Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Long time no post lads! :pac: Would anyone know anywhere showing Thursdays game in Dublin?

The brother is over for the week and it would be grand excuse for a wee lads night out!

O'Neills on suffolk street usually put on hibs games, worth checking with them first - not sure they have premier sports. Murrays as well although not gonna bother with them anymore after the way they punted out shamrock rovers and celtic fans before the england game the other week.

Watched the game in the faroes Thursday last in Doyles, who def have premier sports.

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    O'Neills on suffolk street usually put on hibs games, worth checking with them first - not sure they have premier sports. Murrays as well although not gonna bother with them anymore after the way they punted out shamrock rovers and celtic fans before the england game the other week.

Watched the game in the faroes Thursday last in Doyles, who def have premier sports.

Actually, the above perhaps only applies to the away leg next Thursday, which is being shown by Premier Sports. As far as I can see, the home leg tomorrow is only being shown on HibsTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nice hammering to dish out yesterday.

Hibs are top of the calendar year season too just saying.

Great to see this club back to a standard it should at least be at. Hopefully it just gets better from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭crushproof

Top of the league blown open with Rangers beating Hearts today.

After the emphatic victory yesterday Lennon and the lads really have to crack on and get positive results in their next two games - Celtic and the local derby which could be a top of the table clash. Who would have thought that at the start of the season!

Lennon as done brilliantly in regards to replacing McGinn etc. Some shrewd acquisitions including our boy Horgan.

Big fixtures coming up now but its very encouraging, introduction of Milligan seems to have been critical in tightening up the defense, Efe Ambrose has been immense as well. Look forward to McLaren being fit again but we are spreading the goals around more than last season, Mallan has 9 so far from midfield. good times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I watched Hearts vs Hibs which ended 0-0 but was most notable for two off-field incidents.

Neil Lennon had a coin thrown at him after taunting Hearts fans, while earlier in the game the Hearts keeper went down claiming he was struck by a fan. I can't see much contact on the keeper from the replay though.

I'm sure there will be a fair bit of fallout from this.

https://twitter.com/Maccer1988/status/1057748101954502657

https://twitter.com/gibbogibby1/status/1057748907193700352

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Who is Brian Mc? There's never an excuse for a fan to throw a coin or anything else at a player or manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Hearts should face serious repercussions for that. That's twice now Lennon as manager has been injured by the crowd at Tyncastle.

A linesman got hit by a coin a few weeks back by a Rangers fan, while they've had numerous issues with pitch invaders, riots and general behaviour of their supporters.

Celtic too had the recent issue with the pitch invader v PSG last season, as well as regular fines for use of pyro.

The Scottish authorities are going to have to take some real action soon. If Neil Lennon can't do his job at Tyncastle without being assaulted, Hearts should have to play home games behind closed doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Hearts should face serious repercussions for that. That's twice now Lennon as manager has been injured by the crowd at Tyncastle.

A linesman got hit by a coin a few weeks back by a Rangers fan, while they've had numerous issues with pitch invaders, riots and general behaviour of their supporters.

Celtic too had the recent issue with the pitch invader v PSG last season, as well as regular fines for use of pyro.

The Scottish authorities are going to have to take some real action soon. If Neil Lennon can't do his job at Tyncastle without being assaulted, Hearts should have to play home games behind closed doors.

Yet nothing about the hearts keeper being punched by a Hibs fan. No matter who done it they should face jail time and be banned love how you think Celtic fans have done nothing other than PSG or pyro though :rolleyes:

Yet nothing about the hearts keeper being punched by a Hibs fan. No matter who done it they should face jail time and be banned love how you think Celtic fans have done nothing other than PSG or pyro though :rolleyes:

I'm talking about recent incidents involving the crowd and players/managers, off the top of my head. If you want that to evolve in to a Celtic v Rangers debate then take it to a Celtic or Rangers thread.

I see also two assistant referees hit by objects from the crowd as well as the above mentioned assault on a hearts player by Hibs fans. The authorities need to start forcing clubs to play games begin closed doors.

Im referring to all clubs there btw, before anyone gets their orange sash in a twist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Lennon's fall was absolutely hilarious. If an opposition player had hit the deck like that he'd be reciting about how he wouldn't have done that in his day etc. Scumbag who threw it of course, although Lennon winding the crowd up at the end does himself no favours either.

Corholio wrote: »
    Lennon's fall was absolutely hilarious. If an opposition player had hit the deck like that he'd be reciting about how he wouldn't have done that in his day etc. Scumbag who threw it of course, although Lennon winding the crowd up at the end does himself no favours either.

You would think at this stage that Lennon would have matured enough to know not to interact with the home crowd. Obviously his behaviour doesn't excuse the coin throwing, but for his own sake he should be more composed

I'm talking about recent incidents involving the crowd and players/managers, off the top of my head. If you want that to evolve in to a Celtic v Rangers debate then take it to a Celtic or Rangers thread.

I see also two assistant referees hit by objects from the crowd as well as the above mentioned assault on a hearts player by Hibs fans. The authorities need to start forcing clubs to play games begin closed doors.

Im referring to all clubs there btw, before anyone gets their orange sash in a twist

Orange sash bit out of order there are you not or do you just like gearlisations that are wrong

You had no need to bring other clubs into it this was all hearts and Hibs

You had no need to bring other clubs into it this was all hearts and Hibs

My point was that there's a wider issue with the supporters of clubs in Scottish football, that there seems to be a disproportionate number of incidents involving Scottish clubs relative to say EPL clubs.

I can't recall the last time a manager was attacked at an EPL ground, or hit by a coin.

I don't recall any linesmen being hit recently in the EPL either. There's been 3 in the last four weeks in Scotland.

I don't recall many instances of fans attacking players on the pitch in the EPL of late, nor full scale pitch invasions and counter riots following a cup final.

Clubs need to face serious repercussions for this sort of behaviour. Measures like playing games behind closed doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Lennon was called all sorts of vile stuff from the crowd behind him all game, injury time winner from Hearts gets chalked off by the ref and Lennon motions to the crowd to sit back down... next he is hit with a coin and some reckon he brought it on himself. This is the same gound were he was assaulted by a Hearts fan whilst in his technical area. It is clear Hearts cannot control their own fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

You would think at this stage that Lennon would have matured enough to know not to interact with the home crowd. Obviously his behaviour doesn't excuse the coin throwing, but for his own sake he should be more composed
    Why does Lennon feel the need to do it? Yes, he'd have been delighted to have seen the goal chalked off; any manager would. But I can't think of many who would basically taunt the opposition fans for celebrating that "goal". Just keep your head down and do your job, forget winding up people. As has been said though, that doesn't excuse the pondlife who threw the coin.

Lennon was called all sorts of vile stuff from the crowd behind him all game, injury time winner from Hearts gets chalked off by the ref and Lennon motions to the crowd to sit back down... next he is hit with a coin and some reckon he brought it on himself. This is the same gound were he was assaulted by a Hearts fan whilst in his technical area. It is clear Hearts cannot control their own fans

Yep. Some on here haven’t a clue. If Lennon was black would the Hearts fans be allowed to rain down all sorts of sectarian/racial abuse on him. He gestures back to them to calm down in a relatively good humored manner and gets a coin thrown at him. Hibs fan that appeared to attack the Hearts goalie should be in big trouble as well. At Tynecastle though this has happened before. Stadium should be shut for a period with games behind closed doors.

Corholio wrote: »
    Lennon was subjected to the sort of abuse that wouldn’t happen at an English ground these days. He goes down when it got physical because the violence against him at that ground was physical before. Lennon stands up for himself in the absence of the Scottish Football Authorities doing their job. Tynecastle should be shut with Hearts forced to play games behind closed doors for a spell. It wouldn’t be tolerated in England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Was Lennon struck in the chest with the coin and then he goes down holding his face?

Is not calling Lennon all sorts of names and giving him finger gestures not enough?

Why does anyone in that situation deserve a coin thrown at him?

Was Lennon trying get a rise? 100%

But he did not throw coins or hurt fans himself.

Hopefully the 2 Hearts and Hibs fans are given long bans

Esse85 wrote: »
    Was Lennon struck in the chest with the coin and then he goes down holding his face?

Hard to tell from the footage. It may have grazed his cheek first before hitting his chest. He went down to protect himself he’s been physically attacked at that ground before and very little was done about it. Last night the coin thrown at him from that distance could have taken his eye out. Why are they waiting for something serious to happen at a football ground in Scotland before they take appropriate action. Hearts should be facing a stadium ban this morning.

Is not calling Lennon all sorts of names and giving him finger gestures not enough?

I agree but that’s not enough. Hearts should be forced to play games behind closed doors. Maybe then what you saw last night will stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Anyone starting the "he brings it on himself" chat needs to have a look at themselves, taunting opposition fans doesn't mean he deserves to have things thrown at him FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Not a Hibs fan but from the outside it looks like Lennon has done a great job -nice position in league and playing good football-Hearts fans are difficult putting it midly

• Advertisement

Anyone starting the "he brings it on himself" chat needs to have a look at themselves, taunting opposition fans doesn't mean he deserves to have things thrown at him FFS.
    Yes. It’s that sort of chat that has allowed the football authorities and other powers that be in Scotland off the hook in relation to their responsibilities. The usual pathetic and inadequate response from them means that behavior from supporters last night at Tynecastle continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

100% scummy behaviour but what annoys me and I see this at football all the time, fans will abuse and taunt (some sickening at times) a person all game be it a manager or player and when said Manager or player gives it back the fans lose their **** and behave like idiots. Grow up like, if going to give then take it or give the two fingers and call him a fat bastard like everyone else.

Zico ! wrote: »
    Not a Hibs fan but from the outside it looks like Lennon has done a great job -nice position in league and playing good football-Hearts fans are difficult putting it midly

Ya so far so good really. Actually very good to watch and in nice position, but club like Hibs really should be in Top 5 most seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Stevie Mallan...good stuff. Taking paintwork off the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Ya so far so good really. Actually very good to watch and in nice position, but club like Hibs really should be in Top 5 most seasons.

Not that I'd wish him to leave you, but when you see some of the managers in the English Championship he'd do a good job for most teams in that league. When Lambert continually gets employed, you have to think Lennon is considerably better than him, wonder if he'll have another crack at it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

See few Hearts fans want Lennon Hanged now.

Different breed those boys

See few Hearts fans want Lennon Hanged now.

Different breed those boys

predictable outcome on Wednesday, we always get sucked in to a physical battle at tynecastle that we hardly ever win. Looked like we were in the ascendancy until the farcical sending off of Kamberi.

The hatred of Lennon by elements of the the rangers and hearts supports is extreme. playing celtic twice and hibs within the week seems to have brought out the vocal/visible far right loyalist minority among hearts fans. Look forward to playing them at ER in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Nice gesture of support from the Celtic support at this weekends game singing in praise of Lenny while tearing them apart on the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

Hi. I plan to be in Edinburgh on the day of the Hibs v Celtic game in December. I tried to buy a ticket on the Hibs website but it won't let me because I haven't ordered a ticket from them before and it's a Category 1 game. Any advice on how I can get around this would be appreciated. Are there likely to be tickets on sale around the stadium on match-day? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

A P wrote: »
    Hi. I plan to be in Edinburgh on the day of the Hibs v Celtic game in December. I tried to buy a ticket on the Hibs website but it won't let me because I haven't ordered a ticket from them before and it's a Category 1 game. Any advice on how I can get around this would be appreciated. Are there likely to be tickets on sale around the stadium on match-day? Cheers

Could you try booking them over the telephone? sometimes its better to speak to them and explain the situation

"Call 0844 844 1875 option 1. Please note a booking fee of £1.50 per ticket by telephone only, applicable to adults and concessions will be charged. No booking fees for booking online

*Calls cost 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge"

Thanks. I emailed the Hibs ticket office and explained the situation but the reply was that they have strict criteria for the Category 1 matches and I can't buy a ticket since I haven't purchased a ticket in the last 12 months. I might try giving them a call to see if there's any leeway. Cheers

Boom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

A P wrote: »
    Any joy?

Made it! Great performance - really enjoyed it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well done on that performance, Hibs bossed it from start to finish really and two great goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Always rated Neil Lennon.

Best Hibs performance all season. Still in 8th!! With game in hand over few teams though

That spell without a win might prove costly in the end. Still couple of wins in a row has eases the fears a little but still tricky run to come.

Our performances v Rangers and Celtic for some reason have been excellent last 12 years or so compared to rest of clubs. It's our performances v crap teams that kill us

Lucky to get a point but against them I don't mind.

We were 2nd best lucky to get a draw

Scott Allan is back, happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Scott Allan is back, happy days

I wonder will there be any move to make it a loan deal as well for the rest of this season.

I hope so. Would love him to get going Asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lennon officially binned.

Decent point after defeat last week in cup. Good start to new man at helm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Much better in 2nd half. Really poor 1st half and could have been 3 nil down by half-time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭crushproof

Cracking game today at Tynecastle, well overdue a win there and delighted to see Daryl Horgan immortalise himself among the Hibbies! Sets up a briliant few weeks for the final round of games.

Advertisement