Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Spring/Summer 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

redsteveireland I noticed from the pic you posted that here is a very thin break in the cloud swirl from the 'vortex' there. It was an absolutely beautiful morning in Dromahair this morning and I was wondering why after all the rain warnings, there is my answer... lol... Was one of the lucky few.

Its getting progressively cloudy here in Collooney today but so far rain free.... time will tell! The blue skies that I enjoyed this morning are rapidly disappearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

come thunderstorms, get here quick, head is bursting from all the heat and tension in the air :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    come thunderstorms, get here quick, head is bursting from all the heat and tension in the air :(

Omg ! .. i seen that before... it doesnt turn out well....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-k6eddSYQ2DudxpLJfUU0zSppr0pegw3WBhPJaREU4aMzlEjAYw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Things are starting to get interesting, just before I head to work, brilliant, just brilliant! :mad:

First set of sferics just west Of GOrt.... great day for the volvo display! haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Aircraft getting weather advisories from EICK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Couple of strikes in west Clare. We normally don't get as much action than the east and north. Looking forward to some bangs in the Limerick area. Limerick City is celebrating July 4th and i suppose it might be some natural fireworks for the day it is. Thunder clouds are blocking satellite signals atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

sunbabe08 wrote: »

Sad to say,it don't look like anything is going to happen....It's just boring dark cloud,and a few spots of rain here and there.

Hope I'm wrong for later though. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

SexyGuy wrote: »
    Hope I'm wrong for later though. ;) .

Our highest CAPE is now, lessoning sharply after 18:00 Next two hours or bust I'd say. Small cells with heavy droplets but nothing breaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

A shower passed here an hour ago dumping 4.8mm. The same shower seems to have 'stalled' just to my NNW which going by the looks of it is giving some very heavy falls just outside of town.

Needless to say no thunder to report :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

gbee wrote: »
    Our highest CAPE is now, lessoning sharply after 18:00 Next two hours or bust I'd say. Small cells with heavy droplets but nothing breaking.

Some very very dark clouds approaching from the SouthWest as I watch,,but they just seem to pass over with nothing but a few drops.

You'd expect a lot when you see them,,but disappointing when they just pass over.

Ahh well,,there's a few hours left yet.

Storm just north of Galway city now! hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Scone190

thunder and lightening in Galway atm and torrential rain for 10 mins whole driveway is flooded haha

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Clouds building north and south of me and we had some very heavy showers but nothing else. Most seems to be happening out to sea (as per vedur) - dog going mental so here's hoping for some kind of display.

NW Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

Scone190 wrote: »
    thunder and lightening in Galway atm and torrential rain for 10 mins whole driveway is flooded haha

Jealous! Enjoy!!! Cloudy with a few breaks here in Wicklow.

Iancar29 wrote: »

Feckin tease.. :mad:

;)

Scone190 wrote: »

PHOTOS!!! ... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Jealous! Enjoy!!! Cloudy with a few breaks here in Wicklow.

Unbroken sunshine in Ashford

Not what I was expecting

See, I told you. As soon as I go to work BOOM:mad:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Our electricity only after coming back now after a lightning strike at 3pm. Torrential rain and passing thunderstorms since then. More thunder and lightning outside now while I write. Worse day I've seen in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

AntiRip wrote: »
    Our electricity only after coming back now after a lightning strike at 3pm. Torrential rain and passing thunderstorms since then. More thunder and lightning outside now while I write. Worse day I've seen in a long time.
    Where ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

km79 wrote: »
    Where ?
    North Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

AntiRip wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Absolutely Massive here in Dublin

Nice display of Mammatus over Galway city in the last hour, heavy shower passing over now, looks like the worst of it is over.

Nice display of Mammatus over Galway city in the last hour, heavy shower passing over now, looks like the worst of it is over.

PHotos!!? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Something very weird just happened here in South East Kerry tonight, there was what sounded like one large gunshot and then a smaller one, I checked out that nothing had fell etc. but I am not convinced on the cause of the noise, I am attributing it to either lightning or a meteorite as it reminded me of a sonic boom. It is not raining so I doubt if it was lightning, a sonic boom maybe?

Stinicker wrote: »
    Something very weird just happened here in South East Kerry tonight, there was what sounded like one large gunshot and then a smaller one, I checked out that nothing had fell etc. but I am not convinced on the cause of the noise, I am attributing it to either lightning or a meteorite as it reminded me of a sonic boom. It is not raining so I doubt if it was lightning, a sonic boom maybe?

Very interesting !
    Car/bike backfire maybe ? but ye a sonic boom from a meteorite could be one of the suspects! .. You should post this too to the Astro forum

PHotos!!? :(

I knew you'd ask for some pictures but I was working and had no phone or camera with me, sorry!

• Advertisement

11z NMM has some convection breaking out in the midlands later. Be one to watch.
    Any cumulus around there atm anyone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement