Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Wrappers

Options
  • 13-03-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Some of my wrappers.... I started collecting in about 1999, I read an article that old wrappers were selling for some large amounts of money and thought as I had just started working in a shop I would start collecting them.

A: to make a huge profit when I sell them :rolleyes:
    B: Cause Im interested in History, especially old photos (and wrappers are, well little pictures)
    C: It would give me justification to indulge in chocolate bars (for my collection!!! ;) )

It's probably VERY VERY sad to collect wrappers, but I bet someone will at least say "oh yeah" when they see the picture below. At least 1 bar they have forgotten about.

I am try gonna scan them all and hopefully put them up somewhere, have a lot to do, but hopefully these pic below will get the tastebuds flowing.

If the mods dont object, when I have something sorted, maybe I could post a link to the site when I get it up and running?

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Some more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

That cranberry and granola sounds delicious.

Anyone remember the aero with white chocolate?

41802_354100791640_2593123_n.jpg

and the snowflake?

snowflake1.jpg

and double chocolate dairy milk?

doublechoc250g-medium-1.jpg

I remember I used to bring a double chocolate dairy milk into school with me every day for lunch, but would usually not eat it until I got home that evening, would eat it while watching tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Dont remember that white aero, but remember the others.

Remember this?

*Muffin, how do you put pictures into the page?

FIRE wrote: »
    Dont remember that white aero, but remember the others.

Remember this?

*Muffin, how do you put pictures into the page?
    I've never seen that Nestle double chocolate, it look gorgeous though :)

To embed pictures into a post you need to highlight the photo link like this

343p854.jpg

Then left click and choose 'copy' or press ctrl+c (both at once) (it copies the link, which you need to do)

When you press ctrl+c or left click and click copy you need to click on this box in the reply section insertimage.gif and press ctrl+v as this will paste/copy the link into the box, when the link is pasted click on 'ok' and the link will appear in the reply box inside the [img]tags and when you click on the 'submit reply' box the photo should appear in your post :) Hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions :)[/img]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Nice collection OP, Id forgotten about Fuse bars!

Oh how I wish they'd bring back the secret bar

raw-1188561644.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bouncebouncey

Secrets were the business

Also

Screenshot2010-06-11at183057.png

Expensive back in the day but top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I've never seen that Nestle double chocolate, it look gorgeous though :)

Really? I thought they were so nice; I got that as my Easter Egg that time it was around. I have a vague recollection that Nestle brought out another bar at the same time in the same shape but a different flavour... maybe something coffee-y? Could be wrong though.

I really liked Cadbury Fuse. They remained in the Miniature Heroes selection for a while after the actual bar disappeared which kept me going for a while, but then they were removed (ran out) from there too. I wrote to Cadbury's about my disappointment and how I hoped they would reinstate the Fuse bar, but they showed me that mine was a hopeless hope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Anyone remember the Fry's bar that had all different coloured fondant centre? Also the Cadbury Peppermint bar (dark chocolate with green mint centre)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

how about the dark chocolate Mars bar! It was ltd edition around easter I think when I was in college. I think it was called midnight mars or something... drool!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I loved Snow Flakes! They always discontinue the best bars :(

ANyone remember these? They were my favourite sweets ever!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcfXIXv4g4vLOaatLxLVA6j9PuwUxIKtraUqahdoJXHZtaCKkQ5xtBLxwa

Oh and astros!

astros1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Was just looking at these Vids today, I don't remember Dr Who bars but certainly remember the Lolly pops in the coffin. The prices printed on the labels certainly show inflation.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

phasers wrote: »
    I loved Snow Flakes! They always discontinue the best bars :(

ANyone remember these? They were my favourite sweets ever!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcfXIXv4g4vLOaatLxLVA6j9PuwUxIKtraUqahdoJXHZtaCKkQ5xtBLxwa

Oh and astros!

astros1.jpg

I totally forgot all about Snow Flakes, Astros & Vice Versa.

I adored all of these!

Anyone remember any of these?

Magnum Double? I used to love those.

339okly.jpg

Pokemon chewing gum - I loved getting the stickers and tattoos. :D

376639686_675.jpg

Bubbilicious

2.jpg

Bubbletape

bubble-tape-cotton-candy-300x296.png

Hubba Bubba

hubbabubba001.jpg

Mr. Freeze

3030_Mr-Freeze-150ml-web.jpg

Fat Frog Ice Pops

50416_284786785653_4207658_n.jpg

Caramel cups - I see these every now and then, bloody expensive at 40cent per sweet. :(

caramel-cup.jpg

And the crisps hot lips / ghosts / banshee bones / wheelers / bikers / monster munch / 5pm crisps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Nice collection OP, Id forgotten about Fuse bars!

Oh how I wish they'd bring back the secret bar

raw-1188561644.jpg

Oh my god....thats the bar Ive been trying to describe to people, they just look at me like ive 5 heads:o

Advertisement