Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problems with facebook for android

• 13-03-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

hi
    anyone know wat the story is with facebook for android, the app is totally useless, takes ages to load and wen it does shows no pics or videos watsoever!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

thread moved to our android forum.
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Works fine for me on either my SG2 or Galaxy Nexus. No problems whatsover.

cat2012 wrote: »
    hi
    anyone know wat the story is with facebook for android, the app is totally useless, takes ages to load and wen it does shows no pics or videos watsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cat2012

problems only started with it about two months ago, using xperia 8 myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It takes quite a while to work on both my Desire and my Tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Yip

there was an update last night.
    maybe that will help or you could try friendcaster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

both facebook and friendcaster are some of the worst apps for me on my gal s1 running on 2.2

ive updated it every time there is an update, also tried uninstaling and re installing it again, makes no difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

It's been slow as hell with me for a few weeks now. Last night's update helped a bit though... I think.

deman wrote: »
    It's been slow as hell with me for a few weeks now. Last night's update helped a bit though... I think.

i thought it helped too for a while but no, still ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭NJS007

hi

I have major problems with facebook as well... Really annoying and only turns to use Facebook on the pc....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

hi

m.facebook.com??

Idleater wrote: »
    m.facebook.com??

to clarify im tallking about the actual facebook app for android.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Barely runs for me, takes nearly a minute to load, and sometimes freezes, vibrates the phone and returns the the main screen.

The update a few weeks ago seems to have made it worse.

Idleater wrote: »
    m.facebook.com??

to clarify im tallking about the actual facebook app for android.....
    I understand that, I'm just suggesting an alternative that doesn't have said issues. I gave up on the app long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Check out the reviews on the marketplace for it, it's page after page after page of people giving out about it. I ended up deleting it and use m.facebook.com instead because it was constantly crashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

i thought it helped too for a while but no, still ****!

Yep, you're right.... still crap :mad:

m.facebook.com is the only way to use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

m.facebook.com is the only way to use it

I agree. Just set that website as a bookmark, then you add the bookmark to the homescreen and launch it just like an app.

In the play store, almost every second user is giving out about the app!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I don't find the app too bad on the sII but for some reason if I search for somebody who is not a friend, I would get very few if any results. If I perform the search on the website I always get loads of results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

staggeringly bad app.
    it simply doesnt work?????
    how can that be for a billion pound tech company?

• Advertisement

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    staggeringly bad app.
    Ud think with all the peoples thats giving out about it that they wud have done something to improve it at this stage!!

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    staggeringly bad app.
    Ud think with all the peoples thats giving out about it that they wud have done something to improve it at this stage!!
    Or get rid of it. Clearly with android there is less need for an app front to a website than the iphone app for that phenomenon.
    The aib app is another example, the mobile front works exactly the same and no need to install.
    Apps are fine when used properly, ie to use the computing power of the phone and reduce communication, but for a website, that is just not needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭happyman81

Terrible app. Just awful. I use FB on Opera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Second update within a week downloaded this morning.
    FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

Anyone having problems in the last week or so with the Facebook android app. Have a Samsung S3 mini - app rarely updates newsfeed when not connected to wifi - but randomly does sometimes. Have installed the most recent update and have also completely uninstalled and reinstalled completely with no success?

Advertisement