Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed line phone handset with very loud ringtone? Twin phone?

Options
  • 13-03-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a phone handset model that has an especially loud ringtone? The ringing sound has to go through up to two closed doors.

Cordless is slightly preferable, but not essential. Prefer something less than €25. Also prefer large buttons - it's for my parents who are elderly.

Alternatively, I could get some sort of "twin phone" arrangement like this but I don't quite understand how they work. There's only one physical phone line in the house, so would a "twin phone" thing work? If so, how?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a phone handset model that has an especially loud ringtone? The ringing sound has to go through up to two closed doors.

Cordless is slightly preferable, but not essential. Prefer something less than €25. Also prefer large buttons - it's for my parents who are elderly.

Alternatively, I could get some sort of "twin phone" arrangement like this but I don't quite understand how they work. There's only one physical phone line in the house, so would a "twin phone" thing work? If so, how?

Basically the twin cordless consist of the following:
    1 Main Base: Phone Line in and electrical power for charger

1 Second Charger

2 Phones

The two phones connect wirelessly to the main base and only one can be in use at the one time, and you normally can call internally.

You only use one phone line and of course you can have one upstairs and one downstairs etc

Signal strength I'm not sure but it depends on walls etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Thanks for that.

Advertisement