Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Last of Us

• 13-03-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Just saw this trailer yesterday...so glad I bought a PS3 a couple weeks ago. :D

From what I've read about it, you not only have to survive by fighting off zombie-like creatures (they've contracted some kind of fungus that jumps from species to species; the original idea came from those "zombie" ants that have been discussed on here before), but you also have to fight other survivors for food, weapons, etc.

The game looks cool, and I love that it's not just a scenario where you have to kill the creatures...because in reality you'd be at odds with other people as well, so I think it's great that they're focusing on that, too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Yeah the game looks pretty decent. The only thing that concerns me is that the girl is played by AI... so hopefully it's not a big problem. The game LOOKS freakin' beautiful. Very cool indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Yeah the game looks pretty decent. The only thing that concerns me is that the girl is played by AI... so hopefully it's not a big problem. The game LOOKS freakin' beautiful. Very cool indeed.

I feel stupid asking, but...AI? I thought the little girl from Growing Pains played her.

It does look beautiful. I like how overgrown the world looks, like the earth is taking it back. And I'm excited that you have to fight other survivors; that will give it a more apocalyptic feel than most games like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Yeah everything I've read says it will be more focused on other survivors but that the 'infected' will still have a role in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Here is a 15 min video of the gameplay - it looks epic:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

when is it being released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I feel stupid asking, but...AI? I thought the little girl from Growing Pains played her.

It does look beautiful. I like how overgrown the world looks, like the earth is taking it back. And I'm excited that you have to fight other survivors; that will give it a more apocalyptic feel than most games like this.

artificial intelligence, the computer controls her. Would be surprised if there isn't a 2 player option or co-op available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Would be surprised if there isn't a 2 player option or co-op available.

I wouldn't. Splitscreen gaming is dying a death. Or did you mean on-line co-op?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

when is it being released?

Sometime in 2013 (I can only find info saying TBA 2013).
    artificial intelligence, the computer controls her.

Ah, okay, I understand now.
    Would be surprised if there isn't a 2 player option or co-op available.

No co-op option, according to this: http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-last-of-us/Multiplayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

just in case you are still considering getting this, do, its well worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭2009_

Has anyone heard if this will be released on the xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

2009_ wrote: »
    Has anyone heard if this will be released on the xbox?

As far as i know it will not be released on xbox as Sony has the rights to it

ya, very unlikely, naughty dog likes it ps exclusives

Looks like a playstations just after going onto the christmas list so..

Game looks unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Just completed this he other day. There will inevitably be a film. The story is so good. Excellent game.

best game of the year for me anyway, cant wait for the dlc

Advertisement