Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toughest Division

Options
  • 13-03-2012 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I think we have a new hardest division in the league the NFC East.

Current Standings are Cowboys and Eagles 5-3. Giants and Redskins 3-5.

What a Difference a game makes? A slip up by the top teams could leave this division tied by Saturday.

Some Key games in the Second half of the Season.

Cowboys and Eagles play twice week 12 and week 16. With both games most likely sealing the fate of the division.

Week 14 and 16. Eagles Play the so far undefeated Cardinals and Jets. Hopefully them having remained undefeated some of there starters might be resting.

Week 13 Giants who could all going well be vying for the top spot in the division. If I remember correctly they had a strong 2nd season to come within one game of winning the division.9

Only two easyish games are against the Dolphins and Rams. Tough Times ahead.

Cowboys certainly have the easier schedule.

But all teams have a good chance to defeat them. Eagles will be looking to knock the cowboys over twice to keep the Top Dog position. Relying on ET to stay strong and push for the top spot. Really hoping the 49ers keep there flying form and Jamal Charles tears up the cowboys.

The Giants are in a great position to top the division the next 4 games are against the Redskins, Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles. Victory in these will see the Giants surge to 7-5 and with the cowboys and eagles playing in that time frame could leave the giants atop the Division.

Then to finish there season like the Eagles will play the Jets and 49ers two of the best NFL team and the Bills and Lions both going for the wildcard spots.

I see 6 games I can win leaving me 11 and 5. But will settle for a 9-7 record hopefully securing a wildcard.

Who does the betting man pick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

empacher wrote: »

I see 6 games I can win leaving me 11 and 5. But will settle for a 9-7 record hopefully securing a wildcard.

Leaving aside which is the toughest division. Personally i think its the AFC North. 9-7 will not get a wildcard spot in the NFC . The 49ers and the Bears are both on 7 win already and i see them both winning more than 2 games for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah, its awful. I have a 4-4 record and I know that 1 more loss could seal my fate and I won't make the playoffs for the first time since the Boards Madden Franchise has taken off :(

DAVE - Nice sig, you should put a link in there though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wouldn't necessarily think it's the toughest division, but I think it is definitely the closest (alongside the AFC North) and most of the players in it seem to be of a similar standard (I've had a couple of close games with the Eagles in friendlies, same with the Giants judging by that franchise game we had a couple of days ago).

I agree with Dave on the wildcard spots. I think the division will have to be won to get a play-off spot. It'll be the Packers/Bears from the NFC North and the Cardinals/49ers from the NFC West that get those spots IMO.

It's great to have another tight division with players of a similar standard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Leaving aside which is the toughest division. Personally i think its the AFC North. 9-7 will not get a wildcard spot in the NFC . The 49ers and the Bears are both on 7 win already and i see them both winning more than 2 games for the rest of the season

yeah, no way a 9-7 record get a team into the NFC play offs this season. It'll probably do for the AFC though.

As for toughest division, that's probably the NFC North or NFC West. Just look at what you need to do to get out of those divisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Typical NFC East, always thinking you're the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Might seem biased but I'd have to say the AFC North.
    All three of us genuinely have a chance have winning the division.

You could nearly be sure that the wildcards in the NFC will be the runners up from Bears/Packers and Cards/Niners

Then again, maybe the fact that Berty has only allowed 8.6 points per game means it is a AFC East :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

It's clearly the AFC North

Three teams all pushing for the division title.

The division winner is strong in the playoffs, division winner Bengals advanced to AFC Championship game last season and the year before that, division winner Ravens won the wildcard game before losing to the mighty Jets in the divisional round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Got to be the NFC North :p Even the CPU team has Tom Brady so their tough to play against!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

empacher wrote: »
    I think we have a new hardest division in the league the NFC East.

Current Standings are Cowboys and Eagles 5-3. Giants and Redskins 3-5.

Only two easyish games are against the Dolphins and Rams. Tough Times ahead.

But all teams have a good chance to defeat them. Eagles will be looking o stay strong and push for the top spot. Really hoping the 49ers keep there flying form and Jamal Charles tears up the cowboys.

Hey! That there's fighting talk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

mikemac1 wrote: »
    It's clearly the AFC North

Three teams all pushing for the division title.

The division winner is strong in the playoffs, division winner Bengals advanced to AFC Championship game last season and the year before that, division winner Ravens won the wildcard game before losing to the mighty Jets in the divisional round

Very tough division this year, maybe not the best division, but could be toughest to get out of.
    Browns have a chance to join Ravens and Bengals at 4-5 as they play the Texans this week, big test of their division credentials.
    Then it's the Ravens turn to play the Texans, as Bengals face the high-flying 49ers, and Browns play Seahawks before the division-deciding weeks come up:
    Bengals v. Ravens, Bengals v. Browns, Bengals v. Ravens

Maybe the NFL schedulers weren't so harsh on the Ravens and Bengals with the early road-trips, have gone 0-3 and 1-2 respectively at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

As much as I would like to say I'm in the toughest division in football I think it's the NFC North. The Packers and The Bears both are 7-2 and The Lions are 4-4, if DeSean had stayed healthy, that record would defo been different.

I agree with Paully tho, all the players in the East seem to be a similar quality, so it makes the division very intersting.

When you think about which players are in what division, there is no easy one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Jett Scary Spike

im gona bump this up interesting convo i think the nfc east the other 3 lads are very good and im ok i think not having a cpu team has to put us near the top

Advertisement