Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horses on Tramore Beach?

Options
  • 13-03-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi,

I walk my dog daily on Tramore beach and live litterally 2 minutes from the beach also but I keep missing the horses.

Every day I see the hoove prints in the sand and I am dying to take photos of them on the beach. I do painting and I also love photography. Does anybody know what time they go on the beach or are they from the local Pat Flavins stables or are they privately owned horses?

Id really appreciate any information.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

I've no idea about Tramore as I'm over nearer to Clonea Strand and what I've noticed is that the horse riders tend to follow the tide, and you don't often see them untill the tides well out. Even the people who shall not be named with their racing carts and horses turn up when there is a massive expanse of beach at low tide.

For local tide times see http://www.wlrfm.com/tramore-r.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I think there is a rule that they have to be gone by a certain time in the mornings or have to wait until after a csrtain time in the evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

In woodstown horses have to be gone from the beach by 10am, earlier in the summer time as far as i know. Part of the Waterford County beach bylaws. They are mainly racehorses on Woodstown beach but also some local people walk their horses on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

http://www.laketourstables.ie/

I know that Pat Flavin from Lake Tour stables was doing lovely beach treks at the weekend on Tramore, lovely chap, number is on the website if you want to contact him as regards what time/day they might be down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Guramoogah

It's a lovely sight to see the horses out at the water's edge. I was out there a few weeks ago when some Welsh rugby fans, who were staying in O'Shea's hotel, were strolling at the top of the promenade when the horses passed. They got real excited and took loads of photographs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

Thanks a mil Boardsies,

I would LOVE to get loads of fab photos of the horses just strolling or galloping on the beaches. I don't drive but when ever I get a chance I go to Woodstown and I often see horse hoove prints there too.

Ill contact Pat Flavin and ask do they do it regularly? Thanks again.

PS: If you hear of any upcoming horse visits, let me know pleeease. Thank you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

Also keep an eye open for the Circus, if they havent' banned animals in them yet you'll sometimes get the elephants etc down on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fitzygirl

Hi bubs my friend and I had our horses on Tramore beach Tuesday morning and will be down again around 10.30 Friday morning, best time to catch horses down there is when the tide is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

Hi Fitzygirl,

Im so annoyed that I missed your message. I didnt get any notification in my gmail like usual and I didnt check Boards for about 2 days...obviously!

I live right beside the beach and all. I would of loved to have come and taken pictures of you and the horses, if that was ok with you.

By any chance, if you have plans to go on the beach some other morning again, can you PM me please? If not, I understand. I know everyone is busy.

Im currently in the middle of doing two oil paintings of horses, i seriously love them. I think they're beautiful animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fitzygirl

Aw that's a pity!! Wel be down again soon we try get down as much as we can so as soon as we make arrangements I'll let you know, work away and take pics everyone else does lol, and best of luck with the paintings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement