Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Spring/Summer 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

highdef wrote: »
    I would pay to be in Portalington right now!!! Looks like it will pass to the south of me. Prosperous and Clane could be in the firing line again if it keeps up it's pace....can't see it continuing to grow like this, as much as I would love it to!! The view out of my office window facing SW is epic. Camera is till rolling :-)

Yet it is growing, massively over the last 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

I'm in Sallins. Storm is just to my west. A weird blueish thing to it. Looks a nasty one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

To Alcohol wrote: »
    I'm in Sallins. Storm is just to my west. A weird blueish thing to it. Looks a nasty one.

Same here, looks like a beast from here !

To Alcohol wrote: »

Lucky you, I'd say its coming your way, quickly put the kids to bed, lock the wife in the hotpress - sit back and enjoy and then tell us about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Camera at the ready if it hits here !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Saw a serious bolt from that cell heading into N.Kildare. Nice to see more than sheet lightning for once

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Can see frequent lightning now from that storm. Can also hear the thunder despite it being quite a long way off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

just passed Monasterevin,wow what a show and the garden is white with hail stones,its heading roughly east i think:D

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

just hope it can hold up until N-Dub...!

We're losing the light and the heat but who knows. Just a couple of bangs is all it'll take to make me happy :D

• Advertisement

Without boasting, I really have an amazing view of this approaching storm. I have just put a shotgun mic out the window and am now recording the closing in rumbles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Sferics at 7.15pm:

203962.png

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

nice little map that, loads of options ! Bookmarked ! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

:eek::eek: oh my sweet devine god. just saw the strikes that hit the midlands. impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

C'mon baby, heading straight for me... :)

Of course it would be great if the camcorder was working...

highdef wrote: »
    Without boasting, I really have an amazing view of this approaching storm. I have just put a shotgun mic out the window and am now recording the closing in rumbles.

Pics please:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Agent J wrote: »
    Lightning & Rain in Maynoot approx 10 mins ago. Very close.

Passed now.

Can vouch for that, was walking back to the car from the college library and there were 2 very bright flashes followed quickly by two very loud bangs. I love lightning but not when you're outside and that close to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

the overall storm is really growing a broad very intense storm.

Although the peak echoes are not quite as strong, the over growth of the storm is very very impressive.

Su Campu wrote: »
    C'mon baby, heading straight for me... :)

Of course it would be great if the camcorder was working...

Could use your webcam maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

I've a few shots on my iPhone of the one (hopefully) about to hit north Kildare. Not sure how to post them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

that's the power gone

• Registered Users Posts: 24,194 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Im loving that track, hope it doesnt loose cohesion before we see it. im on a line from leixlip to blanch, what do you think my chances are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

That cell just passed over my house. Lightning every minute or so. its huge. i got some video il post later.

UKlightningdetector-ATDLightningDetection-Netweathertv.jpg

19.45 - really jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

great craic in athlone. was out golfing with a few mates on Athlone golf course and the lightening that was striking out over the lake and on the far side of the lake was fantastic! Ragin I didnt have my phone with me, could have taken a video of some of the lightening

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

is there anything heading towards north dublin any time soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

This is it at the moment

IMG_3574.JPG

Pics please:D

I have better still.....I have lots of video!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Gone quiet here in Kilcock as its approaching. No rumbles for last few minutes :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

If it was in maynooth 15 mins ago I assume it's missed celbridge?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement