Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrite in Naas

Options
  • 13-03-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Short story is I am buying a house in Naas.
    The booking deposit is paid. Does anybody know of any pyrite (not pirate :)) issues in Naas. Pyrite testing is an expensive process that can take months

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

I've worked in Naas for 12 years (with many people from Naas) and have never heard of any pyrite issues in the town, or anywhere else in Kildare for that matter. This reply does NOT purport to be a guarantee of a pyrite-free purchase however! The last housing developments to be built in Naas are a few years old now, so you could always try asking a few prospective neighbours if they have experienced any subsidence problems tho......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Living here 16 yr..never heard of it..where's the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Pyrite was something that was used mostly during the celtic tiger years, if the property is a bit older then it's fairly unlikely it was used. You could look around at other houses in the area to see if there are any cracks developing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I have never heard of it in the area either.

Maybe ring a few local engineering practices (that do house surveys) and ask them if it is a known problem.

Advertisement