Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in angels?

Options
  • 13-03-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Over the past few months I have been reading the books by Lorna Byrne based on her experiences with angels, and all they have taught her. It really has reignited my belief in God, I am wondering has anyone else hear read these books?Or themselves had an experience with angels?
    I am writing this in the Ladies Lounge, as I attended her book signing at the weekend, and the majority of those attending were women, bar two or three men!!

shimmery :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Nope, I think she's fraud and happy to take people's money.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shimmery

In relation to fattammycat, Lorna has said that she would prefer her books to be sold for 3 or 5 eur, as cheap as possible in order for them to reach as many people as possible, but production/promotion costs reflect their price. I am of the understanding that she donates quite an amount to charity also.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

shimmery wrote: »
    In relation to fattammycat, Lorna has said that she would prefer her books to be sold for 3 or 5 eur
    How much are the books? €40?

Around 9 euro.

What she would like to do doesn't alter my opinion of her at all. in my opinion she's a grade A spoofer, right up there with 'psychic' Sally. Plus a quick look on Amazon confirms she doesn't even drop the price there where there are no overheads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

No, but my aunt is really convinced by them. She has cards she consults and everything.

But she is not a psychic like 'Sally' and never claims to be. She talks to angels and spreads their teachings. Angels do not predict our futures, as they are only guides. Have you read her books? I would prefer to hear opinions of those who have read her books, and the conclusions they have come to, if thats ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Never heard of her, but why would her personal experiences influence your own belief in God? She could have totally made them up for all you know! I can understand if you had personal experiences of your own, but taking someone else's unsubstantiated claims as a reason to believe in something is a bit mad.

Dave! wrote: »
    Never heard of her, but why would her personal experiences influence your own belief in God? She could have totally made them up for all you know! I can understand if you had personal experiences of your own, but taking someone else's unsubstantiated claims as a reason to believe in something is a bit mad.

Exactly, she says she's talks to angels, but I very much doubt that.

But she is not a psychic like 'Sally' and never claims to be. She talks to angels and spreads their teachings. Angels do not predict our futures, as they are only guides. Have you read her books? I would prefer to hear opinions of those who have read her books, and the conclusions they have come to, if thats ok.

If that's the case, you may have better luck in the Christianity or Spirituality (where there appears to be a thread about angels) forums here. You may find people who are familiar with what you're talking about there :)

• Advertisement

I have on some occasions had what you might call a supernatural experience. Her books are so beautiful, even if you didn't believe, i promise that they are so colourful, vividly and intricately detailed and they are written by Lorna with the help of angels as she has profound learning difficulties.

Thanks Flouresence, maybe I have posted this in the wrong place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Each to their own, and it's good you can get some comfort from it.
    I was into the new agey stuff a few years back, and it was defintly part of some process of the whole spirituality thing , for me anyway.
    (But i don't believe in it anymore. )

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

But she is not a psychic like 'Sally' and never claims to be. She talks to angels and spreads their teachings.
    You do realise that these two sentences contradict each other?

Maybe post at the christianity forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=333 - they believe in angels and anything to do with their god...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Moved from tLL may be more appropriate here.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

Each to their own.. But, I for one definately do believe in Angels..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 WavyDavy

Yes, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭skyline1515

I have read her book and it is amazing, i am going to see her this evening at a public event she is doing. Her life story is amazing and she is not in it for the money as alot of what she does is free, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

In relation to fattammycat, Lorna has said that she would prefer her books to be sold for 3 or 5 eur, as cheap as possible in order for them to reach as many people as possible, but production/promotion costs reflect their price. I am of the understanding that she donates quite an amount to charity also.

Why doesn't she distribute the book(s) for free as a pdf on her website then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I have on some occasions had what you might call a supernatural experience. Her books are so beautiful, even if you didn't believe, i promise that they are so colourful, vividly and intricately detailed and they are written by Lorna with the help of angels as she has profound learning difficulties.

I think you've been taken in my her lies. She preys on people like you that are desperate to believe in something, because it comforts you and that's not a criticism at all.

I just think a lot of people like her are experts in their field - of lying and manipulation.

• Advertisement

I have read her book and it is amazing, i am going to see her this evening at a public event she is doing. Her life story is amazing and she is not in it for the money as alot of what she does is free, :)

Hi skyline, just wondering where Lorna is this evening? Time and venue?

WavyDavy wrote: »
    Hi skyline, just wondering where Lorna is this evening? Time and venue?

Just found its on in Limerick so cant make it, enjoy!

Bad Panda wrote: »
    I think you've been taken in my her lies. She preys on people like you that are desperate to believe in something, because it comforts you and that's not a criticism at all.

I just think a lot of people like her are experts in their field - of lying and manipulation.

I dunno. While I don't personally believe in angels, I saw her on the Late Late a couple of months ago and she did seem very genuine. It's hard to fake conviction like that. There are a lot of scammers out there but I really don't think she can be counted among them...

When i met her at the book signing, she said some personal things to me,that were specific, to help me. i never have met her before, she would have no idea what is going on my life. Thats why im asking those who have not read the books, to keep an open mind. I for one, fully believe. I feel bad for those who do not derive any comfort from having this belief themselves, but im confident their angel is looking after them just as well :)

When i met her at the book signing, she said some personal things to me,that were specific, to help me. i never have met her before, she would have no idea what is going on my life. Thats why im asking those who have not read the books, to keep an open mind. I for one, fully believe. I feel bad for those who do not derive any comfort from having this belief themselves, but im confident their angel is looking after them just as well :)

Sure she did, no confirmation bias involved at all. Sorry you feel 'bad' for people who don't believe this kind of nonsense. Don't feel 'bad' for us shimmery, take strength in the knowledge that you're the kind of person who needs to believe in a magical entity to 'dreive' comfort in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

Proof needed that these yoke exist!

Don't feel 'bad' for us shimmery, take strength in the knowledge that you're the kind of person who needs to believe in a magical entity to 'dreive' comfort in your life.

I do not need to believe in angels to get comfort in my life, i have everything that i need, i believe that there is something out there bigger than us!!! We have all been told about when man first walked on the moon, however can we prove it.. we take the word of a few people that say it happened!!! for all we know it could have been filmed in a warehouse...... :p

WavyDavy wrote: »
    Just found its on in Limerick so cant make it, enjoy!

It was an amazing evening, sorry for only posting now it was late when i got home.. she spoke so well and you could sit and listen to her for hours.. there was a Q&A session and then she met with every person there and said a prayer over them.. well worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

It was an amazing evening, sorry for only posting now it was late when i got home.. she spoke so well and you could sit and listen to her for hours.. there was a Q&A session and then she met with every person there and said a prayer over them.. well worth it :)

I can plus 1 that as well. I too was there on Thursday evening and I really loved it. I brought two friends with me also and they found the evening wonderful and emotional. The evening was offered free of charge so no money taken so it goes to show that Lorna is giving of her time and love to tell us of her experiences of angels and God.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I do not need to believe in angels to get comfort in my life, i have everything that i need, i believe that there is something out there bigger than us!!! We have all been told about when man first walked on the moon, however can we prove it.. we take the word of a few people that say it happened!!! for all we know it could have been filmed in a warehouse...... :p
    Oh dear Jesus...

Yes man did walk on the moon, and yes we have plenty of evidence to support it.

There's a thread over here if you feel like having your moon landing hoax theories probed!

Advertisement