967 wrote: »
    Just booked my flights now Glory Glory To The Hibees,if we beat them it will have been worth the wait since the last one

thinking of going myself.

This is Hibs world cup final at end of day, does not happen often.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »

:D Ah yes, our one common icon of hate!! ;) Are there any jambos on boards.ie?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

As a Bohs fan I'm happy to see Fenlon doing well, good luck in the final

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Sorry The_Kew_Tour, no cyber-pint, that'll go to the Jambo's :D

PauloMN wrote: »
    :D Ah yes, our one common icon of hate!! ;) Are there any jambos on boards.ie?

There's one lad - but i don't think he posts in soccer much.

After the Euphoria of last week, and step closer to Holy Grail, we come back to the small matter of staying in Premier Division this weekend.

Dunfermline take on St Mirren tomorrow at 3pm St Mirren Park, whole Hibs play Kilmarnock at 3pm on Sunday in Easter Road.

Hopefully we get a well earned and due win, and St Mirren at least get point maybe 3 for us tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fenlon .....yay/nay?

imo hes the best irish manager ever, hes a winner out and out winner(nice guy too). reckon he will perform major surgery on hibs in the summer if he keeps them up.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Fenlon .....yay/nay?

imo hes the best irish manager ever, hes a winner out and out winner(nice guy too). reckon he will perform major surgery on hibs in the summer if he keeps them up.

Yay without question.

He has steadied the ship and that is all you could ask for. Plus Cup final. We cant complain with that

I like Fenlon and has been said he has steadied things,he is very astute and knows what is needed at Hibs.On the downside i am going to be struggling for a cup final ticket as it looks like Hibs may not have a public sale.

Going to head over for weekend anyway. The atmosphere alone will be unreal.

Might be able to get ticket from my Uncle. He is sure he has one for himself.

Oh forgot mention Dunfermline got point today.

were 3-1 and 4-2 down so not bad point for them.

Hopefully we can match their result at least tomorrow and give us back that gap. Still not out of woods from relegation just yet. Although win tomorrow and its a cert that we be ok.

The lead over Dunfermline is down to six.

Pity we could not at least get point today.

Home form has been dire this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

I like Fenlon and has been said he has steadied things,he is very astute and knows what is needed at Hibs.On the downside i am going to be struggling for a cup final ticket as it looks like Hibs may not have a public sale.

If you go to games you'll have no problem getting a ticket

Its just i have not been over much the last eighteen months like everybody else here the recession has bit hard,but know what your saying i am hopeful one of my mates in Edinburgh can help me out

Also as an aside nice touch from Pat Fenlon yesterday after the game he went into the Hibs Supporters Club after the game on his own and had a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Good to see Pat doing well over there. Was dealt an almost impossible hand, but somehow managed to get them to a cup final, and almost to safety. Look forward to see how he changes it in summer, and def can see a much stronger Hibs come nxt season

Dunfirmline leading 2-0 makes our game tomorrow now lot bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dunfirmline leading 2-0 makes our game tomorrow now lot bigger.

Poor result for Hibs. Thought they were looking safe a couple of weeks back, but this weekends results have changed that.

Fixtures remaining for both:

Hibs
    Aberdeen v Hibs
    Hibs v Dunfermline
    ICTv Hibs

Dunfermline
    ICT v Dunfermline
    Hibs v Dunfermline
    Dunfermline v Killie

Think the remaining fixtures are better for Hibs, especially as they play Dunfermline at home, so I still reckon Hibs will stay up, but far too close for comfort. Mind you, both teams have been shocking at home this season, so it's hard to know how it will pan out! Must be a strange season for Hibs fans, on one hand a SC final, on the other hand potential relegation. No way Hibs should be in threat of relegation.

Poor result for Hibs. Thought they were looking safe a couple of weeks back, but this weekends results have changed that.

Fixtures remaining for both:

Hibs
    Aberdeen v Hibs
    Hibs v Dunfermline
    ICTv Hibs

Dunfermline
    ICT v Dunfermline
    Hibs v Dunfermline
    Dunfermline v Killie

Think the remaining fixtures are better for Hibs, especially as they play Dunfermline at home, so I still reckon Hibs will stay up, but far too close for comfort. Mind you, both teams have been shocking at home this season, so it's hard to know how it will pan out! Must be a strange season for Hibs fans, on one hand a SC final, on the other hand potential relegation. No way Hibs should be in threat of relegation.

Ya I agree with everything you say.

The fact that Goal difference is superior is bonus, but we really should have got 3 points today.

Wasted some very good chances and even point today and I think we be safe, but still bit of work to do.

Like you say too close for comfort from position few weeks ago in that we looked safe.

Its bit like PL race in way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I did not expect Hibs to be fighting to stay up. My God, there are worse teams out there than Hibs!!

Should of had 6 points from last 2 games.

Totally dominated the Killie game and today wasted 3 very good chances.

6 points now and we be safe.

Making hard work of this.

Looks like the Hibs players thought they could take the foot off the gas a wee bit.
    The Cup Final might be a distraction for the more inflated Ego's in that squad too.

Personally, i can't stand dunfermline - i don't think they add anything to the league, so i'll gladly see them go (Or stay...depends of our own situation i guess!)

I have to admit i am a bit worried,i thought we would pull away from relegation after the split,i am sure the final is playing on some players minds but then Hibs never do things the easy way.Onwards and upwards hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Tense times, couple of mins to go , if hibs win they with be 5 points ahead with much superior goal difference, only a pumping by dunfermline will put them back in with a relegation scenario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

A point from the next game keeps us up next year.

I'm not liking being this close to the bottom with 2 games to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

was looking at the table dunfermline have to win next 2 games, hibs draw with them and they are gone. dunfermline id be happy to see back of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Huge Result for Hibs tonight, it might not be mathematical yet but I think ye are safe. Best of luck in the cup final aswell, should be a cracker.

• Advertisement

.....and breath out!! :D

Should be safe now after today's results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Big win tonight

My wife was saying to me yesterday that it was so strange to hear a Dublin accent on STV news and it definitely was!

Blackjack wrote: »
    A point from the next game keeps us up next year.

I'm not liking being this close to the bottom with 2 games to go.

Yes not over just yet, but point will be good enough. Although we might have been better off playing them away with the home form we have shown this season.

Not sure what you could call tonights game, but its the biggest one of the season so far.

Will take point right now, just to be safe going into the last day.

Heading to game tonight and really looking forward to it.

C'Mon the HIBEES!!!!!

Please God they go out and do the business and also relegate Jambo Jim at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Bump.

Great to see Doyle score

Bye bye Dunfermline. Congrats Hibs and Pat Fenlon on staying up.

Must do better in the league next season though. Hibs should not be in relegation danger.

Do you guys think Pat Fenlon will do major surgery during the summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Well that's that sorted then, thankfully. Onwards to the cup final and next season for hopefully better things....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Happy to read on twitter that Doyle scored for them!

• Advertisement

15.000 attendance, highest attendance at Hibs all season.

Surely the fact that those who went would have a bigger chance for the cup final wouldn't have anything to do with that ? :pac:

Also, how the hell did that goal get given ?

Just in door and with little sleep in a busy working day, but was worth it for very good performance.

From being at the game even though we did not seem to control the gamec we were much better with our passing and clinical in final third. Some quality performances last night and you have to wonder how the hell we have not won more games at home on that evidence.

Mcpake had a brilliant game I thought, and was good to see Doyle get his first league goal.

The atmosphere was the best I have been to at Easter road in long time. I suppose it was mini cup final in way and also the Hearts game is just arund the corner and there is real buzz in city

Do you guys think Pat Fenlon will do major surgery during the summer?

I think he will. Its hard to know if we hang onto the loan players. Much will depend I think on if we win the cup and the extra incentive to stay that maybe club is going in right direction.

No question though that we will need to purchase few players. The problem will be can we hang onto Mcpake on loan from Coventry and few others that may be looking at moves to England etc.

I think Fenlon will look to buy few more LOI players in summer too.
    Jelle1880 wrote: »
    15.000 attendance, highest attendance at Hibs all season.

Surely the fact that those who went would have a bigger chance for the cup final wouldn't have anything to do with that ? :pac:

Also, how the hell did that goal get given ?

Few people made the extra effort alright to make it:pac:

Which goal are you talking about? The first? It seemed harsh peno if thats the one, although few people got texts from friends saying it was, but they may been biased.;)

The 4th goal :)

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The 4th goal :)

Jesus its funny what you miss when your at game.:pac::pac:.

from where we were we could not tell, but looked over.....and then just see replay.

Thankfully game was over by then, but ya shocking decision after all.

Got cup final tickets this morning happy days roll on the 19th cant wait.

Delighted for you.

Hoping to go myself.

Going to head over I say even without ticket. I have wedding the day before in England so have make arrangement's over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Pleased for you mate hope you see a Hibs win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Great job by Pat & Hibs on staying up in style with that win. Love to see them win the cup too.
    That 19th will be some day..Cup final at 3, Heineken cup final at 5, CL final at 7.45!!
    A Hibs, Leinster, Bayern treble please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Good luck to you. I hope you guys win. It would be pretty poetic to see you end your cup hoodoo against the enemy.

Fenlon has brought Hibs over to Dublin for a few days to get them away from the build up for Saturday,one of my mates was at the training session this morning really enjoyed it and got a pic and a chat with Pat Fenlon nad Liam O Brien,I cant wait for Saturday it will either be the greatest day or biggest nightmare of my life

Fenlon has brought Hibs over to Dublin for a few days to get them away from the build up for Saturday,one of my mates was at the training session this morning really enjoyed it and got a pic and a chat with Pat Fenlon nad Liam O Brien,I cant wait for Saturday it will either be the greatest day or biggest nightmare of my life

Heard they were over in Dublin, where are they training?

• Advertisement
Advertisement