Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Fantastic goalkeeping there, not the best of penalties though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

2-3

Griffiths.

Falkirk asking for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Wonderful goal - c'mon Hibs you can do it:)

That's better, interesting 10 minutes coming up.

Harris has had a great second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭HoggyRS

What a goal, some game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Cheer now Kew :P

Fantastic goal from Doyle!

Great ball in by Griffiths, don't know how there was nobody attacking the far post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

the referee has gone off injured now...this game has had everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Great game in fairness to both teams

Just have a feelin there's a Falkirk sucker punch coming

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Cracking game. Fair play to Falkirk for going 3 up but great comeback from Hibs and should be 4-3 there. Gobsh*te commentator saying his "arm is offside" :rolleyes:

Griffiths is a horrible wee rat but he's some player. Always forget he's on loan, he's much better than the strikers Wolves have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Shame on all those Hibs fans leaving at half time - hell mend yis, as they say here:p

Take a bow Thumb boy!

Pure class from Griffiths. Amazing comeback from Hibs.

Officials have been dire today. Well done from Williams regardless.

• Advertisement

Two cup finals in a row. Fair play to Nutsy.

Don't want to jump the gun because our Hampden record is a disgrace but would be a good final if we make it. Hampden's green & white :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

Well that was only mental Ted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I knew Fenlons tactic of giving them a 3 goal head start would pay off!

I can just see us winning this bloody cup now as this will be the first final I probably won't be at!

I knew Fenlons tactic of giving them a 3 goal head start would pay off!

I can just see us winning this bloody cup now as this will be the first final I probably won't be at!
    Who would you rather in the final?

Sounds like a silly question but I honestly reckon you've more chance of beating us than Dundee Utd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssd!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I reply to question once cool down. Haha.

Holy ****!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well done Hibs, fairy tail stuff. Hope this years final goes better for you!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Congrats lads, what a comeback. Only switched on at 3-1 but it was all Hibs from then on. Poor penalty from Griffiths but he more than made up for it, especially with the winner - what a stunning goal. Amazing comeback, that's what cup games are all about. The fans who left at 3-0 must be sick to miss that!

Real uphill battle now for Celtic, two very tough games between us and the cup, and I would not be confident v Hibs in the final even if we get past Dundee Utd. Hampden has been awful for Celtic of late, and the fact that Hibs were thrashed in last season's final, I would expect them to be a very tough opponent.

Hope we at least get a Celtic v Hibs final.

Firstly thanks to the kind words from all fans wishing us well.

I did not think after 30 minutes that I be this happy. Pat Fenlon was coming in for a lashing at that point.

Maybe one of the greatest results we have ever pulled off even if Falkirk are 1st Division team.

I wonder how the fans who left after 30 minutes felt. I would never do it myself and I have had plenty of experience of bad results be it club or country, but I could not blame any fan for walking out today.

We were disgrace the first half.

Eoin Doyle had unreal game and was the difference. He put in a hell of a shift and I hope he gets a reward before he leaves in summer.

On the question of who I would rather in the final. Its a tricky one. If I had to pick I go Celtic funny enough.

Dundee winning tomorrow only gives us that hope that we are playing team around but slightly above our level.

Get Celtic and we will be massive underdogs and nobody will give us hope and funny enough that might go for us.

In saying all that Dundee United would give us realistic chance of winning it, but seeing a team like United win it against us in final would be more painful then seeing a team who win it every second year. That's nothing against Dundee United its just they be seen as a team that we should be or could be beating.

111 years since we last won the cup though so its not something I am even thinking about winning.

The only good thing about this final is that I wont feel worse at the final whistle if we lose this year compared to last year. Even if we get beat 15-0 wont be half as bad as the feeling I had last May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Sounds like i missed quite a game... well done lads.. gonna have to try grab the highlights when i find a laptop.. hope its an all green final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Sounds like i missed quite a game... well done lads.. gonna have to try grab the highlights when i find a laptop.. hope its an all green final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Left Cork to fly to Glasgow from Dublin at 1am yesterday.Was absolutely exhausted after that game.I couldn't even drink in Edinburgh before we flew home.It was epic and it definitely took years off me.The problems with Clancy(not looking for ball), Cairney(subbed-not doing much), Thomson(subbed-not doing much) and Claros(no confidence first half-woke up second half) were addressed.The introduction of Eoin Doyle(former Sligo player)was the spark that was needed.Williams made a great save as well.Fair play Pat....lets rock on now and win the bloody thing(After last year,what's the worst that could happen)

Well Celtic it is.

I'm going into the game with absolute no confidence that we can win which maybe a good thing.

Like we say can't be worse then last year.

One thing we can't afford to do is let them build couple of goals up.

Realistically we need to score first.

Not for another 6 weeks so plenty of time just to enjoy moment and start panicking in about 5 weeks time with glass half empty pessimism ha.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well Celtic it is.

I'm going into the game with absolute no confidence that we can win which maybe a good thing.

Like we say can't be worse then last year.

One thing we can't afford to do is let them build couple of goals up.

Realistically we need to score first.

Not for another 6 weeks so plenty of time just to enjoy moment and start panicking in about 5 weeks time with glass half empty pessimism ha.

Don't worry, based on Celtic's defensive performance yesterday, we're just as worried as you are! :D If Ambrose and Izzy play, and perform like they did yesterday, you are guaranteed at least a goal or two.

Your problem will be feeding Griffiths, I was at the last league game v Hibs and was surprised at how little Griffiths had, he might as well not have been there. Get the ball to him in and around our box and I'm certain he'd score.

Just don't let him take any penalties. :P

Honestly if Celtic beat Hibs I reckon it'll be more of yesterday i.e. purely outscoring Hibs, because I'm certain it won't be a clean sheet.

What's the story with Griffiths anyway? Have you the option to buy? Is it a possibility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Griffiths wants to stay, a lot will depend on Wolves and if they want a fee for him or willing to let him go on a free.

1967 wrote: »
    Griffiths wants to stay, a lot will depend on Wolves and if they want a fee for him or willing to let him go on a free.
    They'd be mad to let him go free. He's better than Doyle for starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

1967 wrote: »

Dean Saunders is saying they will take up the option for one more year on his contract. So if he is to stay at Hibs you will need to come up with some money to buy him.

Alright lads.Whose going to the final?Where are you going from?Edinburgh hotels are rocketing up because of a marathon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

I wont be attending as i simply cant afford it first Hibs final i wont be at since Aberdeen League Cup final in 1985 :mad:

I can't go as I have stag that weekend.

Pure annoying but one of my best mates.

Would be going without question if it was not on.

I honestly thought it was on weekend before which makes it more annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Best of Luck in the cup final Hibbees!

Most of the Celtic players fatigued badly in the 2nd half against DUTD and we are leaking goals goodo so it could be a gung-ho final. Depends on the rotation that Lennon does between now and the end of the league season. As ye say, the underdog tag suits ye perfectly for a match like this

Dempsey wrote: »
    Best of Luck in the cup final Hibbees!

Most of the Celtic players fatigued badly in the 2nd half against DUTD and we are leaking goals goodo so it could be a gung-ho final. Depends on the rotation that Lennon does between now and the end of the league season. As ye say, the underdog tag suits ye perfectly for a match like this

Im just disappointed ye are still not in the CL. Cause if ye got to the final ye would have play us the day after it.

I be bit more confident:pac::pac:

Its hard to see us winning it though. Celtic will be well up for this.

I really think first goal is huge. If we score first we have a chance. If Celtic score first I will be fearful.

Of course it depends too when goal is scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Im just disappointed ye are still not in the CL. Cause if ye got to the final ye would have play us the day after it.

I be bit more confident:pac::pac:

Its hard to see us winning it though. Celtic will be well up for this.

I really think first goal is huge. If we score first we have a chance. If Celtic score first I will be fearful.

Of course it depends too when goal is scored.

I think your probably right about the first goal. It will be huge. Neither teams backlines have been looking good of late so it could end up being a high scoring entertaining affair.

• Advertisement

Bar the official website does anyone have any website that sells Hibs gear?

Hoping to get a jacket or jersey before final, but like to get it bit cheaper if there is another option.

I can't go as I have stag that weekend.

Pure annoying but one of my best mates.

Would be going without question if it was not on.

I honestly thought it was on weekend before which makes it more annoying.

You cannot be serious. :eek:

If one of my mates had a stag on the weekend of the 19th of May last year, he'd have been having it without me.

You cannot be serious. :eek:

If one of my mates had a stag on the weekend of the 19th of May last year, he'd have been having it without me.

Well I rather it was that weekend last year cause I would of missed that massacre :pac::pac:.

Well I rather it was that weekend last year cause I would of missed that massacre :pac::pac:.

I know - but I'm going to studiously avoid winding anyone up about that. ;)

Honestly, though, I wouldn't give up a cup final for a stag. I might for a wedding (maybe), or a funeral (my own), or a major birthday (my wife's, so as to avoid causing my own funeral).

Yer only a part-timer. :pac:

I know - but I'm going to studiously avoid winding anyone up about that. ;)

Honestly, though, I wouldn't give up a cup final for a stag. I might for a wedding (maybe), or a funeral (my own), or a major birthday (my wife's, so as to avoid causing my own funeral).

Yer only a part-timer. :pac:

The problem is the stag is in Wexford. So would have to mean early start on Sunday morning. Final is on the Sunday so I could work around it.

The more closer it gets the more likely that I could change my mind alright.

If I go and we get beat I will balme you;)

If I go and we get beat I will balme you;)

What if you aren't there and you win? Not, I stress, that I'm wishing for that to happen. :p

One of the happiest celebrations of my life was the couple of days after we won the cup in 1998, after a 42 year wait. It was the mother and father of all parties.

So I'm just saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I promised myself last year that I wouldn't put myself through the pain of another cup final.

So when I got a call early this morning asking if I wanted a ticket I said yes and booked a flight.

Will I ever learn....

Booked and paid for 3 hospitality packages. £200 each. Flights booked to Edinburgh from Cork. Hotel booked. Locked stocked and ready to rock. We may have the 3rd place to flog off if the lad who is supposed to take it pulls out...That's just in case anyone is desperate but tickets should be ok to get anyway. I don't know will the Celtic fans try to buy up Hibs tickets. The Hibs season tickets don't seem to be selling. So I don't know are people really that interested in the final. I thought the hospitality packages would be sold out by now as they were last year but there you go. People probably just don't have the money

Would be a bit of a disgrace if Hibs don't sell a decent amount. Ye are in the bottom 6 so with all due respect your games are all fairly meaningless bar the derby.

You might be underdogs and we might have pasted you last time around but we're always dodgy at Hampden so you definitely have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

We should get more tickets if they struggle to sell their allocation, i know plenty of season ticket holders who will miss out on tickets.

Would be a bit of a disgrace if Hibs don't sell a decent amount. Ye are in the bottom 6 so with all due respect your games are all fairly meaningless bar the derby.

You might be underdogs and we might have pasted you last time around but we're always dodgy at Hampden so you definitely have a chance.

What is the story with ye and Hampden? Before our semi final,I had a Celtic cab man waffle on about the curse of Hampden for about 10-15 mins :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement