Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Carwash

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Help with what though? the car wash or the luring? :P

Both ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I'll have you know Kess, I know who she is and would gladly help! :)

I'll have you know Snipe, that I have seen and heard enough about you to know just what kind of help you would offer. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I'll have you know...this place is gone crazy

I'll have you know that there is something to know. Did you know that?

on a serious note Test does make a good job of the motors....his own one is always spotless...

• Advertisement

on a serious note Test does make a good job of the motors....his own one is always spotless...

So was Wonder woman's plane. ;)

I fall between two camps when it comes to washing cars. My day to day car I won't mind using a touchless wash or a jet wash in a service station on, only have it since last Thursday so it is still pretty clean, but my big boy's toys I always hand clean.

Funnily enough I have also found that the wax I use for my cars works brilliantly with the paint job on one of my bass guitars. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I normally do the interior of my car myself and bring it to 1 of the car wash places on the Kilrush Road in Ennis where they do a great job for €5, I'll finish small things like alloys off myself

Clareman wrote: »
    I normally do the interior of my car myself and bring it to 1 of the car wash places on the Kilrush Road in Ennis where they do a great job for €5, I'll finish small things like alloys off myself

Clare people have cars???? :confused::P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

We were Ireland's Information Age Town don't you know, if we didn't have cars how would we dump those cr@p GX1's back to Raheen :)

Clareman wrote: »
    We were Ireland's Information Age Town don't you know, if we didn't have cars how would we dump those cr@p GX1's back to Raheen :)

I remember that about Ennis being the high tech town. They tried something similar to that scheme in Tipperary as well, think it meant that some houses got electricity there. :D

As for dumping GX1s in Raheen, I never knew old synthesizers originally went to Clare to die. ;)

Actually Ennis is a little town that I quite liked. Have not been there since the bypass/motorway was finished.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

That would be my doing, sorry about that :cool:

That would be my doing, sorry about that :cool:

so did you get you car washed then and where did you end up going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

That I did Drifter, went to the place at Punches Cross, that did a bang up job.

That I did Drifter, went to the place at Punches Cross, that did a bang up job.

excellent...well in that case Test can wash my jeep for me...tis a disgrace...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

excellent...well in that case Test can wash my jeep for me...tis a disgrace...:D

I am not

I cleaned my own car today, it really was filthy. I cleared out under the seats, there was a hula hoop and a wine gum under the passenger seat and a broken pen under the drivers, I took out the car mats, I think it's about time I got new ones, they came with the car (07). Then I took Windolene to all the windows (inside & out), took Son of a Gun to the seats and vinyl's, then hoovered the interior. Outside I used a power washer that has a brush attachment to clean the car and alloys, then I power washed and wiped down the car. There were a couple of scratches on it as well that I've being meaning to get to for ages (got a Scratch Removal thing form JBL), cleared those as well, as well as finishing off the alloys with a cloth.

Have to say I feel a whole lot prouder having done it all myself, thanks to this thread for making me get my finger out to do it myself (all of it)

Fine!!! jees ill clean the jeep myself tomorrow!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Deluxe valet
    • Vacuum all car including boot.
    • wash polish and clean all plastics and vinyls.
    • Treat all leathers.
    • Clean inside and outside of glass.
    • Deluxe wash, tyres treated and shined, wax applied and full buff.

So nothing I can't do myself, but the whole washing, drying, polishing, buffing, waxing, buffing thing makes my arms tired just thinking about it. I promise I'll do it myself next time. :D

I've even got a carpet washer now. No stopping me. :)

Advertisement