Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Dempsey wrote: »
    What do ya think of Deegan?

That's a super signing, was known as the bulldog at Bohs apparently. Very hard worker, likes to get stuck in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Dundee are outplaying Hibs all over the pitch right now. That Mackay-Stevens lad is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Oh Dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Gutted!

I'm not hugely inspired that the signing of Deegan will make much difference either. Big work horses are ok but I'm not sure he'll be up to SPL standards otherwise.

Things will get better for the players already signed but probably not before the derby next weekend. The team needs more up front too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

I dont think I can remember the hibs support dreading a match as much as sunday's derby. I no longer underestimate our capacity to disappoint, but we were scarily bad last week, completely rudderless.

Deegan looks like the kind of player we need in midfield but also looks like the kind of player who will be sent off on his debut.

• Advertisement

Signed Alan Maybury too.

I was optimistic during the summer(if that was possible) but after last week this could be another 11/12 season.

Signed Alan Maybury too.

I was optimistic during the summer(if that was possible) but after last week this could be another 11/12 season.

Not keen on Maybury but least it might allow McPake and Hanlon to settle as centre backs and our defenders can play in their natural positions. For the last minute or so of the united game we had a truly terrifying pairing in central defense of Sean O'Hanlon and David Stephens.

I am absolutely bricking it about this season. I dont think we will go down but it will be long and joyless with plenty opportunities to further humiliate ourselves.

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    Not keen on Maybury but least it might allow McPake and Hanlon to settle as centre backs and our defenders can play in their natural positions. For the last minute or so of the united game we had a truly terrifying pairing in central defense of Sean O'Hanlon and David Stephens.

I am absolutely bricking it about this season. I dont think we will go down but it will be long and joyless with plenty opportunities to further humiliate ourselves.

It will take some time to heal the wounds of certain result in May.

Cup would help. League Cup I guess cause we will never win the other flipping one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

It will take some time to heal the wounds of certain result in May.

No doubt and having the first derby of this season so early unfortunately is not likely to help matters if the opeing weekends joke of a performance is anything to go by. Hope I am wrong and you can at least get a resut this weekend but I don't see it happening sadly.

I hope Fenlon let the team see the hearts fans artwork on the main gates to the stadium yesterday. There needs to be some anger and fight tomorrow instead of bottling it in the tunnel which seems to be customary against them.

One of the first things Fenlon clocked when he came to us was our whole defeatist mentality against them, from the players and fans alike. I know doommerchants like myself dont help the situation but we need to start beating them at home.

Anyway there is always a small part of me that believes we can sneak it so im predicting 2-1 hibs and I believe Ivan Sproule will be on the scoresheet. There will be a few hibees watching the match in Murray's on O'Connell Street in Dublin tomorrow if anyone is in town.

• Advertisement

There will be a few hibees watching the match in Murray's on O'Connell Street in Dublin tomorrow if anyone is in town.

Im off work for next few weeks so I wont be around as back home, but when Hibs are on TV again when im in Dublin I will try to go to one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

We were an embarrassment last week,we badly need a striker but no sign of one yet,have to say its Doyle I would have upfront with Griffiths outwide supporting not the other way around,if Deegan can reproduce the form he showed for Bohs then we are in for a treat.After the disaster in May,Petrie should have had the cheque book out and told Fenlon to build his team but oh no we are a bloody embarrassment,team needs major investment and strengthening but nothing been done about it.

Lets hope we keep score down. I hate been so pessimistic about this.

Nice to see Hearts banners showing what type of fans support that miserable shower.

Massive improvement today on last week,Griffiths was always up for it and looked lively,Deegan had a great debut and was a tank in midfield never let jambos dominate,also thought besides the goal Maybury had an excellent game and gave a better balance to the team,still light upfront but with Shefki Kuqi at the game he may be the striker we are looking for even if he is 35 but vastly experienced

1967 wrote: »
    Massive improvement today on last week,Griffiths was always up for it and looked lively,Deegan had a great debut and was a tank in midfield never let jambos dominate,also thought besides the goal Maybury had an excellent game and gave a better balance to the team,still light upfront but with Shefki Kuqi at the game he may be the striker we are looking for even if he is 35 but vastly experienced

Have to say I was surprised today. Know we were at home, but I felt we were better side.

If we play like that all season I be really happy. Do need to buy couple more players though.

Have to say I was surprised today. Know we were at home, but I felt we were better side.

If we play like that all season I be really happy. Do need to buy couple more players though.

I would agree with that. I was pleasantly surprised with how well Hibernian played today. Not a lot of chances at either end overall but definitely Hibernian the more dangerous side with Griffiths by far the most threatening player. A missed chance to win really I felt but I suppose given how badly recent derby's have gone for Hibernian 1-1 today was a solid showing.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! We Won, We actually won a game!!!!

Bring on Barcaelona!!!!

On serious note. Good win today.

Griffiths is going to be such a key for your lads this season. If he can keep his head together and stay injury free he will score a lot of goals for you.

eire4 wrote: »
    Griffiths is going to be such a key for your lads this season. If he can keep his head together and stay injury free he will score a lot of goals for you.

He reminds bit of Gary O Connor. He has great potential, hopefully he shows it this season. He is good enough to be at bigger club if he cops on.

Want him to remain of course.

It looks like we actually have some physical presence in the middle of the park now - Deegan and Cairney look to be exactly what we have been missing for some time.

Strange how much of a difference a couple of decent performances make - I was terrified after the united game but I am now looking forward to our next match.

• Advertisement

Deegan has definitely made a difference the last two games,we have not had somebody like him since Matty Jack,good to see things starting to turn for Pat Fenlon another couple of astute signings and we could challenge top four the spine of the team has changed so much in eight months with Williams,McPake,Deegan,Cairney,Griffiths & Kuqi and the experience of Maybury.

2 in a row!!!!

wooo hoooooooooooo!!!:D

:DOnly got the result so not sure about how we played, but decent 7 points from 9 now.

Joint top of the league!

Managed to watch it online with one of the least animated spanish commentators ive ever heard. How many spaniards want to watch Hibs v St Johnstone on a saturday afternoon?

We were on the ropes a little bit in the first half, but got some breaks and a goal and totally asserted ourselves in the second. Claros and Deegan were again very solid, Doyle had a decent game too and deserved his goal. We look to have a very dependable keeper in Ben Williams.

There is a bit of steel to this team which we have not had for many years.

Looking forward to the top of the table clash on saturday :D

Looking forward to the top of the table clash on saturday :D

The new OF game:D

Lets hope we can keep it going as Camac said not great in the first half but far more imposing in the second half,onwards and upwards nice to see Doyle open his account for the season.Fenlon looking to strengthen midfield as we have little cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Am looking forward to playing you lot tomorrow, always like our games. What players of yours should I be looking out for?

Am looking forward to playing you lot tomorrow, always like our games. What players of yours should I be looking out for?

McPake was terrific for us when he came in last season and was only guy who could hold his head up from Cup Final.

Deegan and Doyle are 2 others that are impressing. Griffiths looks to be letting his football do talking these days also.

Not expecting much return tomorrow. 2/3-0 to yourselfs.

I was looking forward to tomorrow's game and sneaking a result but im not sure how the players will react to our latest embarrassment on tuesday night. We are better against celtic at parkhead than we are at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

For some reason you do always seem better at CP rather than Easter Rd. Hope its a good one anyway with a nice home win

• Advertisement

ya Tuesday night was disaster.

Looking forward to todays game. Its a game we have nothing to lose and will tell us a lot about how how rest of season could pan out.

Expect a defeat, but hopefully good performance.

Great result!!

If you had said we get 8 points from 4 games after opening day and getting beat to QOS in between I would have laughed at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Great result!!

If you had said we get 8 points from 4 games after opening day and getting beat to QOS in between I would have laughed at you.
    have a funny feeling you will do a lot better this year than last.

have a funny feeling you will do a lot better this year than last.

Cant do worse.:pac:

Top 6 might be on now.

Cant do worse.:pac:

Top 6 might be on now.
    think so.. hope you do better than your cross city rivals

• Advertisement

Great point picked up on Saturday,we were crap first half and should have been four or five down,but second half was a different matter and they battled and fought there way into the game twice where previously Hibs would have rolled over and died,there is a steely grit to this team now and well done to Pat Fenlon on changing things at our beloved Hibs we are no longer a pushover

Go on Andy Murray!!

Good to see Hibs fan end one drought;)

Go on Andy Murray!!

Good to see Hibs fan end one drought;)
    Pat might be able to convince him to go to hibs on a free transfer :p

Leigh Griffiths

Been named the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Player of the Month for August

We would have lost this type of battle last season. So it super result. Since the Dundee United game we have Won 3, and Drawn to Hearts and Celtic.

Still early days and im sure we go through our usual rough sequence, but signs are encouraging that we will at least be challenging top 6 place over the season.

• Advertisement

We are grinding these results out whereas the past couple of seasons as soon as the equalizer went in we would have started buckling, especially at home. Think the atmosphere has started to improve dramatically at easter road as well, partly due to concerted efforts by the Section 43 boys but also i think the fans have regained confidence in the team. In recent years the nerves in the stands have got to the players.

Great to see Claros start to resemble a player also. Really hope Griffiths knock isnt too serious. Looking forward to kicking on next week, another winnable match.

Meant do this earlier. Was at ER on Saturday. The performance was very encouraging. Frustrating to give away 2 goal cushion, but players never let heads drop and if produce that type of football and performance for rest of season we have good season. Some lovely passing at times. Was good game if neutral.

Wotherspoons goal was special.

My only worry is we lack strength in depth.

Meant do this earlier. Was at ER on Saturday. The performance was very encouraging. Frustrating to give away 2 goal cushion, but players never let heads drop and if produce that type of football and performance for rest of season we have good season. Some lovely passing at times. Was good game if neutral.

Wotherspoons goal was special.

My only worry is we lack strength in depth.

Wotherspoon's strike was a belter wasn't it.

eire4 wrote: »
    Wotherspoon's strike was a belter wasn't it.

was worth admission fee just for that. We dont get too many:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Nice goal!

Tricky one coming up in Hours time.

Although we do tend to do OK at Pittodrie and Aberdeen in general even when we are on poor run.

Be happy with point today although have feeling we will win.

What a Goal by Doyle. Against run of play. Aberdeen should of had Peno.

Lucky to be 1-1.

Very organised, but need to be more calm on the ball.

Maybury is on the edge too. Would not be surprised to see him get Red now.

2-1 Aberdeen now.:(

tbf its no more then they deserve.

• Advertisement
Advertisement