Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef BBC The final 3

Options
  • 13-03-2012 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watching....pretty brilliant series....can't choose between the 3 final contenders

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

They're all so different aren't they? I think it's gonna be Shalina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Would love Tom to win ...think he's just so original ...Shalina really came on throughout the series...early episodes i would have put Aki first but she seemed to have fallen for some reason..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

ChewChew wrote: »
    They're all so different aren't they? I think it's gonna be Shalina

I agree. She did the best when actually working in a restaurant. The other two didn't do so well. Especially yer man, Paul is it? The guy who is always coming up with mad hit or miss combinations.

I'm probably a heathen but I'd prefer a ham sandwich over a lot of this food. Still addicted to the show though!

Cicero wrote: »
    Would love Tom to win ...think he's just so original ...Shalina really came on throughout the series...early episodes i would have put Aki first but she seemed to have fallen for some reason..
    Aki was fantastic. I loved her from the very start. Her little Japanese twists were great! Shame she didn't get too far though.

I think Tom has potential, but I'm not sure he is as good as Shalina and Andrew. Shalina definitely stood out tonight with little or no error whereas the others had a slip here and there. It's going to be a tough one I think!

Shalina definitely stood out tonight with little or no error whereas the others had a slip here and there. It's going to be a tough one I think!

Agreed...she was the best tonight...looking forward to tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I definitely want Shelina to win. She seemed to be the most consistently good the whole way through. Andrew can be hit or miss but I really don't want to see him win by virtue of the fact that I find him so incredibly irritating (or should that be iwwitating). Tom is a bit of a dark horse; totally forgettable throughout the series and, yet, here he is, in the final.

Go Shelina!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Love this programme. Think its between Shelina and Andrew though. Dont think Tom is as good as them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I think that unless Shelina or Andrew start having a mare at this stage then Tom is just not in the running. Serving up raw fish a couple of days from the end just isn't good enough.

Personally I think Andrew will take it if he can hold it together long enough and not do any crazy combinations but either would be a worthy winner.

Dovies wrote: »
    Love this programme. Think its between Shelina and Andrew though. Dont think Tom is as good as them.
    I think sheer luck is the reason Tom's in the final. He's not there because he's particularly outstanding, but because he kind of kept his head down throughout and wasn't particularly bad enough/didn't chance taking risks that might backfire and make him stand out for the wrong reasons.

I think sheer luck is the reason Tom's in the final. He's not there because he's particularly outstanding, but because he kind of kept his head down throughout and wasn't particularly bad enough/didn't chance taking risks that might backfire and make him stand out for the wrong reasons.

Funny, I watched the same programme you did and I've a different take on Tom-:D i thought he delivered some great dishes and was quite experimental -although not in the "Aki" mould... maybe he's too "steady" and "consistent" - i dunno- we'll see tonight...

• Advertisement

I think Shelina has it in the bag now. Poor Andrew getting that wrong.

Shelina certainly out-did the other two ...Really looking forward to the final tomorrow

I think Shelina has it in the bag now. Poor Andrew getting that wrong.
    But really, it reflects pretty badly on someone who aspires to be a professional chef at this level if they don't know the difference between a starter and an amuse-bouche.

Glad Shelina continues to do well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Unless Shelina really screws it up tonight she has to have it in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

I'm finding it riveting. Shelina had a flawless performance last night, but I don't think that either Tom or Andrew are out of it yet, though I put Tom slightly ahead of Andrew after doing such a perfect dessert. That was incredible to watch. In my opinion, his patience and dexterity were superior to either of the other contestants. If there is a similar dish or technique required tonight then he could be the one to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

shelina looks like she has it in the bag but looking at her recipes, they are simpler and quicker than the two guys so she rarely gets into trouble timewise. she also uses the same ingredients a lot so isnt as far our of her comfort zone as the other two, its hard to say who will win!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,883 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think it's between Andrew and Shelina. Just don't think even if Tom made three perfect courses tonight that it'll make up for the fact that Shelina and Andrew have almost always been in the top few and Tom hasn't. He's made a lot of mistakes.

Between Andrew and Shelina, I think if Andrew can hold it together and not go crazy, he'll take it. I really like Shelina, but as others have said, she regularly stays within her comfort zone (though she has learnt a lot), but Andrew keeps trying something different. Shelina's food nearly always sounds great. Andrew's can sound really risky. If he can pull it off, it's his.

shelina looks like she has it in the bag but looking at her recipes, they are simpler and quicker than the two guys so she rarely gets into trouble timewise. she also uses the same ingredients a lot so isnt as far our of her comfort zone as the other two, its hard to say who will win!

I agree..thanks for getting what was in my head out on paper...:P

Tom never played safe..that's what I liked about him...he didn't always get it right but he definitely beat Shelina a number of times in the early stages...time and organisation will be Toms worst enemy but I think from an ideas perspective he's a better chef...but overall performance and execution will count for a lot more this evening and that's where he may fail...

Penn wrote: »
    I think it's between Andrew and Shelina. Just don't think even if Tom made three perfect courses tonight that it'll make up for the fact that Shelina and Andrew have almost always been in the top few and Tom hasn't. He's made a lot of mistakes.

Between Andrew and Shelina, I think if Andrew can hold it together and not go crazy, he'll take it. I really like Shelina, but as others have said, she regularly stays within her comfort zone (though she has learnt a lot), but Andrew keeps trying something different. Shelina's food nearly always sounds great. Andrew's can sound really risky. If he can pull it off, it's his.

I really don't see Andrew being a close 2nd at all...amazing how we have different perspectives on just 3 chefs...:)

Roll on 9.00 BBC 1..... If anyone's watching then care to post in this thread throughout

I cannot wait for this!

But Cicero... I'm with Penn on this one :D

What's the odds so Chewchew?:p

Let the games begin....woopie...the final has started....:cool:

• Advertisement

Oh no... we're going back to their hometowns :rolleyes:

...it's to make them human...You'll cry more when your favourite loses ..:p

But it just makes me dislike the ones I dislike even more. At least Andrew hasn't started weeping so far in his VT...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

My money is on Shalina. I love her. I cannot STAND Andrew he really bugs me for some reason. And I did think that getting confused about an amuse bouche vs a starter was a big error. And he was the only one who needed help last night.

I forgot about Andrews chocolate tart .....that was one of his pretty cool dishes...but yea...I agree...he's the weakest of the 3

My money is on Shalina. I love her. I cannot STAND Andrew he really bugs me for some reason. And I did think that getting confused about an amuse bouche vs a starter was a big error. And he was the only one who needed help last night.
    Agreed.

Cicero wrote: »
    I forgot about Andrews chocolate tart .....that was one of his pretty cool dishes...but yea...I agree...he's the weakest of the 3
    Yeah, I really wanted to gobble up that one alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,883 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Coldplay already? What'll they play at the end?!

Mt predicition:

3rd Place: Tom

2nd Place: Andrew

Winner: Shelina

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Coldplay already? What'll they play at the end?!

Strawberry Fileds forever?

Advertisement