Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you know anyone who is in prison?

Comments

Sindri wrote: »
    Yeah, it was more a satirical reference to the fact that if your from a working class background or come from a bad area you're more likely to be convicted and receive a longer sentence.

Ah, so because I am from a working class family I'm probably a knacker. Okey dokey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Ah, so because I am from a working class family I'm probably a knacker. Okey dokey.

I think you misread ;) try again. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My uncle Paulie and cousin Jimmy Hatchet Man Morello. Nice guys just misunderstood, they sell olive oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    What sort of stuff does he post?

"Me hoop is killing me again today"

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cassElliot

lastlaugh wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

If you know someone who is a pr!ck, does that make you one aswell?

check and mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I've 2 cousins in prison. One In Tegucigalpa in Honduras for drug trafficking. He's a member of some Mexican gang. My other one is in a prison in Oklahoma for armed robbery. He's also affiliated with some gang. Feckin Latinos.

I'm also pretty sure some friends I've had from high school ended up in prison.

cassElliot wrote: »
    check and mate

Don't know about that ;) I destroyed with my ingeniously satirical jape at her apparently unintentional subscription to Cartesian doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Slightly off topic, but I know of someone who is a prison officer. About 3 years ago she was caught riding an inmate. She was suspended for a period of time, but is now back in her original role. Some system eh!

You imply (and then state) that you could only know someone in prison if you were a knacker. Then you say that if you are from a working class area you are more likely to to be convicted of a crime - implying then that you would have to be from a working class area to know someone in prison - thereby indicating that you believe that people from working class backgrounds are knackers - no?

Maybe I got it wrong, and if so I'm sure you'll be happy to clear it up ;)
    No because I'm not a knacker.
    Yes, yes it does. :)
    Yeah, it was more a satirical reference to the fact that if your from a working class background or come from a bad area you're more likely to be convicted and receive a longer sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Fizman wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but I know of someone who is a prison officer. About 3 years ago she was caught riding an inmate. She was suspended for a period of time, but is now back in her original role. Some system eh!

I think I saw that movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Don't know, and have never known, anyone who went to prison.

You people are all riff raff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Don't know, and have never known, anyone who went to prison.

You people are all riff raff.

Maybe you have lead a sheltered life or don't know many people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

hondasam wrote: »
    Maybe you have lead a sheltered life or don't know many people.

Possibly both. But the view from my ivory tower is LOVELY :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My dad. And a couple of ex teachers.

You imply (and then state) that you could only know someone in prison if you were a knacker. Then you say that if you are from a working class area you are more likely to to be convicted of a crime - implying then that you would have to be from a working class area to know someone in prison - thereby indicating that you believe that people from working class backgrounds are knackers - no?

Maybe I got it wrong, and if so I'm sure you'll be happy to clear it up ;)

Nope, your interpreting as you'd like it to be.

Simples. :)

I don't know how the above can be interpreted as anything other than a prejudice of juridical executions towards the working class. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

My cousin was sent up to prison but when he got there the prison was full. He was given the money for a bus home and no more was said about it. I couldn't believe it when I heard it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Have you got any more tall tales ?

Aoifey! wrote: »
    My cousin was sent up to prison but when he got there the prison was full. He was given the money for a bus home and no more was said about it. I couldn't believe it when I heard it.

Nor can I , presume it was for a road offence and not murder. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Allround Predator

Nope, your interpreting as you'd like it to be.

Simples. :)

I don't know how the above can be interpreted as anything other than a prejudice of juridical executions towards the working class. :)

You seem to think if you know someone in prison that you must be a knacker, is that not prejudice??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Bambi wrote: »
    "Me hoop is killing me again today"
    Ah, the rape jokes. I was wondering how long it would take.
    I'm probably getting old and grouchy but you'd never see people making the same jokes about women getting raped (anyway, it really isn't that common in Irish prisons) .

Don't know about that ;) I destroyed with my ingeniously satirical jape at her apparently unintentional subscription to Cartesian doubt.

Why do you write like a 14-year old who just discovered his first thesaurus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

hondasam wrote: »
    Nor can I , presume it was for a road offence and not murder. :D

Driving without insurance and under the influence I believe :p

I know a few folk who are in custody at the moment, lads who I'd know but wouldn't be friends with as such. It's quite sad really seeing folk go down that road, all seems fine for them than all of a sudden it changes so quickly and they're doing a stint inside for a good few years.

For the vast majority the old saying crime doesn't pay does hold true, either the justice system or business rivals will get you eventually.

JayRoc wrote: »
    I'm probably getting old and grouchy but you'd never see people making the same jokes about women getting raped (anyway, it really isn't that common in Irish prisons) .

Why do you write like a 14-year old who just discovered his first thesaurus?

It's called intellectual prowess. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Domo230 wrote: »
    Whats with all the teachers going to jail??

Kiddie fiddling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

My neighbours just back from 6months in prision, think it had something to do with him selling dodgey cars outside the house but not sure to be honest.
    I'm glad he's back, his family were a nightmare while he was gone- parties and trashing the street non stop. Now he's back and things are quiet again- funny how he's the nicest out of all of them living in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

My brother was in for a year last year. Got what he deserved really. Said it was like a hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Why are you retorting, I'm wondering?! Genuine question. You have a troop of posters gunning for you and you seem to have run out of witty replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

As Tina Arena used to sing " baby baby I'm in chains"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Seachmall wrote: »
    I think I saw that movie.
    Have you got any more tall tales ?

I'm actually not kidding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

JayRoc wrote: »

About fifteen minutes or thereabouts :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

My cousin was in prison for a very short while. For assault. Bit of a scandal in the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

du Maurier wrote: »
    Why are you retorting, I'm wondering?! Genuine question. You have a troop of posters gunning for you and you seem to have run out of witty replies.

Are we sure Sindri isn't a prisoner themselves?* 2350 posts in approx. three months. La-hooser.

*by prison I mean parent's basement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

eviltwin wrote: »
    Yep. Its weird. I never would have expected this person to do what they did - child sexual abuse. Never saw a single sign, never saw it coming. We come from a decent family, my parents would be the type to go back to the shop if they got a cent too much back in their change. It has torn our family apart, half took the side of the victim, half still believe the abuser is innocent so for all the snide jokes the reality is pretty horrible for all concerned. Of course his victim is the one really suffering and I just hope she is finding a way to move on with her life.

Same thing happened in my family its still under the rug but if it came out some would side with him so the victim has to cut everyone off and is now the enemy so it doesn't matter anymore, Glad the person you mentioned went to prison but still terrible, the victim shouldn't have to be around people who are going to them a hard time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MLM1

eviltwin wrote: »
    I do. Not in prison yet but will be hopefully soon. Its a sibling who has committed a horrific crime against a person and I never want to speak to him again. He is dead to me.

Makes your username a tad ironic.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Fiszman wrote: »

:) So that what the judge means when he says your going for a long ride :);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm actually not kidding.

If she was caught doing what you say then she would be a liability to the staff. She would never be retained in that service. She would be a threat and would be searched every day several times before being dismissed for improper behaviour after being convicted in court of course.
    The only way she would still be there is if they could not prove their case, witnesses refusing to testify, but I feel she would have been transferred to another prison and be well watched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Found out recently that all of my distant relatives on one side of the family are really dodgy, half of them are in jail. Also my friend from primary school's dad is in jail for running brothels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Do you know anyone who is a criminal and if so how do you feel about it? Were you shocked when you heard? Are they your friends or even your own family? If they have been sentenced, do you feel it was just?

Yep :(

He was a pr*ck though.

Haven't spoken to him in about 2 years... he could be locked up now again for all I care ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

2 brothers I know got sent down 2 years ago for murdering a rival drug dealer. The poor guy got his throat slit, the GMP( Gtr Manc Police) kept it away from the media for fear it would provoke race riots.

• Advertisement

chirogirl wrote: »
    2 brothers I know got sent down 2 years ago for murdering a rival drug dealer. The poor guy got his throat slit, the GMP( Gtr Manc Police) kept it away from the media for fear it would provoke race riots.

No danger anyone will read it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Met this charmer a few times as a youngster. Makes my skin creep knowing what a vile shít he is.
    He signed 227 pleas, 103 of indecent assault, 24 of sex assault and the remainder were charges of different forms of rape including oral rape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Currently two sisters I know are locked up....one for murder and the other for drug smuggling. Also know another lad away for attempted murder with a shotgun and another away for a very long time for rape and murder.
    known many over the years jailed for drugs/robbery offences but then i did come from a rough area so it was kinda the norm to know some of these people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Chap I went to school with is doing his second stretch for GBH or agrivated assault or whatever it's called...
    Didn't surprise me a bit as he was always a nasty piece of work..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Charlie Manson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

How sick would ya be if ya were sitting around telling stories in the canteen, one guy is in for slitting a guys throat, one for murder, one for drug smuggling etc, then it came to you and all you could say is....."Well I asked a supplier to put apples on the box instead of garlic"

ColHol wrote: »
    "Well I asked a supplier to put apples on the box instead of garlic"
    "How long did you get?"

"Six years."

"...BWWWWWWWWWWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!! Go on, really though..."

"..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Yes, I know several who have been or are in Prison.
    Does anyone seriously believe that having been in prison means that a person is pure bad and can never do good, be good, or amount to anything?

lividduck wrote: »
    Does anyone seriously believe that having been in prison means that a person is pure bad and can never do good, be good, or amount to anything?

Hope not, but there's always some fukc-knuckle who thinks these things. Drugs possession and fines... Even the guy who bought my childhood home was in for tax evasion... That's not something I'd hold against someone.

I think everyone knows rape/murder/etc are indicators of genuine kuntishness (though certain murders are understandable).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I grew up with a friend who slowly, bit by bit entered a life of crime. Because it was so gradual and he knew I didn't want to know about this exploits which he did not tell me, I didn't really notice or care. Then boom busted... 9 years. He got out after 6.

Nice bloke but got into smack inside and have barley seen him since he got out.

Crime does not pay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement