Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Spring/Summer 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

A rumble to the south, over the city centre perhaps?

Yeah, a big rumble here!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

The strike was registered in the Tallaght Region .... Video now on ... ONE MORE PLEASE!

EDIT: 3 in total apparently.. tallaght dundrum and up the mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭highdef

And another around Ballinteer.....not too far from Tallaght. Although the residents of ballinteer wouldn't want to hear that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

yep deffo a strike in tallaght i was looking out the window at the storm when it happeed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

highdef wrote: »
    And another around Ballinteer.....not too far from Tallaght. Although the residents of ballinteer wouldn't want to hear that :p

Must have been fairly near here (I wasn't here myself at the time) but heard thunder from Milltown. Just arrived back and there is hail everywhere. Lots of house alarms going off too. The hail was so heavy it has left lots of bits of leaves from trees and shrubs all over the back garden.

• Advertisement

Just off to work , can't post any charts . But Monday is
    Looking good for some activity from a line of galway to dublin northwards .
    Will post update when I'm home later .

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Looking decent for the northern half alright

ukcapeli.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

21 OWS have isolated thunderstorms over much of the country tomorrow afternoon.

21OWS_ATLANTIC-EUROPE_FITL_THUNDERSTORM-STANDARD_12051418.GIF

Mid-afternoon forecast sounding for the midlands shows deep instability, with around 30 knots bulk shear. Should see widespread rain and hail showers develop during the morning, with thunderstorms and the possibility of funnels by afternoon. Most severe will be the eastern half of the country, with upper warming taking place from the west during the afternoon. Should die out quickly by dark.

sondagegfs_93_2_27_1_1336927418.png

First towers going up just north of me right over the airport. Let's hope for a good day ahead! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

the wind just picked up here something terrible

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

First sprinkles here. No signs of anything electric yet across the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Iancar29 wrote: »
    First towers going up just north of me right over the airport. Let's hope for a good day ahead! :)

It's always funny the way airports tend to be CB magnets. Much be all that concrete/tarmac releasing heat in the afternoon.

Atm, looks like two small cells developing - one on the Westmeath/Meath border and another on the Louth/Down border. Two to watch for now.

Hopefully a few more later to keep an eye on.

In position just passed ashbourne watching the cell come right at us! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

So your in the TIV today? Well be sure to get some pics if anything pic worthy comes into view :).

Hail hammering down in north Louth right now. I've never seen it be so dark at this time of day, have to squint to see my keyboard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

heavy rain and hail for past 30 minutes, sky's are so dark and it's so cold:(
    Im beginning to think will we ever see the mercury rise above 14C again in this country, this summer is certainly shaping up to be yet another huge disaster in our long run of bitter summers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Few big rain/hail showers passed by but no sign of any sparks from them.

Some nice mammatus on the back edge of them though.

204888.jpg

One spark on the map just to the west side of Lough Neagh - http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html

Another strike now over north Wicklow.

• Advertisement

Nice wall cloud in front of me now! :D Not rotating though ... yet ;)

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Another strike now over north Wicklow.

And another over the Irish Sea just off the coast of north Dublin......what a waste!!! :p

Relocating out to howth... :) ... Petrol smetrol... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Some amazing looking clouds around the D10 area at the moment. Hope something comes from them. And the wind has picked up aswell.

2 more strikes around Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

cell passing over me now,bucketing down,very squally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

3 rumbles of thunder over Wicklow Town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Heavy down pour of hail/rain and two loud bangs of thunder just now in rathnew co wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    3 rumbles of thunder over Wicklow Town
    vickers209 wrote: »
    Heavy down pour of hail/rain and two loud bangs of thunder just now in rathnew co wicklow

Yes got the 3 rumbles here and the heavy hail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Very dark in south county Dublin about 3.30, just hope to Ashford and missed very heavy shower:mad:

Just checked, 3mm between 15.43 and 16.00 temp also dropped 1.4c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement