Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flogas to airtricity and back to flogas

Options
  • 13-03-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I have gas now with flogas and I am paying through direct debit but they are offering direct debit 15% off only for 6 months so I have only 7% off at the moment.

I would like to ask if somebody know if I switch from flogas to different provider and then back after 1 month back to flogas if I will get 15% off as new customer for another 6 months.

Or if I need to cancel my flogas account and open new one with my name of my wife to get it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

You need to get on to flogas and ask why you are only getting 6 months at 15% discount. That discount is supposed to be for 12 months at the VERY least. The discount could continue after that, its not a certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

djrichard wrote: »
    You need to get on to flogas and ask why you are only getting 6 months at 15% discount. That discount is supposed to be for 12 months at the VERY least. The discount could continue after that, its not a certain.

The minimum period is 6 months according to their website
    Terms and conditions apply. Rates valid for a minimum period of 6 months. Offer available to new customers only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

If I were you, Id change to someone else then. Ive been selling the stuff door to door since Spetember, every customer has been told the savings are for 1 year. Thats what we were told in the training. Im shocked to find this out and Im going to make a big deal about this because I have lied to every customer without realising. Having said that, it says minimum, it doesnt say maximum. Im still getting the saving and Ive been with them longer than 6 months now. It seems to me to be a sneaky way to seem cheaper when all the other suppliers give the discounts for 12 months.

Im going to contact bonkers.ie now and inform them to update their website as they show "ANNUAL" savings based on receiving that discount for a 12 month period. If it transpires that the discount is only for 6 months and then reverts back to the standard Bord Gais rate, then they have also been inadvertantly misleading customers.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mirec

well I have switched in March 2012 so I should have that discount until now but when I spoke to flogas customer care they told me that it was valid for only 6 months and they took that discount in october (probably to get more money off me during the winter season). So I have told them that I am going to switch and they at least gave me 4.451 before tax as now they were charging me 4.688 before tax so it seems I could save a lot this winter if I have switched in October 2011.

Advertisement