Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB bill due today

Options
  • 13-03-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am supposed to get my ESB bill online today but no sign of it, any way to check it for me??

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Battries not included,

A due date for a future bill is an approximation - the bill can be issued after this date. It is dependent on when the meter is read.

If you send me details of the account by private message, I'll have a look for you. What would be required are the following:

- Electric Ireland account number
    - Your full name
    - Address/telephone number/date of birth on the account
    - A line confirming that you are the named account-holder

Thanks and regards :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 13 distantdrum

Dont worry you will get it they wontforget

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Have a good look when it arrives, got a bill this morning for an Apartment that is empty since before Xmas and they have a Low Usage Charge of €32.59 included in this bill.Its bad enough been empty without a semi-state body robbing you as well. This is what happens to LLs when they sit back and let the Government take advantage with huge taxes levied on second homes. I believe the other power providers are not charging this Low Usage Charge. So I am moving four accounts away from them today. So beware this charge does not appear on the front page of your bill, it's on the reverse side. I cannot believe that they can legally rob people like this. What do others think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Bessa,

The reason for the low usage standing charge is as follows (as per our website):
    We recover the fixed and variable costs associated with providing customers with an electricity supply through the unit price of electricity and through daily standing charges. Costs relating to the supply of electricity relate to networks maintenance, meter reading, billing and customer service charges. Where there is very low electricity usage in a premises, we cannot recover the full cost of servicing that premises. This leaves us with no option in these situations but to increase the standing charge on these accounts.

And in answer to the question of whether there is an alternative to this charge:
    The alternative was to increase standing charges for all customers; however we feel a fairer approach is to apply the charge solely on accounts where we are currently not recovering our full costs.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement