Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE

Options
  • 13-03-2012 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Rte may have done a lot that was not right but the bands and artists featured on Rte Player is a credit to them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

lol
    work for RTE much?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keyboardcook

yeah lol. You don't work for their press office by any chance. Taking a leaf out of the politcal parties books?

Anyways, what artists in particular on the RTE player strike you?:)

Moved from bands/musicians

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mayogirl0311

Damien O' Riley should be deeply ashamed of himself. He is standing in for Joe this week on LIVELINE ( I love Joe by the way!) Damien seems a nice fella too. Its just that I have an issue with his pronounciation.
    He just said 'true' for through!
    Why on earth do RTE employ these people who cant speak proper English? He obviously cant pronounce' th.' He is NOT alone.
    Its so easy, all you have to do is stick your tongue between your teeth for the 'th' sound.
    He also said 'gave out' what on earth is this all about? Its 'told off' not 'gave out'
    He Just said 'Westmead' for Westmeath! A man rang in and said 'I'll' for oil!

Can someone please explain why the Irish people call cupboards, eg kitchen cupboards/units ' PRESSES'!!! Presses, why on earth would you call a cupboard a press?
    I'm Irish myself, and was never brought up with such weird sayings or bog talk.
    I know people in Carlow who pronounce the name Doyle as 'dail' Seriously!
    Another Irish weird thing is the use of the words 'would have' or 'would be'
    E.g. ' I would have black hair' instead of saying 'I have black hair' or 'I would have 3 dogs' its not I would have, its 'I have'
    'I would be feeling very well' its 'I am feeling very well' NOT I WOULD BE!
    'My aunt would have gone to Mass last week' its she went to Mass, not would have went!
    Its just shocking and unbelievable. These people really give the Irish a bad name. As the Irish say: They would want to cop on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I call a cupboard a press etc.

I am probably guilty of all the sins you describe. Weird post for the music section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mayogirl0311

I thoght it was an RTE post! and this is re RTE! Sorry if in the wrong section, this boards.ie is not that user friendly imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

God damn Irish people, can't speak the proper English or make user friendly websites. When your man leaves you should give Joe a shout about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Today at 6.55 am the presenter on RTE I RADIO stated that the time was 8.00 o clock, this was never corrected.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Advertisement