Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Carwash

• 13-03-2012 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

My car is getting a bit grubby looking and needs a good scrub, I have tried a few car washes in the city but they don't seem that great, does anyone know of a good one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

The one by my house, next to punches seems to be good, as they are getting a good bit of business.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

+1 for Punches, if you work nearby they'll even come to collect your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Foxadoyle

The one at Punches have always done a good job on my car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

3 votes for Punches, I'll check it out and report back, cheers all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kitchensinks

make that 4.......very good value and great friendly service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The best carwash is always the one done by yourself :D (if you have the time)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The lads behind the Shamrock/Xtravision on the Ennis Road did a great job on my mother's car yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Another vote for the lads at the Punches cross car wash. Here is a link to their prices.

http://www.punchescrosscarwash.com/

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

There's a living social deal currently for them. Deluxe valet for 39 I think. Getting it done Sunday.

The lads on the dock road topaz station (the one with supermacs) also do a good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

MarkR wrote: »
    There's a living social deal currently for them. Deluxe valet for 39 I think. Getting it done Sunday.

The lads on the dock road topaz station (the one with supermacs) also do a good job.

What does €39 get ya which is usually €99 btw that ya couldn't do at home (DIY) ?

• Advertisement

What does €39 get ya which is usually €99 btw that ya couldn't do at home (DIY) ?

Most apartment livers wouldn't have the facilities to wash or valet their car where it is parked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

http://swiftwashcentre.com/index.html

Bronze wash is only 5 euro and does a great job! I recommend them.

Most apartment livers wouldn't have the facilities to wash or valet their car where it is parked.

Wash it where you park it sure, there's not that much to it and I find it very rewarding as do a lot of people

Wash it where you park it sure, there's not that much to it and I find it very rewarding as do a lot of people

There's quite a bit to it when you park it in a multi-storey carpark with no access to water :D

There's quite a bit to it when you park it in a multi-storey carpark with no access to water :D

I used to do it when I lived in a apartment block a few years ago,neighbours probably thought I was a bit mad tho :pac:

I'd agree with your neighbours :p

What's the car, colour and level of grubiness? :p

Blue, Polo and about a 4

Blue, Polo and about a 4

If you can convince Insect Overlord (who lives very close to me ) to give me a hand :p I'll show ya how to wash/valet a car and you'll never want to pay anyone again. You'd have to get stuck in aswell though...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

I find the one at Emo on Clare St very good and at €6 it's good value as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭lir6777

Second vote for the lads at Topaz on Dock Rd- €7 for a really thorough wash and they don't leave streaks, unlike some others I've found.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If you can convince Insect Overlord (who lives very close to me ) to give me a hand :p I'll show ya how to wash/valet a car and you'll never want to pay anyone again. You'd have to get stuck in aswell though...

Can I come for a look too! Always wondered how people living in apartments with multi-storey parking washed their cars

Mc Love wrote: »
    Can I come for a look too! Always wondered how people living in apartments with multi-storey parking washed their cars

Same as ya would anywhere (without the jetwasher obviously) :D

Is this some kind of weird initiation for newbies around here :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Be careful ZombieB, I reckon the feckers don't even have a car and that you would be walking into a Deliverance style scenario. The Snipe would probably be lurking there with them like the Imp he is.:D

Nah, the initiation is much weirder.I was only trying to show how easy it is! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'll have you know Kess, I know who she is and would gladly help! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Don't worry, the lads will do a great job cleaning your car

redneck_car_wash.jpg

Make sure the engine isn't flooded afterwards though

I'll have you know Kess, I know who she is and would gladly help! :)

Help with what though? the car wash or the luring? :P

• Advertisement

Last time I offer to do something nice around here :cool:

Advertisement