Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taxation

Options
  • 13-03-2012 7:40pm

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056572846[/URL]

Hi i was banned from the taxation thread by one of your moderators, for discussing property related issues on this forum. I was discussing capital gains tax and was using the increase in the value of a property as an example of a liability under CGT. Obviously this Mod hasn't a clue about tax or he would have understood that the increase in the value of an asset can attract a liability under the CGT system. He was very heavy handed and abrupt. could you please re-examine this and rescind my ban
    Rgds
    Marc
    Hi Marcc,

You have been banned from Taxation for the following duration:

3 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Property Thread

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 3 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie

Hi, I need clarification on this.. I posted about a taxation issue in relation to Capital Gains Tax. i was using the building as an example of an asset that may be liable to tax. It is not a property post sio please would you reopen this thread
    marcc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

According to the charter, property related threads are not allowed in the Taxation forum. Since you started a property related thread, you were banned as per charter rules. I fail to see how there is any appeal here.

Advertisement