Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

We should get more tickets if they struggle to sell their allocation, i know plenty of season ticket holders who will miss out on tickets.

Only the silver package has sold out for yere hospitality tickets so far.No great demand with ye either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

shezer wrote: »
    What is the story with ye and Hampden? Before our semi final,I had a Celtic cab man waffle on about the curse of Hampden for about 10-15 mins :D
    Lost 3-2 to St Mirren in the LC semi last year
    1-0 to Killie in the final the year before
    2-1 to Rangers the year before

Lost 2-1 to Hears in the Scottish Cup semi last year
    2-0 to Ross County the year before
    even the DU game this year wasn't exactly plain sailing.
    Only the silver package has sold out for yere hospitality tickets so far.No great demand with ye either.
    I've never known anyone to buy hospitality packages tbf

The Hospitality tickets are usually a good indicator of how much demand there will be for tickets. They usually sell them first. I'd say Celtic fans should be ok anyway between Hospitality,Debenture and Club allocation of tickets.

Last year the Hibs hospitality tickets were gone in no time. They are still advertising them a week on this year. I know they are steep though.
    Celtic to be fair to them are doing a good deal with their hospitality tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

Who would want to buy hospitality for Hampden? :confused:

£200+ for one game.

The Hospitality tickets are usually a good indicator of how much demand there will be for tickets. They usually sell them first. I'd say Celtic fans should be ok anyway between Hospitality,Debenture and Club allocation of tickets.

Last year the Hibs hospitality tickets were gone in no time. They are still advertising them a week on this year. I know they are steep though.
    Celtic to be fair to them are doing a good deal with their hospitality tickets.

Any season ticket holder who never went to the semi final will struggle big time.

Are they giving final tickets to people based on having a season ticket and semi-final attendance?

Are they giving final tickets to people based on having a season ticket and semi-final attendance?

My brother is a season ticket holder and that's what he seems to think bud.

Capacity of Hampden-52063
    Celtic ST holders(estimate)-42000
    Allocation to Celtic-20000

How many Celtic fans bought tickets for the Semi-final?I'd imagine Celtic will soak up most of the debenture tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Would be a bit of a disgrace if Hibs don't sell a decent amount. Ye are in the bottom 6 so with all due respect your games are all fairly meaningless bar the derby.

You might be underdogs and we might have pasted you last time around but we're always dodgy at Hampden so you definitely have a chance.

I think hibs should sell out our allocation no bother, considering we took 17,000 to the semi final.

Dont think we have the quality to trouble celtic if they are on usual form, however they are well capable of a dodgy day out as we have seen in recent years so there is always a chance

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    I think hibs should sell out our allocation no bother, considering we took 17,000 to the semi final.

Dont think we have the quality to trouble celtic if they are on usual form, however they are well capable of a dodgy day out as we have seen in recent years so there is always a chance

8000 Hibs ST holders. Given 1 ticket for this year and 1 ticket for renewing.
    Plus the new ST holders and Hibernians club members.
    600 going on the last few matches for raffle.There could be very few for general sale if the ST holders all take full advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I really fear for a Griffiths-less Hibs next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I really fear for a Griffiths-less Hibs next year.

For a club of our size we should be doing miles better. Miles better.

I think Rod may have played a blinder if I'm honest.A lot of teams are in serious financial trouble that will take a while to recover from.They over spent on players or spent money they didn't have.We are economically sound.The future is bright. Two cup finals in last 2 years with little spent. The loss of Griffiths will be felt though :(

Think I might be going after all. Won't know for few days but feck it if we do win it be the mother of all parties.

This is our World Cup final.

Financially we are ok. I still think though for the 4th best supported team in Scotland I expect little better league form and odd challenge for trophy bit more.

That's not current management fault and so far Fenlon has made progress all be it very small.

If he wins cup though he will be forever be a legend.

The only good thing is I am going into the final with little expectations. Last year I thought we could do it, this year on current form does not fill me with optimisim but you never know on once off.

Think I might be going after all. Won't know for few days but feck it if we do win it be the mother of all parties.

This is our World Cup final.

Financially we are ok. I still think though for the 4th best supported team in Scotland I expect little better league form and odd challenge for trophy bit more.

That's not current management fault and so far Fenlon has made progress all be it very small.

If he wins cup though he will be forever be a legend.

The only good thing is I am going into the final with little expectations. Last year I thought we could do it, this year on current form does not fill me with optimisim but you never know on once off.

I hear ya dude. Last year was awful. I honestly thought I'd be celebrating on the plane home.That game still makes me feel sick.

Did you get your ticket?Chaos today with the ticket sales.The online sales were a disaster.They had a problem with giving the renewing ST holders their extra ticket for renewing

The cousin has my ticket. He told me he have no problem selling if cant go. So happy days. I hope to go though. It's the finances that just holding back confirmation at minute.

Cork flights about 230 at the moment out 25th back 26th to edinburgh....Dublin is much cheaper

Game has been suspended.

Fan treated on the pitch after reports of heart attack. Hope he pulls through.

Not good to hear.

Match abandoned apparently. Right decision

Fan hopefully pulls through this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Match abandoned apparently. Right decision

Fan hopefully pulls through this.

Just heard this, hope the fan makes a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sadly the fan passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Awfully quiet in here, The Kew out celebrating I take it ? :D

Some goal by Griffiths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaJKOCkMEsI&feature=youtu.be&a

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

well done.. in terms of the league you's havnt done nearly as well as i expected this season

About time we humped that lot.Hopefully the tax man will sort them now for their sins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Totally deserved the win today,fantastic free from Sparky for the equaliser and what a great composed finish from Ross Caldwell for the winner,ggtth

• Advertisement

About time we humped that lot.Hopefully the tax man will sort them now for their sins

If by "about time" you mean "for the first time in the league in Jaysus knows how many attempts", and if by "humped" you mean "defeated by two goals to one", then you might well be right. Not, I hasten to add, that you deserved anything less than a win from the game.

As for the tax man, if by "their sins" you mean "utterly horsing Hibs senseless at Hampden in the biggest Edinburgh derby of the century - and then showing up six years later in an even bigger Edinburgh derby and doing it again, only even worse", then you might also well be right.

In any case, do you not keep up? We've settled with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. :P

It's the Lithuanian Central Bank we have to worry about. :eek:

But for now, I'll cope. ;)

If by "about time" you mean "for the first time in the league in Jaysus knows how many attempts", and if by "humped" you mean "defeated by two goals to one", then you might well be right. Not, I hasten to add, that you deserved anything less than a win from the game.

As for the tax man, if by "their sins" you mean "utterly horsing Hibs senseless at Hampden in the biggest Edinburgh derby of the century - and then showing up six years later in an even bigger Edinburgh derby and doing it again, only even worse", then you might also well be right.

In any case, do you not keep up? We've settled with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. :P

It's the Lithuanian Central Bank we have to worry about. :eek:

But for now, I'll cope. ;)

Sins=Spending money that was not Hearts FC to spend.Spending on squads that Hearts FC couldn't afford

It is easy to beat teams with superior squads.The hard part is paying up in full for those squads.

It is easy to beat teams with superior squads.

You're not wrong there. ;)

Does that mean you're one of those 1-5 deniers, then? You see them on .net and the bounce, giving it the "it didn't really happen" chat.

But it did.

It did happen. I was there when it did. Better side by far. However it is time to pay the piper for that success.

If I gave you the option of winning a cup and going bust or have a chance of winning a cup and not going bust, which would you take now?

It did happen. I was there when it did. Better side by far. However it is time to pay the piper for that success.

That's what I meant in the previous post. There's always some excuse to pretend it didn't happen, or it wasn't real, or that some external factor was to blame. But the fact is that the 2012 Hearts squad wasn't all that good; nowhere near the quality of 2006 or 1998, or even 1988 and 1986. There's no way that team should have won a cup final 5-1, in fact it was remarkable that the team made the final at all, and we only won so easily because Hibs failed to show up. I'm realistic enough to accept that, even if I would like to kid myself that the Hearts team was somehow better than it was.

If I gave you the option of winning a cup and going bust or have a chance of winning a cup and not going bust, which would you take now?

But you don't get to give the options. Another option is to win the cup and not go bust. Right now, we've managed one half of that, and I'll just have to wait and see how the rest goes - since I don't get to give the options either. ;)

Admit it though; Hibs would have done better against Celtic last year; and even though Celtic will put a far better team out on the pitch against you this time than we did last year, you've a better chance of winning.

Weird, isn't it?

• Advertisement

We should be hearing about the plans for the remaining cup final tickets over the next day or two. I haven't seen many for sale on gumtree or ebay yet

Did not need no goal line technology or unpaid taxes yesterday.

Great result. Hopefully we can kick on.

You're not wrong there. ;)

Does that mean you're one of those 1-5 deniers, then? You see them on .net and the bounce, giving it the "it didn't really happen" chat.

But it did.

I dont think any hibs fan is going to forget that, however Hearts fans are misguided if they think we are preoccupied with it. It is dangerous to rest on your laurels - it could be argued that the 7-0 affected hibs in the same way. You will need to move beyond it if you want to reassert your dominance in this fixture - that was the quietest hearts support I have ever heard at a derby.

Admit it though; Hibs would have done better against Celtic last year; and even though Celtic will put a far better team out on the pitch against you this time than we did last year, you've a better chance of winning.

Absolutely - would have fancied us more against celtic last year. Our whole mental approach to derbies, as a club, team and support, has been flawed pretty much since the McLeish era. We have expected to lose and let hearts boss us from the first minute. The players and fans were just waiting for calamity.

This was one of the first things Fenlon clocked after he came to hibs and in fairness, it looks as if he has started to change it. The whole attitude towards the derby has changed this year, both in terms of the players and the support. The fear has gone.

This was one of the first things Fenlon clocked after he came to hibs and in fairness, it looks as if he has started to change it. The whole attitude towards the derby has changed this year, both in terms of the players and the support. The fear has gone.

If you say so. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to thank John McGlynn or Gary Locke for being poor managers - but it is a more credible explanation for Hearts' failure to deliver in derby games this season.

Still, you could yet turn Celtic over, and if you do Fenlon will become the Messiah - even though a fair and independent analysis would suggest that he and Hibs haven't really made any progress this season. I s'pose looking at Hearts travelling backwards might seem like progress, but you know it isn't really.

But if you lose the cup final, do you really want to keep him? Honest answer, now. In fact, if Hibs hadn't made the final, and were playing Killie next for a shot at 8th, 9th or 10th, he'd probably be given his P45 at the end of the month.

If you say so. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to thank John McGlynn or Gary Locke for being poor managers - but it is a more credible explanation for Hearts' failure to deliver in derby games this season.

Still, you could yet turn Celtic over, and if you do Fenlon will become the Messiah - even though a fair and independent analysis would suggest that he and Hibs haven't really made any progress this season. I s'pose looking at Hearts travelling backwards might seem like progress, but you know it isn't really.

But if you lose the cup final, do you really want to keep him? Honest answer, now. In fact, if Hibs hadn't made the final, and were playing Killie next for a shot at 8th, 9th or 10th, he'd probably be given his P45 at the end of the month.

A more credible explanation is that Hearts have been forced to start trying to live within their means this season, somewhat leveling the playing field. However, I dont think we should be measuring progress against Hearts league position - we should and could have made top six this year. And without two ridiculous refereeing decisions against Hearts and Dundee Utd in the games approaching the split, we would have been.

I think Fenlon has his limitations but is on a steep learning curve and is becoming less stubborn with his tactics. Some signings havent worked out, and some key players have fallen away badly in the second half of the season (Cairney and McPake) for health reasons or otherwise. However, I think most hibs fans can see that there is a backbone and steel to the team that has simply not been there in recent seasons. For the last few years going a goal down to hearts would have finished us, we would have mentally buckled. Likewise the first half display against Falkirk.

I dont expect to beat Celtic, we just dont have the resources. However, I am happy to stick with Fenlon for next season and would like the team based around youth rather than signing any more stop gap journeymen. If we are not at least challenging for a european place by the end of next season then a case can be made for him to go, the last thing we need is another change in manager.

A more credible explanation is that Hearts have been forced to start trying to live within their means this season, somewhat leveling the playing field.

I think you mean "plausible narrative" rather than "credible explanation", because it doesn't really address the slight but significant imbalance in favour of Hearts for most of the last 14 decades or thereabouts.

However, I think most hibs fans can see that there is a backbone and steel to the team that has simply not been there in recent seasons.

But that hasn't really translated into results, has it? Having said that, I do think Hibs have conceded fewer goals this season than last in the league - though in fairness it has to be said that the absence of Rangers was a big help in that respect.

I am happy to stick with Fenlon for next season and would like the team based around youth rather than signing any more stop gap journeymen.

Football supporters (especially those of less fashionable and well-resourced clubs like ours) say they want youth, but that only lasts until the going gets tough; a few bad results in a row and they'll ruthlessly call for the chucking out of their academy products in favour of a couple of hard-nosed professional signings.

I think you mean "plausible narrative" rather than "credible explanation", because it doesn't really address the slight but significant imbalance in favour of Hearts for most of the last 14 decades or thereabouts.

But that hasn't really translated into results, has it? Having said that, I do think Hibs have conceded fewer goals this season than last in the league - though in fairness it has to be said that the absence of Rangers was a big help in that respect.

Football supporters (especially those of less fashionable and well-resourced clubs like ours) say they want youth, but that only lasts until the going gets tough; a few bad results in a row and they'll ruthlessly call for the chucking out of their academy products in favour of a couple of hard-nosed professional signings.

I thought we were talking about this season. As ****e as hearts might be this year, I think our attitude to derbies has changed since last May, and that is reflected in our best derby record over a season for 15 odd years.

It is disappointing the way we have fallen away since January - however this is a trend that mysteriously seems to transcend managers again going back to McLeish. Considering the utter ****e Fenlon inherited, in both club culture and squad, Im prepared to stick with him for now and cautiously welcome the progress made.

I would prefer to look at the resources we have rather than have a constant revolving door of the likes of Matt Done and Tom Soares types, and I think our fans will have some patience with a younger team.

• Advertisement

I would prefer to look at the resources we have rather than have a constant revolving door of the likes of Matt Done and Tom Soares types, and I think our fans will have some patience with a younger team.

Speaking of the resources you have, Leigh Griffiths has bagged the SPL player of the year award.

Well done him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Speaking of the resources you have, Leigh Griffiths has bagged the SPL player of the year award.

Well done him.

It will be very interesting to see where he ends up playing his football next season. With Wolves being relegated again I can easily see him moving on. But can Hibernian afford him?

eire4 wrote: »
    It will be very interesting to see where he ends up playing his football next season. With Wolves being relegated again I can easily see him moving on. But can Hibernian afford him?

If we lose him with Doyle also leaving we could be in huge trouble next season.

Not sure but apparently we can afford him.

eire4 wrote: »
    It will be very interesting to see where he ends up playing his football next season.

fqsu040903191136.jpg

Just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

fqsu040903191136.jpg

Just a thought.

No disrespect but Derek Riordan Mark II if he came to Celtic. He'd go off the rails without 1st team football to keep him focused.

I think Leigh Griffith should do everything to remain at Hibs for at least 2/3 years more because Fenlon is getting the best out of him and he's enjoying his football. I think he realizes it too at this stage.

2 wins in a row

2 away wins in a row.

Woop woop!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hibs and Aberdeen should be ahead of of DUTD in the table, only in Scotland!!

Dempsey wrote: »

Ya makes no sense. Tbf though we would be playing the lower teams unlike top 6. But ya still stupid.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dempsey wrote: »

Stupid split. That table is hurting my eyes, it looks wrong.

• Advertisement

Some fella selling tickets there on adverts for Hibs section.

The club are doing a ballot for the Dundee game. 500 pairs of tickets up for grabs

Advertisement