Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Dublin

Options
  • 13-03-2012 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this already. I'm looking for fun things to do in Dublin City that doesn't involve alcohol (not a big drinker) at night. I'm an avid cinema goer but even that can get boring after a while.

Any suggestions ??

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

KTRIC wrote: »
    I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this already. I'm looking for fun things to do in Dublin City that doesn't involve alcohol (not a big drinker) at night. I'm an avid cinema goer but even that can get boring after a while.

Any suggestions ??

There's a good selection of theatre around, although it can be relatively expensive. I'm a big fan of the Gate Theatre.

There's also comedy and music - these would normally take place in areas where alcohol is available, though, is that a no-no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

TrueDub wrote: »
    There's a good selection of theatre around, although it can be relatively expensive. I'm a big fan of the Gate Theatre.

There's also comedy and music - these would normally take place in areas where alcohol is available, though, is that a no-no?

I'm not a fan of the theatre myself and I'd liken it to the whole cinema experience.

Comedy clubs are great, I've been to a couple but as you said they're in pubs or clubs, the type of place I want to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

How about the laughter lounge? I know they serve alcohol but it is specifically set up as a comedy club rather than a comedy night in a pub or club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Milk and Cookies is on tonight in the exchange
    Just a non-profit group that gets together and tells stories. People bake and bring it with them and you make a donation at the door.
    I enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this already.

Probably because there's a whole forum for stuff like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Any suggestions ??

bewleys is good

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Without wanting to sound overly cranky, what you can do in dublin at night is similar to what you can do in most other cities: music, comedy, dining, theatre/drama and drinking.

Other than that, take up a hobby: snooker, night classes, gambling blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Bambi wrote: »
    Without wanting to sound overly cranky, what you can do in dublin at night is similar to what you can do in most other cities: music, comedy, dining, theatre/drama and drinking.

Other than that, take up a hobby: snooker, night classes, gambling blah blah

in fairness this is not quite true. Dublin and Ireland in general is very much alcohol centred. very hard find a decent cafe open after 6pm. bewleys is one of the few options.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Fuinseog wrote: »
    very hard find a decent cafe open after 6pm. bewleys is one of the few options.

Cafe di Napoli, Carluccios, Fixx. And thats just in one neighborhood.

As you were gents :P

Advertisement