Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Haircut

Options
  • 13-03-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

i live in tralee 6 months and not gotten me haircut since. I dont trust anyone with this wonderful peice of work i grow on my head.

weres the best place to get one in tralee?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

are you male or female??

I'd recommend Patricks Hair salon which is above Paddy Macs, I think they are unisex. If you are male then there's Barberelle which is near Gamestop on Bridge Street, or another good barbers is The Barber on Ashe street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

i am male :)

need the best place

i am gay when it comes to my hair haha

so you recommand either of them places?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

well I know both owners of the barbers, and both have previously cut my hair when they worked in unisex salons (I am female!). I know guys who have gone to them in their barber business, and I've heard good things about both! So take your pick ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Manor Barbers up near Mc Donals. 14.50e so costly enough but good job!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    well I know both owners of the barbers, and both have previously cut my hair when they worked in unisex salons (I am female!). I know guys who have gone to them in their barber business, and I've heard good things about both! So take your pick ;)

im trusting you!! and serious words be had if my head turns out bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Brennaldo II

but1er wrote: »
    i am male :)

need the best place

i am gay when it comes to my hair haha

so you recommand either of them places?

Get a "Dougle" and dye it blonde.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ballocavendish

Vain wrote: »
    Manor Barbers up near Mc Donals. 14.50e so costly enough but good job!

I didnt like the Manor :/ theres a little place across from Shaws in town, the name escapes me...??? Anyway got me hair cut there a couple of times and was happy with it

Just back from Barberelle and :O i am impressed people
    5 out of 5 and will defo return
    my hair is perfect not to long not to short side fringe rocking in the kerry wind.
    very friendly people lovely chat about the all ireland final * i shine in gloating*
    nice read of 4-4-2 while i waited and only cost 11 quid for a student

it was a pleasure and i shall return

my hair is perfect not to long not to short side fringe rocking in the kerry wind.
    very friendly people lovely chat about the all ireland final * i shine in gloating*

very glad to hear you got on well in Barberelle! The ladies who run it are really nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    very glad to hear you got on well in Barberelle! The ladies who run it are really nice :)

Yeah they're a great bunch, I always go there.

• Advertisement

the banter is good

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Those Barbereile (checked the spelling on google street view:) - can I just walk in? Or do I need the appointment? What are the hours (google did not help)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

don't think you ever need an appt for any barbers tbh - it's unlikely most blokes will be going for hi-lites, set and curls which usually take the time!!

Saturdays are usually the busiest day so avoid that day if you are in a hurry.

sudaltsov wrote: »
    Those Barbereile (checked the spelling on google street view:) - can I just walk in? Or do I need the appointment? What are the hours (google did not help)?

you don't need an appointment, but if they are busy obviously you'll have to wait or call back! I think they open from 10am - 5.30/6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I use the place up Ashe St on the Courthouse side. You get a quick and efficient cut for a tenner. I have no complaints - mind you I only ask for a No.2 all round, it does not get anymore basic than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

How much Barberelle charge for hair cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

cais wrote: »
    How much Barberelle charge for hair cut?

Usually a tenner Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Cam2012

Any ecnomical barbers with good results in Tralee. I am planning to spend max a tenner and its only for a dry cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Cam2012 wrote: »
    Any ecnomical barbers with good results in Tralee. I am planning to spend max a tenner and its only for a dry cut.

The one on Ashe St (on the Courthouse side heading towards the railway station) is a tenner and you get a quick efficient cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

kn wrote: »
    The one on Ashe St (on the Courthouse side heading towards the railway station) is a tenner and you get a quick efficient cut.

Any hairdressers open after 6pm tonight in Tralee listowel area??

• Advertisement

Any hairdressers open after 6pm tonight in Tralee listowel area??

probably not on a Wednesday.
    The Barber has also a unit in Manor shopping centre, and I know they open late Thurs & Friday, so maybe chance if they are open late this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kerry066

i live in tralee 6 months and not gotten me haircut since. I dont trust anyone with this wonderful peice of work i grow on my head.

weres the best place to get one in tralee?

Claude Monte in the Square is very good, Dry Cuts are only €10 & the staff are very friendly. It's a family run barbers and the family that have it also own Subway in the Square. I've got my hair cut in Claude Monte for years and I must say it's 10/10 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭manna452121

Only place in town to go,I have come from Limerick in the winter and popped in with no delays.

Advertisement