Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Spring/Summer 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Sorry, looks like thunder to me...
    217406.png

Very humid here indeed.. just back from walking the dog and im sweltering..
    fingers crossed something heads this way later :)

Ian jog my memory, what site is that radar from?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Dublin needs some thunder! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Ian jog my memory, what site is that radar from?

Net weather man.. http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=radarv6;sess=3d7cd90a600e95f2c2f26a77556a48e3

I have the NW Original colour scale on for that view... i think only the premium does the 5min intervals though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

mp22 wrote: »
    There was only heavy rain no thunder. heading north now

217406.png

Up to time of posting I witnessed a flash and eventually a long rumble. According to net weather the strike happened south of Croom and near Brurea Co. Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

Going by the animation on raintoday and netweather, I reckon it's going to miss Dublin, looks like it's headed slightly too far to the west! Gah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I would expect things to start firing up in Leinster soon as increasing instability moves northwards from the south. The Wicklow mountains will probably be the trigger.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

217406.png

No argument from me, except thats 100 k north of my location

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just had two massive strikes of fork lightening south of moate. Unreal flash - so bright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Just had two massive strikes of fork lightening south of moate. Unreal flash - so bright.

Didnt see the lightning but certainly heard thunder. Rolled in from the southwest with quite heavy rain now. Very humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Didnt see the lightning but certainly heard thunder. Rolled in from the southwest with quite heavy rain now. Very humid.
    Wish i was still in the area - on the way to dublin and its very calm and peaceful up this way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Wish i was still in the area - on the way to dublin and its very calm and peaceful up this way

Gone all quiet, there was a brief heavy shower but passed away for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

Heard the rumbles from here, even though far away.
    Nothin since so like monday morn its finished before it even got this far. Feck it.

Well wide of Dublin. Can't see anything bubbling up here, I must say :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Here we go, we have ignition

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Here we go, we have ignition
    Were abouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

• Registered Users Posts: 24,206 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Very heavy shower for about last 5 mins here between Blanch and Lucan, i didnt hear or see any thunder activity but the deluge inundated the drains in about 3 mins flat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

very heavy rain about 30minutes ago in east of county cavan. there was one flash of lightning and one rumble of thunder but that was it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

markie29 wrote: »
    very heavy rain about 30minutes ago in east of county cavan. there was one flash of lightning and one rumble of thunder but that was it.

Precisely one more flash of lightning and one more rumble of thunder than there was here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Very heavy shower for about last 5 mins here between Blanch and Lucan, i didnt hear or see any thunder activity but the deluge inundated the drains in about 3 mins flat

nothing here on this side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Big dark clouds heading for dublin from the naas direction

I'm only up the road from you Weathercheck (Ayrfield) and we had nothing at all. Blue skies and I could see clouds away in the distance.
    Was it up to much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I thought things would be better in the east this evening but the cap proved just that little bit too much for the lift present. Feck it anyway!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

There was a good bit this afternoon for the West, was catching up and came across that bit
    201208171730_eur_zeus.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Yesterday I said thete would be no thunder or lightening within 25 miles, morelike 75 miles, once I got my meds I was out of it, so I don't know.

TA. On that subject a couple of days ago a patient rushed into the ward and asked if we saw that wind n rain ~ I slept through to all "I hate people who sleep through storms" he said ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

gbee wrote: »
    On that subject a couple of days ago a patient rushed into the ward and asked if we saw that wind n rain ~ I slept through to all "I hate people who sleep through storms" he said ;)

You just focus on getting yourself well Gbee and don't be worrying about the weather, there will be plenty more it waiting for you when you are up and well again.

You didn't miss much anyways, a few random strikes dotted around the country although small area of de midlands had a relatively tight cluster of them yesterday eve.

217517.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

A nice active thunderstorm would be nice. But these odd strikes here and there aren't anything special. One crack of thunder can often sound like everyday noise, wheelie bin, ect...

Bring on something special, like the one early morning last week that woke the south central up.

I hear thunder!!!! :D .......... Wait no...... It's The racing on in The Phoenix park! Ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ravomix

i wish i was in the uk now with the 30 plus temps and the promise of spectacular weather(severe thunderstorms)in the next couple of days.

• Advertisement

Ravomix wrote: »
    i wish i was in the uk now with the 30 plus temps and the promise of spectacular weather(severe thunderstorms)in the next couple of days.

Loaded gun situation over there 2moro looks like alright... if the cap breaks its a gonna go BANG!

Not to bad looking for parts of the West and NW here 2moro :).. but ye... DUblin is having a horrible year this year :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement