Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

01/01/1000

Options
  • 13-03-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Did a substitution on my shotgun licence and the new one came today but had the expiry date as above, I know a few lads had the same problem, what did Ye do about it?? Rang the station but the fo won't be in untill late 2m. Can I collect my new gun?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The license is valid just the date is wrong. You could collect your gun, but make sure to contact the FO, and request a reprint with the proper date on it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭12gaugedave

Ezridax wrote: »
    The license is valid just the date is wrong. You could collect your gun, but make sure to contact the FO, and request a reprint with the proper date on it.
    Not so bad so, think they need to change the date on the printing machine, was chatting to a few lads who had the same problem lately. Shockin to say they can't even get something as simple as this right.

It's either a fault with the current batch or the screen shows this date as the default, and needs to be changed for the license. Could be someone printing off the license without adjusting the date.

I've seen some good ones alright. Ammo limit of 10,000 rounds instead of a 1,000, expriy date on one of 2112, and the best one ever was a lad any when the name of his gun did not appear on the list of guns on PULSE, they left his license blank. As in no firearm name. Just caiber.:)

I myself done a sub about two years ago. When i got the license back it was for a semiauto pistol, and not my .22lr. Was tmepted to ask anschutz would they make one with that serial number as i had the license.;):D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

There is supposed to be a glitch in the system for substitutions.
    You will recieve another licence in a week or so with the proper date on it.
    It seems this has happened all over the country and only with substitute licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Ammo limit of 10,000 rounds instead of a 1,000

I trust nobody complained about that one? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

expriy date on one of 2112,

...or this one?

I trust nobody complained about that one? :p
    No ..............
    ...or this one?
    ......... No ..............
    I myself done a sub about two years ago. When i got the license back it was for a semiauto pistol, and not my .22lr. Was tmepted to ask anschutz would they make one with that serial number as i had the license.;):D
    ..... and this one was a hard one to complain about. Being issued a pistol license when i applied for a .22 rifle. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

The same thing happened to me a few weeks and yesterday the sent me out the proper license with the right date on it.
    Must be some computer error with substitution license.

Advertisement