Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch day again!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

was the 1.8 gig download purely for 7.2 content? as nothing seems to have changed?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

copeyhagen wrote: »
    was the 1.8 gig download purely for 7.2 content? as nothing seems to have changed?!
    It changes how files for maps are read (unpacking compressed files etc.) and some changes to how the mods are handled in game (new sub folder rather than in the main folders).

map loading is faster alright, but i was already stuck at the start of each game for 30 seconds waiting for the round to begin, no im stuck for about an extra 10 seconds 'waiting for players to join' or whatever it says.

its too quick to load now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I spent about 15 minutes getting my mods to work (which they did) and then was so feckin tired last night I just went to bed!

See ya all this evening for a few games, and hopefully some training.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

I'm having awful problems with freezing. Every few games wot will just lock up when I'm in a game. I'll alt+f4 out and log back in and i'll be logged back into the same game except this time I'm stuck in position unable to move but can hear my tanks engine and other sounds.

I even tried a complete redownload and a blank reinstall with no mods just in case something screwed up on my end but it just seems to be some sort of ****ty bug with the new patch :/

• Advertisement

zil wrote: »
    I'm having awful problems with freezing. Every few games wot will just lock up when I'm in a game. I'll alt+f4 out and log back in and i'll be logged back into the same game except this time I'm stuck in position unable to move but can hear my tanks engine and other sounds.

I even tried a complete redownload and a blank reinstall with no mods just in case something screwed up on my end but it just seems to be some sort of ****ty bug with the new patch :/

I had similar issues before.

Try uninstall and reinstall graphic drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

Wow... sure maps sure load alot faster now...

I had similar issues before.

Try uninstall and reinstall graphic drivers.

No luck I'm afraid. As it is right now the game is unplayable for me. I can't go more than one or two games without it locking up. Guess I'll try again next patch and see if they fixed it but until there's no point in me even logging on.

No luck I'm afraid. As it is right now the game is unplayable for me. I can't go more than one or two games without it locking up. Guess I'll try again next patch and see if they fixed it but until there's no point in me even logging on.

Jesus - I just checked my WoT install folder (games/world of tanks) and it's 12.7GB with 45k files.

What the hell do they have in there??

I can't honestly remember everything I did to fix the isue, but definitely remove / reinstall the game and gfx drivers were steps I took.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

i had issues as well, but not as bad as you describe. did you use driver sweeper before installing new drivers? i went from Asus drivers to catalyst and i am now getting between 60 and 120 fps. i also turned off post processing which get rid of blur effects.

Also try this..
    i had this done before 7.1.1 and it got rid of smoke etc from your gun barrel while in sniper mode.
    its a little differant procedure in 7.1.1, but improves your hit rate significantly as you can see exactly where your first shot lands.Also gives a big fps boost

- navigating to C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res\packages\
    - making a backup of the misc.pkg file
    - opening the original misc.pkg file in 7-Zip
    - navigating to particles\Tank\
    - selecting the various shot-effects xml-files

Select all the files begining with Shot. except shot_MTLS_auto.xml and shot_Tnls.xml
    - pressing delete, clicking OK to confirm delete
    - closing 7-Zip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

this sounds like what im getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

what GFX cards have ye got lads

Auvers wrote: »
    what GFX cards have ye got lads

6800GT - Latest drivers.

Made no changes in drivers etc. before the patch and then this problem started. Since then I've reinstalled wot, updated to the latest drivers and still no luck.

What's currently happening is I'll be in a map and the whole computer will lock up not just wot. After about 4-5 mins everything will return to normal except I'll be unable to move in wot and no other tanks are moving, then about a minute later wot will give me a "you have been disconnected from the server" message and kick me to the login screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

GEForce 8400 GS fully updated

6800GT - Latest drivers.
    GEForce 8400 GS fully updated

6800GS?? Wow. 2005 card - used to have a 6600Gt at the time - super card :)

Fionn - the 8400GS doesn't really have the power for gaming - your fram rates must be REALLY low even with all the settings turned down?

You should have a look on Adverts.ie for a more powerful card - you can get a great bargain. Something like a 4850 or 4870 can be had for 40-60 yoyo's these days, and the difference would be night and day.

I've only got a 4850 in my machine at the moment (sold my HD6870, and fried my GTX570 lol) and I can run the game maxed out at 1920x1080 resolution, all the bells and whistles at about 50fps average.

I'm actually selling this card at the minute (not plugging it or anything) but just saying I've a price of 40 on it, and it will completely max out WoT.

Seriously, its a different game with the settings up :)

ive been using a 4800 hd for last few years and its a great card, plays bf3 no problem with settings fairly high. have 8 gig ram too so that helps

Advertisement