Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €250.00 voucher and Get Energised for London 2012!

Options
  • 13-03-2012 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Electric Ireland is proud to sponsor Team Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games in London. To celebrate, we are offering you folks on Boards.ie the chance to win a €250.00 voucher from One4All.

We know at Electric Ireland that the countdown to the Olympic Games is going to slip by very quickly. We are therefore calling on the public to "Get Energised" and embrace the Olympic spirit! Perhaps the €250.00 voucher could be put towards fitness clothing/equipment - with the brighter days and improved weather, it's a great time to get outside and start getting fit! - but it is up to the winner of course whatever they would like to do with it. :)

To be in with a chance of winning the One4All voucher, just post to this thread what outdoor activities you enjoy (keep it tame please! :p) Closing date is in a week's time - the afternoon of 20th March. The winner will be chosen at random. Here are all Electric Ireland Boards.ie competition Terms & Conditions.

All the best,
    Electric Ireland

P.S. We have also launched a Facebook competition app to mark the countdown to the Olympic Games. This fantastic competition offers six people the opportunity to take part in the Get Energised Olympic Challenge in April – a special health and fitness day, featuring experts in fitness and nutrition, offering excellent tips on the most beneficial ways to use your own energy! The winners can bring along a guest each too. More info, and details on how to enter, on Electric Ireland's Facebook. :)

FBbannerOlympics.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

Walking and cycling mainly. Also enjoy a picnic or barbecue when the weather's nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

I like to get the kids out with their friends and other mammies for a good game of rounders, followed by a picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 taldar

Gotta be a BBQ when the sun is shining although the best BBQ I was ever at was when it was lashing rain!! Also a bit of cycling with the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Twixster

I love going for a walk when the evenings get brighter :) You know its the start of spring as you see loads of people walking/jogging/running and everyone is in high spirits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

I love walking and cycling :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

emmabo25 wrote: »
    I love walking and cycling :)
    I love picnics in the park

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brettg

Ah yes, that would be hillwalking for me.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

walking the doggies

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KCW

Walking, football, and running. Not quite to Olympic levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭satya

Walking and cycling mainly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ttt3

has to be walking,and jogging...love to do both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

BBQ with a few beers! Also sightseeing and walking around, nice to get a bit of fresh air

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Running:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cycling on summer evening, or walking the dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Getting into to the Sea on a warm-ish day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seany76

my activites are rather sedate
    have a picnic in a park with my mate
    like to people watch on a sunny day
    anything more active theres no way
    so maybe if i win this prize
    i will a fitness regime organise
    could buy myself some good running shoes
    though have a feeling it might go on booze
    i am messing cant you tell
    but a new tracksuit would do me well
    so though no more active would i be
    people would think it when they saw me

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Since Dublin Bikes Launched, I've started cycling around the city :)

(yes, i am one of those people :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

When I pluck up the courage to go outside, I like to try my hand at a bit of...

Cycling
    6834680736_c93cb8c8e2.jpg

Hawking
    6834675442_059010033e.jpg

Elephant washing
    6834674484_2a0f470b4e.jpg

And some abseiling
    6980803245_849c4d8a14.jpg

Preferably all in the same day if I take a long lunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

After years of playing sports like tennis and basketball my poor knees have decided enough is enough, so it's only walking and a little bit of cycling these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shinobi2600

i enjoy evening walks and raquetball

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Psychobabble

On the tame side, but I love walking and gardening, particularly now the weather is getting nicer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Yes, pictures are indeed allowed! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Flying a kite with the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Walking up the mountains with my family and dog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sparkyboy1971

It is true when they say life begins at 40...
    I gave up smoking last year when i turned 40, since then i have come out of retiremwent and am back playign rugby with Navan FRC J4's. Out trainign 2 nights a week and playign at the weekend. Yes it takes longer to recover but i love it...

I am also runnign 5 Km's the dats i am not trainign and aiming to run the Marathon this year for Cancer research...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

A bit of walking every now and then is quite nice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Walking, golf, rugby, GAA, soccer, gardening and (as I've just picked up a new bike) cycling.

I'm just out to cut the lawn for the first time this year now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

for me it is either getting out for a walk with the dogs (i love watching them enjoy themselves). or when the weather permits i love to go for a swim in the sea. it is so much better than chlorinated pool water :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Training for a half marathon at the moment... happy to see a stretch in daylight after work!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement