Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

docks and chick weed- spray

• 13-03-2012 8:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

grazing off the end of the silage ground this week and will be going out with 3000 gallons of slurry next week and then two weeks later two bags of urea. now these fields were reseeded within the last five years. there are a few docks but quiet a bit of chick weed in places. whats the best spray for this and when should i apply. no clover. is optica only for docks or does it do chick weed aswell? should i spray first or fertilize first?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Well, this isn't a dock or a chickweed but I see no better place to ask.....what is this?

IMG_0621-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Not sure, maybe undersown spray.

Wild Bill, it looks like a wild sorrell. http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/915938

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

grazing off the end of the silage ground this week and will be going out with 3000 gallons of slurry next week and then two weeks later two bags of urea. now these fields were reseeded within the last five years. there are a few docks but quiet a bit of chick weed in places. whats the best spray for this and when should i apply. no clover. is optica only for docks or does it do chick weed aswell? should i spray first or fertilize first?

I thought chick weed was a one season crop, and would not survive the winter. I reseeded a two acre field last Sept. Never got to graze it due to incessant rain since then. Had several large patches of chickweed.
    I went out with two bags of urea three weeks ago, by hand:pac:
    Field looking great now, and chickweed patches wiped out, with vigorous growing grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭PatQfarmer

Tora Bora wrote: »
    I went out with two bags of urea three weeks ago, by hand:pac:
    Field looking great now, and chickweed patches wiped out, with vigorous growing grass.

Jeez lads, what dedication! We'll have to bring up those aerial fertiliser spreaders and their planes from NZ if your land doesn't dry out:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Min wrote: »

Wild Bill, it looks like a wild sorrell. http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/915938

Yep - that looks right. Another reply said it was "Lords'n'Ladies" - it makes a bit of a difference; wild sorrell is
    A common wild plant that is good to eat in salads, soups and omelettes, or just to nibble on your way.

whereas of Lords and Ladies I read
    The most important thing to know about this plant is that all parts are extremely poisonous.

:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement