Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Dublin Softball Club Recruiting

Options
  • 13-03-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

BatPak, one of the country's leading softball clubs, and part of the 2Pak Club with our friends the Dublin Bay Packers, are looking for guys and girls to join our team for the 2012 season.

We play in the Leinster League Premier Division, having won the Championship title most recently in 2008 & 2009, the National Cup competition in 2009 & 2010 and runners-up in last year's National Club Championship.

The softball season runs from April - September, with games being played on a Tuesday evening, training is held on a Sunday lunchtime. Our home ground is at ALSAA, and we currently train in St. Annes Park Raheny. There is also the opportunity to play tournaments on most weekends both in Ireland and in the UK.

We're ideally looking for people who've played before, whether slowpitch, fast pitch or indeed baseball.

Softball is great fun, and at BatPak our main aim is to have fun. We play hard, and then we enjoy the after-match. Softball is social, an opportunity to stay relatively healthy and meet new friends.

For more information on BatPak, please go to www.batpak.net, and you can get in touch if you're interested via the website or leave us a message on this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pepperds

BatPak are again recruiting players for the 2013 softball season.

Last year, with our 2Pak Softball Club colleagues Dublin Bay Packers, we built Ireland's only Softball Dirt Diamond.. check it the photos here from our tournament last year to officially open the field.

So if you've played softball (slowpitch or fastpitch) or baseball previously, and are in Dublin at least until September we'd love to hear from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

pepperds wrote: »

BatPak are again recruiting players for the 2013 softball season.

So if you've played softball (slowpitch or fastpitch) or baseball previously, and are in Dublin at least until September we'd love to hear from you.

What if you haven't? I played baseball in Canada as a kid, but not since. Are games played at the weekend, during the day? I live in Dundalk, and don't drive but the 100X bus goes through North Dublin every hour on the hour, day and night. I also have friends and relatives in Dublin I could stay over with if need be.

I'd love to play.

Advertisement