Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go **** Yourself EA

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Orim wrote: »
    Just to point out that with that paid DLC (that you don't have to buy. Lets remember that) Capcom are also coming out with a load of free DLC for the game.
    Oh, I'm aware of the free DLC too. Unfortunately it seems to be predominantly gem-based so I regarded it as considerably less interesting. I would have thought they'd use the opportunity of a free DLC pack to perhaps include some of the characters.
    I don't see your issue with the bundle pricing. For 12 characters and presumably balancing it's 1600. That's not too bad for an update which nearly makes a new game. Also the balancing thus far is free so you stay up to date without buying the characters so it's a good improvement on previous Capcom outings where you have to purchase the Super Duper Ultimate Apology Edition.
    Well I have a couple of problems with it. Firstly, they're saying that the bundle is the only way to buy it. Not particularly fair for those who only want a handful of characters, perhaps a better approach would have been to group them into packs of three so as to offer more choice?

Next is the price itself, while you could argue that $20 for 12 more characters is a good deal, when you consider what you're getting for your $50 i.e. 38 characters and all of the other content in the game, it becomes significantly less good value imo. Then again, to be honest I look at this in the same light as Activision charging 1200msp for their map packs, fans of the series will argue that it adds upteen more hours playability and while I don't dispute that, I just regard the cost as excessive. That being said, I wouldn't have as much an issue if they charged 800pts and I certainly don't have an issue with them charging for them full stop.

As for that "Super Duper Ultimate Apology Edition", I'm pretty sure it (SSFIV) retailed for $40 which would have amounted to the same thing given the time lapsed since the release of the original?
    The costume pricing is also really good in that the main bundle means that each costume costs about 50 MSP or if you don't want to splash out on all the costumes you can pick and choose your new costumes for 80MSP. Seems like a fine deal.
    I don't have that big an issue with the costume pricing since it seems to be available individually and is entirely aesthetic. I mainly pointed it out due to the overall price of it when you factor in the character DLC as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

gizmo wrote: »
    As for that "Super Duper Ultimate Apology Edition", I'm pretty sure it (SSFIV) retailed for $40 which would have amounted to the same thing given the time lapsed since the release of the original?

Fair points but this is the only disagreement I would have. The reason I brought up the updated was not for the price point but for the fact that you had to buy SSFIV and the later Arcade Edition if you wanted to stay up to date with the general community. Whereas now you don't have to purchase the new characters but can still up to date.

If they keep this attitude with DLC gems, costumes etc. but the core of the game being constantly being accessible to anyone that makes the initial purcahse I see this as a great step forward for Capcom away from a model that they have followed for over 20 years now. This model meant that fans had to buy a new game every year or so. And the way this was brought on? DLC that everyone is complaining about.

Having said that we'll see in a year if they bring out the ultimate verion of SFxT. In which case I'll probably still support them but it will be something of a kick in the teeth to this argument.

Advertisement