Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genuine Psychics in Dublin area

Options
  • 13-03-2012 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi just wondering if anybody knows of any really good psychics in the dublin area? I have been to see a man called Adam Schmitz in Santry and was left very disappointed as I felt that the reading was just rubbish and I hav always wanted to see an accurate one as I am in need of some guidence at the minute, thanks!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Ciara M26 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anybody knows of any really good psychics in the dublin area? I have been to see a man called Adam Schmitz in Santry and was left very disappointed as I felt that the reading was just rubbish and I hav always wanted to see an accurate one as I am in need of some guidence at the minute, thanks!
    :D

I recommend either Dympna Hughes in Walkinstown, or Noel O'Shea in the Phoenix Park. Dympna charges €80 though, which is obviously exorbitant. Having said that, she does deliver - otherwise, I'd be quick to denigrate her (because of the fee). She'll spend roughly 30 minutes with you, which isn't much, I know, but she gets to the point. She's primarily a medium, but she gives you future predictions (she's been right about a couple of things with me so far) and tidbits of advice as well. She doesn't record the reading for you, BTW. There's also usually a three month waiting list to see her.

Noel in the Phoenix Park (where he works as a tree surgeon - the day job) will spend about two hours doing a reading for you. He reads your palm and some ordinary playing cards in an in-depth way. I don't think he does any mediumship - he's more about reading you, your life and your future. Also, he only reads for a person once - if you go to him for a reading, you can't return for another one in future. I think this is because he wants to give people the tools/advice/info to benefit and shape their own lives for the better (self-empowerment) rather than use him as a crutch repeatedly. Something like that. I haven't been to him myself but I've been reliably informed he's a nice bloke, takes his time with the reading and is quite good where predictions are concerned (I'm using three people I know as examples for that, BTW).

Anyway, both of their numbers can be found in the psychics directory on paranormal.ie: http://www.paranormal.ie/directory.html

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

€160 an hour, wow. How do I get in to this business. Not much work going in my current line of work and I desperately need the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭river1

Maire Just of henry street on henry place is very very good. have you been to her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

tuxy wrote: »
    €160 an hour, wow. How do I get in to this business. Not much work going in my current line of work and I desperately need the cash.
    Plenty of info on the internet on how its done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ciara M26

Thanks everyone for the suggestions I shall take them into consideration River1 is she good? I've never heard of her and I'm more so looking for someone to give me a reading of the future and guidence more so then a medium, Also has anybody else been to see 'Psychic Adam In Santry?" His website under his testimonials is very very misleading and I just wish I had of heard more about him before I seen him as there's not many posts aboout him and I'd love to see what others thought of him:s:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's simple, just part with any morals you have and you're there, either that or develop a mental illness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

CiaranC wrote: »
    Plenty of info on the internet on how its done

Should I use free info available on the net or is buying some books on cold reading a good investment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

There are no genuine Psychics I'm afraid. At least none which have been willing to prove it in a scientific manner. Probably why all 'psychic' hotlines now have to advertise the fact that it's just an entertainment line.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

Nearly been to them all in Dublin city and to be honest i'd have been better off spending the money on fortune cookies. Apart from a couple of interesting "hits" most were just genearlised rubbish.

Where did you get the €160 figure from? The woman charges €80 (which, yes, is crazy money for that).

• Advertisement

Where did you get the €160 figure from? The woman charges €80 (which, yes, is crazy money for that).
    You said she'll spend 30 minutes with you, there are 60 minutes in an hour.

2 x 80 = 160.

You said she'll spend 30 minutes with you, there are 60 minutes in an hour.

2 x 80 = 160.

I don't require a simple maths lesson from you.

I don't know where you read that she charges €160. She charges people €80 for the reading, whether that reading takes 30 minutes or 40 minutes.

Now, is that too tricky to understand?

dlofnep wrote: »
    There are no genuine Psychics I'm afraid. At least none which have been willing to prove it in a scientific manner.

Where have you been for the last 20 years (or however long you've been on this planet)? There have been at least a dozen scientific tests conducted on people claiming to have psychic ability/powers (Uri Geller underwent extensive testing, for example - that's well-known by most people).

I'm too lazy to do your homework for you right now (and I've gotten into this type of discussion many a time in the past - so, yawn), but there's a lot of info out there if you make the effort to look for it.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that all of those tests were 100% successful, but I'm saying that tests have been done.

There's a piece here about the British Ministry of Defence testing psychics in the past: http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/extrasensory-perceptions/uk-psychic.htm Russia was well into using and/or testing psychics before as well, especially during the Cold War era.

The FBI had a psychic named Pat Price on its payroll for at least 20 years as well - apparently he helped them by utilising his remote viewing skills to locate crime scenes, victims, perpetrators, etc.

I don't require a simple maths lesson from you.

I don't know where you read that she charges €160. She charges people €80 for the reading, whether that reading takes 30 minutes or 40 minutes.

Now, is that too tricky to understand?
    You said she charges €80 for a reading and you said that she'll spend 30 minutes with you. This equals €160 per hour.

I'm don't know why you're acting so sensitively about it tbh.
    Dympna charges €80 though, which is obviously exorbitant. Having said that, she does deliver - otherwise, I'd be quick to denigrate her (because of the fee). She'll spend roughly 30 minutes with you, which isn't much, I know, but she gets to the point.

You said she charges €80 for a reading and you said that she'll spend 30 minutes with you. This equals €160 per hour.

I'm don't know why you're acting so sensitively about it tbh.

"Sensitively," lol. I just hate dealing with people who take forever to cop on.

Nobody, at any point,said that this lady's readings have a duration of one hour, so that idea is your own creation. Even if the reading somehow took one hour, Dympna would still charge the person €80.

The reading costs €80, regardless of how long it all takes. End of.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thread closed as it had veered wildly off topic into discussion of a particular readers finances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement