Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Time stood still when with Suttons header in injury time.

We were ok. Hearts were slightly better side, but we were positive and we showed great fight this time.

Much more of that please.
    Well that's good to hear. It was all doom and gloom on the BBC ticker about how shíte both teams were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well that's good to hear. It was all doom and gloom on the BBC ticker about how shíte both teams were.

Wasn't the greatest game in world alright. I think Hibs just did not want to get beat. We were poor and gave ball away too easy.

We had few chances of our own too. We just seemed lack little belief that we could go and get 3 points. But for effort and grinding out a result much more positive.

Doyle was out wide which did not make much sense. Thought McGivern had good game.

You will still see people pissed off with Fenlon though if you go into any supporters Forum tonight or tomorrow.

But:
    4 Points from Celtic and Hearts in back to back games.
    We are 1 point off last years total with 16 games to go.

Bit of perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Doyle was out wide which did not make much sense.

Fenlon playing strikers on the wing in games he doesn't want to lose? Expect to see a lot more of that. It still wont make sense.

Oh and one more thing. Whoever spat at the Hearts ballboy will hopefully receive a lengthy ban.

No place in the game for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

To be fair neither team played much in the way of quality football. This was very much a blood and thunder type derby game. But in its own way it was an enjoyable game to watch.

• Advertisement

eire4 wrote: »
    To be fair neither team played much in the way of quality football. This was very much a blood and thunder type derby game. But in its own way it was an enjoyable game to watch.

Happy with season so far?

I am personally. Yes inconsistent to hell, but least we show signs that we are going places. All be it small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

I think the vast majority of people are happy with the progress so far - the defence is certainly the tightest we have had in years and our midfield has a bit of steel and competence at least. The entire team appears 100% committed to the cause which at some clubs is taken for granted but for us in the context of the last few years is revolutionary.

There are going to be some detractors to Fenlon's style as a lot of hibs fans would rather lose 4-3 than draw 0-0 and expect attacking or perhaps even reckless football. However I reckon everyone appreciates the huge improvement on the last few seasons and that is down to Fenlon putting his team together.

We really need an attacking midfielder, unless he is going to move Cairney more central, and if we lose Griffiths which looks increasingly likely we are going to struggle for goals. But the outlook is positive - the fans have played a part in this over the last few seasons as well, despite the horrors of last season a much more positive atmosphere is being generated at Easter Road and away from home. Section 43 Ultras have certainly contributed and there is much more of a sense of common purpose between the fans, players and club

Some people are best not use Twitter and good old Leigh is one of them.

He is a clown and fool for what he did. Even though he came back and apologised its not good enough.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-20986579

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Some people are best not use Twitter and good old Leigh is one of them.

He is a clown and fool for what he did. Even though he came back and apologised its not good enough.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-20986579

He's a headbanger Bill!

The smartest thing he could do is close that twitter account, never seen a lad to shoot himself in the foot with such regularity! He'll cop a big punishment for this I think! Seems like he's Hibs headbanger for the rest of the season. Keep him focused on football and he'll be alright!

Dempsey wrote: »
    He's a headbanger Bill!

The smartest thing he could do is close that twitter account, never seen a lad to shoot himself in the foot with such regularity! He'll cop a big punishment for this I think! Seems like he's Hibs headbanger for the rest of the season. Keep him focused on football and he'll be alright!

Thing is though he does come out with some reasonable stuff too lot of the time. Can be very balanced, but when he does come out with beauty its normally Media loving stuff.

• Advertisement

Good news with Leigh Griffiths and Ryan McGivern extending the loan deals till end of season

Big Boost!

Ah we are great against Celtics and Hearts, but tis those little feckers from Ross County, Dundee and ICT tat ya have to be careful of.

When we go goal down away from home we never come back now. Not good enough. I know the season has seen progress, but wheels coming off slightly now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Have been in work all night. As soon as I seen that Sproule had scored I stopped looking at the live scores feed... Just knew we wouldn't come back from that.

Hopefully Sunday's result can give us some belief in the league as we are starting to fall away. Shocking game but some great performances - none better than Ben Williams who has only let in 1 out of the last 6 penalties he has faced.

Am happy enough with drawing Killie away in the next round. We have done pretty well out of the transfer window, we just need to support our forward(s)

highlights are worth it just for Deegan's 30 yard screamer at 5:25 - hopefully this might encourage him to get forward a little more often

Was never a peno for Dundee there.

Unlucky not to get 3 points

Crazy last 5 minutes there.

1-0 down when McGivern gets equaliser on 85th minute, but Kilmarnock respond straight away to go ahead again pretty much from the kickoff, only for Griffiths to salvage a point, with 2 minutes to go.

2-2 full time.

Crazy last 5 minutes there.

1-0 down when McGivern gets equaliser on 85th minute, but Kilmarnock respond straight away to go ahead again pretty much from the kickoff, only for Griffiths to salvage a point, with 2 minutes to go.

2-2 full time.

That will do fine. Thought if we had nicked it we might have jinxed ourselves for the weekend.

I am however rather concerned about us conceding a goal to somebody called Jude Winchester :eek:

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    That will do fine. Thought if we had nicked it we might have jinxed ourselves for the weekend.

I am however rather concerned about us conceding a goal to somebody called Jude Winchester :eek:

I have just gut feeling we wont be beaten at weekend.

Dont know why, but we seem to be doing Ok in cup games against teams like Kilmarnock. It when we get to last 4 and finals is when things go little banana on us:pac:

I have just gut feeling we wont be beaten at weekend.

Dont know why, but we seem to be doing Ok in cup games against teams like Kilmarnock. It when we get to last 4 and finals is when things go little banana on us:pac:

I am fairly confident we wont lose. I actually reckon Fenlon has prioritized the cup, not sure what difference that will make but there is no question we wont show up.

Looking forward to game tomorrow although little more nervous then I was during the week.

Hopefully we get result. Draw would be OK IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

I am actually quite confident of a win today especially if they play anything lke they did last Sunday,then we get Celtic in the semi final

4-2 to Hibs!!

It's our year!!!

The draw fro semi final will be made tomorrow at 1.30 on SSN for those interested.

Got Falkirk.

Can't complain although it be sickener to get bear to them if we do.

Was hoping for Celtic but at least if we beat Falkirk and Celtic beat Dundee Utd we have european football next season

Derby day!!

Well overdue win against them in league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Absolutely criminal decision there, that was as bad as the Pedro Mendes at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

244411.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Wtf, that wasn't given ?

Horrible call if so.

edit: Seems like a lot of bookies are paying out on Griffiths as FGS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Hibs were robbed there. Sooner they bring in goal line technology the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Fook sake, they didn't need technology for that one, it was way over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

i8QYmB9f1efCq.gif

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

The ref should come out and apologise I know it won't make a difference but surely he has to say something. A truly horrendous bit of refereeing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

holy **** that was bad..

So annoying. The game was even enough but that decision was shocking.

Move on I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

We should have taken our chances for the rest of the game. Another one for the goal line technology debate though.
    Lads did ye see the great prices on season tickets for next season.
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/SeasonTicketMembership2013-14/0,,10290,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Feel sorry for Hibs after that shocking decision on Sunday. Not a great game but what a winner that should have been from Griffiths. Aside from how bad the decision was what gets me about the whole situation is the aftermath. We have managers getting suspensions and pretty hefty ones for speaking out yet a ref and linesman make a call as bad as that and the silence is deafening. At least have the balls to come out and admit it was a bad mistake and apologise.
    The only thing I have seen is former ref Kenny Clarke unbelievably defending Sundays ref and linesman.
    Refs have been talking about respect well you know what respect is earned. It seems when refs screw up its immediately on the defensive rather then actually admitting you got it wrong and working on improving. Its hard to show a ref repsect when he won't even hold his hands up when he screws it up. Especially when it is as big a decision and as bad a screw up as Sundays was.

Missed game last night but got see highlights this morning.

Truly shocking 2nd half. We seemed to play very good stuff in first so makes it more surprising.

League form is poor now and we will struggle for top 6.

we were not great up until the goal and McPake could have made it two soon after,second half we capitulated total disaster and i think it makes it very hard for us to qualify top six,still believe in what Fenlon is doing though onwards and hopefully upwards in Pat we trust.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Details for semi-final tickets are up.Heading over for it.Can't wait....and hopefully onto the final :)

• Advertisement

Interesting article by Tom English recently comparing attendances by team to last year. Its hardly the "armageddon" predicted (scroll down to the end)

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/tom-english-rangers-verdict-set-to-unleash-hell-1-2814253

However the only the team in the SPL where attendances have actually increased is Hibs - up 9.9% - and to some extent Aberdeen. The biggest drop in attendances, unsurprisingly, is at Celtic

These are the more up to date averages compared to the same point last year:

Celtic: 50,904 45,640
    Hearts: 13,381 12,959
    Hibernian: 9,909 10,809
    Aberdeen: 9,297 9,727
    Dundee Utd: 7,482 7,602
    Motherwell: 5,946 5,077
    Kilmarnock: 5,537 4,831
    St Mirren: 4,493 4,315
    Inverness: 4,023 4,088
    St Johnstone:4,170 3,739

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    However the only the team in the SPL where attendances have actually increased is Hibs - up 9.9% - and to some extent Aberdeen.

In fairness, I think Dundee United and ICT might take issue with your arithmetic. Just saying. ;)

Meanwhile, here's a fantastic picture of Easter Road from some time way back when. Well, I think it's pretty impressive at any rate. Imagine being stuck in the middle of that crowd. :eek:

7046_1200_604.jpg

1 game away from another final.

Hopefully we can deliver the goods.

We should of won the 05 and 07 semi finals so we have a habit of falling at this hurdle so hopefully we get another chance to find the Holy Grail.

KO is at 12.30 tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

0-3 after half hour.

Pathetic performance from Hibs so far.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Car crash stuff.

Can't see any way back for them with the way they're playing.

How the **** is that not a pen?

Not Hibs day.

Eoin Doyle added a bit of composure to Hibs forward play.

edit..

Goal

1-3

Crazy not to give a peno. Back in it though now!

Griffiths should've scored.

What a clown Griffiths

The neck to give out after that ****.

• Advertisement
Advertisement