Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1100 Build

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

From the ones there, Gainward is fine. The only advantage EVGA realistically gives you is that they cover waterblocks, and they have a ten year warranty (though I doubt you'll keep it ten years) The rest should have at least three, if not five.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

Serephucus wrote: »
    From the ones there, Gainward is fine. The only advantage EVGA realistically gives you is that they cover waterblocks, and they have a ten year warranty (though I doubt you'll keep it ten years) The rest should have at least three, if not five.

cheers. I think I'll go with the PNY from komplett. Gonna order now

actually msi any different? i see komplett have a gtx680 by them

Not really, no. With reference cards, it pretty much is just the warranty to look for. PNY have three, I think, and MSI are (again, I think) the same. You can google for it and I'm sure you'll find the info.

Not really, no. With reference cards, it pretty much is just the warranty to look for. PNY have three, I think, and MSI are (again, I think) the same. You can google for it and I'm sure you'll find the info.

yeah both three but also something about limited lifetime warranty if you register within 90 days of pruchase

• Advertisement

Well yeah, they go with whoever have the lifetime warranty I suppose.

And ordered! cheers for all the help

what would these be like as a drive for gaming and music while the OS is on SSD. Looking to pick up 2 and run in Raid 1. I know caviar black are the ones to go for but a little out of price range and I have had terrible history / experiences with seagate

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/intern_3_5_/20082004/wd_2tb_3_5_sata_600_intellipower_64mb/details.aspx

finally got this built last night and absolutely delighted with it..... until the sound card arrived. I cant put it anywhere because of the design of the motherboard. No matter where i put it is blocked by the power socket to the board or that and blocking all the sata ports. Really surprised the board would be made like this? Any solutions or am i doomed to have ****ty audio? Or is returning it and getting a standard pci-card my only solution?

7969b802.jpg

It goes in the very top PCI-E x1 slot there. It'll be above the SATA ports.

• Advertisement

It goes in the very top PCI-E x1 slot there. It'll be above the SATA ports.

still goes over power to the board a bit

c3492c19.jpg

Ah, didn't notice that. Crap.

You should just be able to use the second PCI-E x16 slot for your graphics card. The sound card can then sit in the third PCI-E x1.

Ah, didn't notice that. Crap.

You should just be able to use the second PCI-E x16 slot for your graphics card. The sound card can then sit in the third PCI-E x1.

It only has one PCI-E x16 slot

Herr derr... brain fart, sorry, my bad.

I hate to say it, but you're stuck. Unless you want to watercool your graphics card, it doesn't look like you could fit it in. You could either:

Return the sound card for a shorter one.
    Return the board for an Exreme3 Gen3 (would have multiple PCI-E slots, might fit)
    Watercool GPU.

Herr derr... brain fart, sorry, my bad.

I hate to say it, but you're stuck. Unless you want to watercool your graphics card, it doesn't look like you could fit it in. You could either:

Return the sound card for a shorter one.
    Return the board for an Exreme3 Gen3 (would have multiple PCI-E slots, might fit)
    Watercool GPU.

im just gonna flog the card on adverts and maybe a shorter one or possibly the stand pci version of it rather than the pci express version

Advertisement