Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a Jet Ski Forum?

• 13-03-2012 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a Jet Ski form?

Just getting the ski ready for the first run in a long while, It's 2 years since it's seen some good action, just wondering what I should be checking and servicing before taking it out? It's a 2 stroke. Does petrol go off, should I drain it etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

There isn't, but please feel free to request one here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Put in the resquest sure we'll see how it goes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

In the meantime I would drain the tank and strip down the carb, petrol can go off and pull in moisture when left sitting and may also cause a buildup of varnish in the carb.

Cheers I was looking at the tank last night but i'm a bit baffled as how to get the petrol out, it's not gravity fed and I can't see an hose coming off the bottom of the petrol tank I can drain. The last time I got petrol out of something it involved a hose and a lot of sucking. Any ideas?

Edit:
    Sorry just on the carbs, she's starting on the button and revving freely with not to much smoke, do I still need to stip them?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

IF your happy with it should be ok, at the end of each season fill the tank leaving enough room for a bottle of stabilizer and run it into the engine that should protect it over the winter.
    If you can you find the fuel line going into the carb disconnect and see if you can pump it into a bottle.
    What make, model and year is it.

• Advertisement

a 97 xp, just found this video of one:D,
    Had running with the hose this evening and it seems to be good to go.

A yes I used to have one back in the day :D I still have the SELOC repair manual for it and you are welcome to it if you want to drop out for it.

007.jpg

She's a beauty:D

Cheers for the offer but found the service manual online. Just need to get it out now and hope she stays upright.

Advertisement