Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was there really a lot of violence? Because it sounded like the Sky commentators got carried away.

'The final has been tarnished these scenes'

'It will be remembered for the violence rather than what happened on the pitch.'

And yet the viewers couldn't really make out anything and afterwards they played down the reports of unrest. So either the commentators got a bit hysterical, or the cameras just hid what happened.

Anyway, it was a cracking final and I'm happy for Hibs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

They said it resembled World War 1 FFS, that is Tanner and Walker totally going over the top

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Was there really a lot of violence? Because it sounded like the Sky commentators got carried away.

'The final has been tarnished these scenes'

'It will be remembered for the violence rather than what happened on the pitch.'

And yet the viewers couldn't really make out anything and afterwards they played down the reports of unrest. So either the commentators got a bit hysterical, or the cameras just hid what happened.

Anyway, it was a cracking final and I'm happy for Hibs.

A few punches thrown, it was not good to see but it wasn't like 1980 (which I did actually hear was being used to describe it, ridiculous).

Later tonight in town will be another matter I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Well done Hibernian! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

What a night it would be in Robbies on Leith Walk tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well done Hibs. A long time waiting. Don't know what it is about Sunshine on Leith. Always gets me right in the feels. A great melancholia to it.

This French commentator sounded excited that Hibs got the winner

https://mobile.twitter.com/lequipe21/status/734049251987193856/video/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yesterday was beautiful.

What a game of football. We had the bigger heart and were the better team.

On the crowd trouble. Hibs started it and are at fault. It's was a disgrace. No ifs or buts.

But **** me blind if you think it ruined my day.

What a moment seeing us win the Cup

Hibs Scottish Cup Champions 2016!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

That was a proper cup final. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Yesterday was the day that every hibee thought we would never see,when the final whistle went I just stood not being able to comprehend what happened,then I cried and so did others around me,when Sunsine on Leith started up I was a blubbering mess,yesterday was what makes getting up at three in the morning to head to Dublin to catch an early flight to Edinburgh to watch Hibs play,as for the scenes at the end it was pure emotion of people caught in the moment,what was the Rangers fans excuse for going on,will Rangers condemn the sectarian chants,the flares going off course not.Will they condone the hospitality fans in the upper North stand above me throwing food and drink on top of Hibs fans when they went ahead of course not,I totally condone the actions of Hibs fans who allegedly struck players and coaching staff but in this age of video and camera footage I have seen no evidence yet but as I say if its proven then ban and jail them,did any of it affect my day not a jot as all I can say is Hibernian Football Club Scottish Cup Holders 2016 how sweet is that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

1967 wrote: »
    Yesterday was the day that every hibee thought we would never see,when the final whistle went I just stood not being able to comprehend what happened,then I cried and so did others around me,when Sunsine on Leith started up I was a blubbering mess,yesterday was what makes getting up at three in the morning to head to Dublin to catch an early flight to Edinburgh to watch Hibs play,as for the scenes at the end it was pure emotion of people caught in the moment,what was the Rangers fans excuse for going on,will Rangers condemn the sectarian chants,the flares going off course not.Will they condone the hospitality fans in the upper North stand above me throwing food and drink on top of Hibs fans when they went ahead of course not,I totally condone the actions of Hibs fans who allegedly struck players and coaching staff but in this age of video and camera footage I have seen no evidence yet but as I say if its proven then ban and jail them,did any of it affect my day not a jot as all I can say is Hibernian Football Club Scottish Cup Holders 2016 how sweet is that

All the media is full of it, plenty of evidence about.

But it makes sense it wouldn't ruin your day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Lads, well done yesterday. Completely deserved.

Ive enjoyed our rivalry with Hibs this season, the relative lack of needle and the professionalism from both managers has been a breath of fresh air.
    I look forward to seeing yous back up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Just wanted to say nice touch from Kenny Miller who went into the Hibs dressing room and congratulated each player individually well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

How do yez feel about Neil Lennon?

Seems like a really impressive coup for Hibs. Obviously his success at Celtic was helped by Rangers' implosion but his European record is quite impressive, definitely a bonus after the cup win. His spell at Bolton wasn't great but just look at all that was going on behind the scenes. At least it's someone who knows Scottish football and I reckon he'll be able to rally the players together after the last two close calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

How do yez feel about Neil Lennon?

Seems like a really impressive coup for Hibs. Obviously his success at Celtic was helped by Rangers' implosion but his European record is quite impressive, definitely a bonus after the cup win. His spell at Bolton wasn't great but just look at all that was going on behind the scenes. At least it's someone who knows Scottish football and I reckon he'll be able to rally the players together after the last two close calls.

Certainly looks like a good appointment on the face of it. Hopefully it goes well for Lennon and he can get Hibernian back into the top flight next season.

• Advertisement

#JustHibsit

Going for 2 in a row.

Lovely performance tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Learning to trust hibs again but still wasnt confident until the third went in. Great performance and result GGTTH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Well done to Lenny and the Hibs.

He's a good manager is Neil Lennon, it's no surprise to me that Hibernian are doing well under him. Hopefully he'll get them promoted and pump rangers out at the semi final stage setting up a Celtic v Hibs final at Hampden.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/scotland/39066748

The Hibs fans do a great rendition of Sunshine on Leith

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Well done to Lenny and the Hibs.

He's a good manager is Neil Lennon, it's no surprise to me that Hibernian are doing well under him. Hopefully he'll get them promoted and pump rangers out at the semi final stage setting up a Celtic v Hibs final at Hampden.

I would be all on for that on both counts. It will be good to have Hibernian back in the top flight if they can finish the job in the league and great way to finish the season with a Celtic v Hibernian cup final.

• Advertisement

League and Cup winners sounds lovely ;)

Here we go, 2 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Hi Lads

I'll be in Glasgow on Semi finals weekend. I've never been to a Scottish football game. Would anybody be able to help me get a ticket to be in with Hibs fans ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Hi Lads

I'll be in Glasgow on Semi finals weekend. I've never been to a Scottish football game. Would anybody be able to help me get a ticket to be in with Hibs fans ?

These should go on general sale.
    Set up an account
    https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx

Champions!

Well done to Lenny and his team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Congrats guys.
    Well done to Lenny and his team. Look forward to seeing you in the top flight next season.... We clearly need some sort of competition up here.

Congrats to Lenny and Hibernian. Good to have your lads back in the top flight. The league will be the better for it.

21st May 2016

Hibs win the Scottish Cup

Happy First Year anniversary!!

Ram your 1902!!:P

Lenny brings his newly promoted Hibs side to Ibrox today. They don't like him much there. Lenny will thrive on that.

It would be wonderful if his side gets a win.

• Advertisement

Nice 1. They'll be singing Sunshine on Leith today

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

Lenny brings his newly promoted Hibs side to Ibrox today. They don't like him much there. Lenny will thrive on that.

It would be wonderful if his side gets a win.

I think it is fair to say Lenny got the last laugh this weekend. Good for him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHGKGbMXcAAHbRg.jpg

Rangers fans have made complaints to Police and they are looking into charging Lennon.

Ah poor Rangers fans boo boo. We can be nasty but you can't syndrome

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05cdkn7

Bit of common sense here from BBC Radio Scotland Sportsound Podcast.

Spiers in particular very accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Spiers in particular very accurate

If anything they showed restraint when talking about the "context" in which Lennon operates.

The fact he was sent explosives by members of that support didn't even make the rap sheet

He has a duty as a manager to be professional and he has to expect it, but the level of abuse on Saturday was out of this world. Some of the comments and abuse he got I would only wish on Hitler

• Advertisement

He has a duty as a manager to be professional and he has to expect it, but the level of abuse on Saturday was out of this world. Some of the comments and abuse he got I would only wish on Hitler

I would throw in Cromwell as well:)
    But seriously considering what he has to put up with the strength of character Lenny shows is remarkable as well as restraint to not over react to the vile abuse he got on Saturday.

eire4 wrote: »
    I would throw in Cromwell as well:)
    But seriously considering what he has to put up with the strength of character Lenny shows is remarkable as well as restraint to not over react to the vile abuse he got on Saturday.

He was funny on TV3 tonight about it, as was Graeme Souness.

https://twitter.com/DubGael/status/897572209027416064

He was funny on TV3 tonight about it, as was Graeme Souness.

https://twitter.com/DubGael/status/897572209027416064

I have been lucky enough to have met Lenny a few times and spend some time in his company and I can tell you he is as friendly a person as you could possible meet and no airs and graces at all about him very down to earth.

Ram your 1902

GGTTH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

That was an enjoyable game to watch.
    Ye were full value for the win and should have won by more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Good luck today against the hearts decent opening twenty min for the neutral

• Advertisement

A sitter for Boyle earlier and he fluffs it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Some miss from naismith too

What a save from Marciano

Well what are Hibs fans thoughts in last few weeks. 2 excellent results v Rangers and Aberdeen.

Overall are ye happy?

I personally am very pleased although be nice still to have Cup to win, but won't complain too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Long time no post lads! :pac: Would anyone know anywhere showing Thursdays game in Dublin?

The brother is over for the week and it would be grand excuse for a wee lads night out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement