Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefit to Allowance Back to Education question...

Options
  • 13-03-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

hi all,

any advice here would be appreciated.

i've been getting jobseekers benefits for about 6 months or so now,i recently got a letter saying my credits are running out soon etc...

so i'd need to move to jobseekers allowance when they run out...

i plan on going to college in september and have applied through CAO and done some interviews for PLC...

since i will be moving on to JSA... could this effect my claim for Back to Education Allowance?

as i understand it you need to be in receipt of a certain payment for 9 months or so to qualify.

so seen as im moving to JSA... i would not be receiving that for 9 months before college started but would have been receiving JSB.

sorry if that doesnt make sense. its a toughie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

The qualifying payments include both Jobseekers Benefit and Jobseekers Allowance.

3 months (78 days of unemployment) for the Second Level Option
    9 months (234 days of unemployment) for the Third Level Option

Other info re qualifying criteria here http://www.welfare.ie/en/publications/sw70/pages/abacktoeducationallowancebtea.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

yeah i was just wondering would the time i've been on social welfare be reset to 0 months if i was switching to JSA...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

yeah i was just wondering would the time i've been on social welfare be reset to 0 months if i was switching to JSA...

No it wont reset to 0 months.

Advertisement