Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something not right here

Options
  • 13-03-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

Had 2 Laptops on today just before the Arkle with Boyles & PP Websites, Betfair on the Phone & TV on watching the betting.
    On the show all bookies prices should be the same as they all use the show from the course.
    Al Ferof prices went like this:
    Boyles prices went from 7/2 to 10/3, PP still 7/2.
    This lasted for about 1 1/2 minutes.
    Show was 7/2, moved to 10/3 PP moved to 10/3, Boyles remained the same.
    Boyles then moved to 3/1, PP still 10/3, 60 seconds later show moved to 3/1, PP followed, Boyles remained the same.
    Boyles then went 11/4, PP stayed at 3/1 for another 30 seconds, couldn't see the show.
    PP then went 11/4.
    Boyles & PP then pushed to 3/1 on the off.
    Would this have anything to do with Boyles Money Back on the race 2nd Money Back?
    PP had a Money Back All Losers if Sprinter won so didn't matter what price the rest were as it was all Money Back.
    I assume the main horse being backed for the Money Backs by punters was Al Ferof so if Boyles were laying it, they were trying to lay it at a smaller price, this was online & phones only?
    I refreshed both laptops at the same time so there shouldn't have been any delay.
    Anybody else find it strange?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Had 2 Laptops on today just before the Arkle with Boyles & PP Websites, Betfair on the Phone & TV on watching the betting.
    On the show all bookies prices should be the same as they all use the show from the course.
    Al Ferof prices went like this:
    Boyles prices went from 7/2 to 10/3, PP still 7/2.
    This lasted for about 1 1/2 minutes.
    Show was 7/2, moved to 10/3 PP moved to 10/3, Boyles remained the same.
    Boyles then moved to 3/1, PP still 10/3, 60 seconds later show moved to 3/1, PP followed, Boyles remained the same.
    Boyles then went 11/4, PP stayed at 3/1 for another 30 seconds, couldn't see the show.
    PP then went 11/4.
    Boyles & PP then pushed to 3/1 on the off.
    Would this have anything to do with Boyles Money Back on the race 2nd Money Back?
    PP had a Money Back All Losers if Sprinter won so didn't matter what price the rest were as it was all Money Back.
    I assume the main horse being backed for the Money Backs by punters was Al Ferof so if Boyles were laying it, they were trying to lay it at a smaller price, this was online & phones only?
    I refreshed both laptops at the same time so there shouldn't have been any delay.
    Anybody else find it strange?

To my knowledge, board prices in shops, will vary from on course bookmakers.

There is not an instantaneous alignment of prices between the on course bookmakers and the high street shops.

Each of the major bookies will have an employee at the race course who monitors the prices that the bookies are offering. Feeds this info back to HQ who then changes the board price in shops.

But thats down to the bookies themselves, there is always going to be a slight variation and time delay.

For example, the price a horse is "returned at" is determined by the average price that the on course bookies were offering "at the off".

As such, its not a precise science, there will be variations all the time. Even internet prices with Ladbrokes for example, will vary from the prices that the high street shops are offering.

Not sure if this answers your question..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Don't think you're right.
    All shops use the SIS shows so all prices should be the exact same from the opening show to the SP.
    The SIS representative takes an average price (I'd assume the Top 10 or 20) and relays this back to HQ who then pass this onto all Retail bookies.
    When the opening show comes in, you should have the same price in every bookie shop in Dublin, Cork, Limerick or wherever and doesn't matter if you are in Boyles, PP, Lads, Hacketts etc.
    My point was the shows on 2 different bookie websites at the same were different for far too long a time to be accidential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Don't think you're right.
    All shops use the SIS shows so all prices should be the exact same from the opening show to the SP.
    The SIS representative takes an average price (I'd assume the Top 10 or 20) and relays this back to HQ who then pass this onto all Retail bookies.
    When the opening show comes in, you should have the same price in every bookie shop in Dublin, Cork, Limerick or wherever and doesn't matter if you are in Boyles, PP, Lads, Hacketts etc.
    My point was the shows on 2 different bookie websites at the same were different for far too long a time to be accidential.

I see what you mean. But are the individual bookies not allowed to determine their own prices at any time? Like the morning prices?

Advertisement