Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisps

Options
  • 13-03-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

It annoys me whe you buy a multipack of "tayto" for example
    and the packet is tiny and clearly not the sam as the one bought individully in a store why is this
    aaaargh !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Complain to them, you might get free crisps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Multipack Tatyo are smaller than the single packs. Not sure if it's the same for Chipstix, but Rancheros are defo smaller too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's the same with every brand really, the multipacks are smaller than the individuals. I wouldn't exactly say they're tiny, maybe 20% less though on average. Doesn't really bother me, usually buy whatever's on offer and it tends to work out at something like 20-30c a pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I remember I bought a multipack of Tayto Snax, and in one bag I counted 7 crisps. Disgraceful.

And while we're on the subject of crisps, they don't taste the same as they used to and they're smaller in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

sidders wrote: »
    why is this
    aaaargh !!
    Public demand I suppose. Years ago you got the same bags in mulitpacks. You are paying per weight so just work out which is cheapest, and eat 2 packs if you want more. The individual retail packs have gotten bigger over the years too, years back they were all 28g, now multis are 25g

Lots of bars are now a little less than normal 'retail' weight in mulitpacks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The weight is clearly labeled on them.

Single bags are getting bigger. 45g is the normal size around me.

Advertisement