Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in angels?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

yellowfish wrote: »
    Bearing in mind the moderators reminder that this is a forum that does not question the validaty of other peoples reasoning. (I hope that is the correct interpretation) I can only say that I have been involved in several motorcycle and a couple of car crashes, I have so far escaped with relatively minor injuries, I have always been and remain an atheist and on the one occasion when the Indian takeaway I was carrying in the back ended up on my lap I did not feel the need to see it as the miracle of the vindaloo.
    Personally if I thought I had a Angel I would ask it to go to Africa and help some poor starving baby rather than a middle class male in a wealthy society who only needed to slow down (Which I now do all the time)

You are a "lucky" atheist...People with faith would say its Angels at work.
    Luck or Angels,whatever you call it,it is a force that changes peoples lives.
    If you realised the power of your "luck/angel" you would not send it to africa.Send some money instead:)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fataltragedy

Yes, I believe in Angels.

No - I don't believe in the type of angels that Lorna Byrne speaks about. I have read her books, and will admit, I thoroughly enjoyed them, but at the same time, I was reading them in a little of a 'fictitious' manner - now, I have nothing to supplement to say that she is wrong about how angels exist, or what they look like, or how they act etc.

It's more that it's not what I believe when I think of angels - but again I have no direct contact with them to fight against what she says :)

Advertisement